Get to know Seattle and Washington State while staying at a vintage 1900's Pacific Northwest home conveniently located in the heart of rainy-sunny Seattle.
We are pleased to be able to offer you a private and comfortable room within our quaint cozy home with charm! A large fenced in backyard and parking, nearby and easy access to parks and seasonal farmer’s markets, grocery stores and co-ops, historic, diverse, commerce and friendly neighborhoods.
The private 225 square-foot Master-bedroom offers over 6 combination customizable lighting profiles with remote control, wall mounted electronic fireplace, open closet with privacy partition with coat hangers, luggage rack, towels, linen and additional bedding available upon request, TV with terrestrial channels, and large windows.
In addition to the above bedroom, access and use of common area: living-room, kitchen, and bath + restroom with a large fenced-in backyard and driveway for parking - All within walking distance of local cafes, restaurants and easy access to parks and seasonal farmer’s markets, grocery stores and co-ops, historic, diverse, commerce and friendly neighborhoods.
For people with allergies/sensitivities, we've researched non-toxic/non-carcinogenic items for use around the household, BPA free and safe use cookware, non-toxic and environmentally friendly cleaning supplies used. We are an organic, local and health conscious home so a modest selection of food/amenities are offered with such considerations in mind. Cook as simply or as decedent as you like -or anywhere in between :)
We welcome you to use our fine Japanese dishware, ceramics and cutlery, or if preferred, we offer complimentary earth friendly compostable plates and cups for easy cleaning up. Cook simply with the microwave, or with the open flame stove and range, or have local food delivered conveniently and quickly using your smart phone.
Other home safety and security features: Emergency First-aid Kit on ready, carbon monoxide and smoke detector/alarms at bedroom levels, home front-door electronic lock and video view-finder, on the exterior of the home outward facing security outdoor cameras with guest accessible indoor display, on the interior of the home there is a wall mounted fire extinguisher, non-slip non-skid bathtub/shower floor, aand no home is complete without it’s very own wall mounted earthquake ‘survival tool’ : )
The Master-bedroom is located on the 2nd floor just across from the restroom with full bath/shower combo. There is a spacious common area on the 1st floor comprised of a living room and adjacent kitchen.
We have a nice selection of informative printed guides, pamphlets and brochures of nearby attractions, tourist and local favorites and lesser known gems to consider experiencing during your visit - ranging from museums to botanical gardens to Seattle's historic underground tours, etc.
The house is within walking and bicycling distance of Capitol Hill's vibrant youth and elderly friendly alternative district, parks, Co-op and health food grocery stores and local fine dining and casual restaurants nearby.
If by car or public transportation, it's about a 15mins drive (non-rush hour) to the East Side (Microsoft) and less than 4 miles from South Lake Union district (Amazon), just under 2 miles from Downtown Seattle, a 20 min walk to Capitol Hill's Broadway Neighborhood and about 25 miles from the Future of Flight Aviation Center where Boeing factory tours are held and less than 10 miles from Seattle's Museum of Flight. As native Seattle-ites, we would be happy to offer local area advice and helpful tips.
Where possible we offer some charming complimentary items during your visit such as:
- Bedroom pillow selection between soft medium firm down and/or memory foam in hypoallergenic enclosure cases under 100% cotton pillow cases. When setting up your visit, please let us know your preferences and we will do our best to tailor such personalization with your visit.
- Complimentary eye mask/eye covers for restful sleep, like those offered by airlines in-flight.
- Fresh clean cotton hand and face towels, bath towels and linen for each visit.
- Complimentary use of comfortable slippers for the bedroom and house for the duration of stay.
- A modest selection of organic food stocked in the cupboards, local free range prioritized, for instance complimentary optional self-serve breakfast along the lines of organic muesli/granola/cereal and organic milk and/or nut-milk, "Dave's killer bread" for toast - organic fair trade coffee French pressed or fresh brewed help yourself, raw and coconut sugar, a lovely selection of organic teas - green, black, oolong, etc. For long term guests, please note that this complimentary selection is not intended to sustain through the duration of a long term stay but where possible a humble selection is offered to make your initial arrival and settling in period more convenient : )
- Bedroom additionally includes: Wired and WIFI Internet, Closet space and coat hangers, a luggage stand to raise and arrange your luggage, complimentary tissues and travel pack, television with local channels, fresh bedding and pillows.
- Use of our umbrella for those unexpected rainy days ;)
- We use Organic Bronner's soap in the house.
We take great care to offer a clean and tidy home and for those who may have allergy sensitivities, we offer a HEPA air purifier machine in the bedroom and common area.
Our home philosophy is to leave thing equal or better than you found them.. if you feel the same way than we'd love you to visit ! : D
Please note the home common area is typically is shared with one or two other people.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions regarding your stay. If anything is unclear in the listing, please ask and we'd be happy to clarify up front and prior to booking : )
Oh, and if you are a music lover: Listen to Mozart throughout the home or queue your own music playlists over the multiroom speaker setup with individual zone control (bedroom vs kitchen vs living room, etc), tap and play with your iOS or Android smartphone (uses NFC pairing and Bluetooth found in most modern smartphones) or pair your tablet or laptop wirelessly to the home sound and speaker system.
- This is a no-shoes-worn-indoors home; comfy slippers are offered complimentary for the duration of stay :)
- We are unfortunately not able to accommodate dogs or cats due to allergy concerns and in consideration of future guests, we're so sorry as we personally love all furry (and non) extended members of the family! However, we may be able to make exceptions for smaller or other unconventional pets, if needed please ask.
- No parties or other unexpected people appearing/staying in the home. For instance, no tinder sleep overs or comparable social hook up app rendezvous, or additional unannounced guests for sleep overs and/or loud or noisy activities that can be disruptive to others. If an additional guest/visitor is desired beyond what was arranged through the booking, we simply ask that you communicate with us prior. :)
- In the common areas such as the kitchen, living room, etc., for instance during long term stays, we ask that guests tidy up after themselves to keep things in the condition they were found.
I enjoy traveling and witnessing the beauty of nature and of the world around me. I have a passion for cooking, gardening in the spring and summer and raising four lovely chickens (just for the eggs and great companionship) they are the best! I do not have much time for television but do enjoy watching movies occasionally with friends.