Brand new, modern & airy New York style studio loft apartment in secure property just off Grant Avenue in top & trendy Norwood/Orchards. Superb location just minutes from Melrose Arch, Sandton &Rosebank. Walk to over 40 multi-ethnic restaurants. Private outdoor beach bar & shared entertainment area. Netflix & wifi & Secure parking.
Near the Houghton Golf course
If not available for all dates refer to identical unit at same location .
- Located just off Grant Avenue in the heart of Norwood/Orchards
- Over 40 restaurants within only 5 minutes walk
- just 1km from Norwood Mall offering a strong sense of unrivalled choice and convenience, sophistication but casual shopping appeal
- 1.5km from the late Nelson Mandela’s family home in Houghton and 1km from Gandi’s home
- 3km from Melrose Arch, a new urban design experience that creates a rare quality of in and out-doors residential, commercial, retail and leisure spaces. Bustling with boutique browsers and café culture, Melrose Arch offers a truly international high street fashion experience, alfresco style, leading to the sparkling retail galleria that provides the stage on which over 100 of the country’s top retailers re-define the face and future of shopping
- 4km from Rosebank Mall, one of South Africa's leading shopping and entertainment complexes
- Outdoor entertainment area with a beach bar theme
- only one open space double volume room (please refer to image of floor layout in pictures).
- sleeps 4 comfortably
- loft area not suitable for children under 5 years and senior citizens due to steep stairs
- please note there is no privacy between the loft and downstairs sleeping areas
- Secure, access-controlled parking for one vehicle
- Free Wifi
- Netflix, including other channels with Roku media player connected to the TV
- Incredibly airy with double volume ceilings and sleeps 4 (2 Queen sized beds) – please be advised that the second queen bed is in an open loft area with a restricted height ceiling
- It is a compact at 28m2 but is extremely cosy
- There is no privacy between all the sleeping areas and therefore 4 people must be comfortable sharing a room. Sleeps 2 people very comfortably. Please also note that there are steep stairs going to the loft bed so if more than 2 people sharing it may not be suitable for physically challenged people assuming both upstairs and downstairs sleeping areas are required
- Weekly cleaning
- Modern, well equipped apartment
- LED TV
- Private outside courtyard area with 2-seater table
- Bathroom comes with shower, basin and toilet
- Well-equipped open plan Ceasarstone kitchenette - Tea, coffee and sugar provided (please request additional items)
- Kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge/ freezer (but no oven or stove but with over 40 restaurants in close proximity to suite all budgets who needs to cook)
OTHER USEFUL INFO:
- In this day and age green credentials justifiably matter. The units have excellent insulation from floor to ceiling, we have solar water heaters on site and use the latest LED lighting technology for illumination. We are using less than a third of the energy (saving of 66%) that a similar non-energy efficient home of a similar size would use.
- We spend a minimum of 5% (but usually closer to 10%) of turnover with a homeless feeding scheme. We prepare food for homeless people on Monday of every week (guest volunteers welcome to participate)
If not available for all dates over period refer to identical unit https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/21274750
Norwood is one of the city’s most interesting suburbs. Just minutes from Melrose Arch, Sandton and Rosebank. Grant Avenue is to Norwood what Long Street is to Cape Town with it’s vast array of dining experiences.
A leafy garden suburb of Johannesburg, Norwood is both diverse and appealing. Its pretty streets are lined with trees and Norwood is easily one of the more popular dining spots in the city, renowned for its celebrated restaurants and ethnic mix of cuisine.
Norwood is unique. Norwood has the ambience of a quiet village, laidback nature is reflected in the collection of small high street boutiques, coffee bars and cafés.
You’re not short of things to do when staying here. Rosebank is a mere 10 minutes away, and Sandton City and its myriad shops, little more than 15minutes. You’re ideally placed to get into the city centre or to timeously reach Sandton’s CBD.
There are so many interesting things to explore and discover in Norwood. Here are just couple of the quirkiest highlights along Norwood’s Grant Avenue (please refer to our picture of a more detailed list of options all within a few meters from our spot):
There are a couple of great Mediterranean restaurants on Grant, including Zahava’s. Zahava’s doubles as an art gallery and has a beautiful outdoor courtyard in the back. The Schwarma Company is the most popular restaurant on Grant Avenue. The schwarmas, the desserts, the Turkish coffee, …It’s all awesome. Go. Enough said.
The Lamp Post is an antique shop. It’s also a cafe, a tailor, an art studio, and an event venue. It’s quirkiest shop on Grant Avenue. Worth a visit.
Grant Avenue also offers some of the best Indian food as well as a large selection of cheap and delicious sushi, Thai and Chinese eateries. There are also grill restaurants, Italian restaurants, Kosher restaurants and so much more to explore in the Norwood food life.
This Property is located very near the following places of interest:
- 1km to the exclusive Houghton Golf Course which hosts the Sunshine Tour qualifier
- 2km to Melrose Arch Shopping Centre
- 2km to Shepstone Gardens wedding and events venue
- 0.5km to Ghandi's Satyagra home
-2km to Nelson Mandelas Houghton home
-2km to Linksfield Clinic Hospital
โจฮันเนสเบิร์ก, Gauteng, แอฟริกาใต้