Family's "Kljet" (little rural house) is placed on a beautiful hill, at the end of the road, surrounded by dense forest. It will treat you with most breathtaking views of mountain Ivanščica and surrounding hills, as well as the sound of silence and birds singing. It's homey, cozy, clean and peaceful. We do our best to make our guests feel like they're at home. Ideal place for couples all age, families with kids, larger family weekend gatherings, etc. And yes, we are definitely pet friendly.
There is also a covered terrace with beautiful handmade oak table and benches, so you can enjoy a meal or a cup of coffee outdoors, even if it's raining.
The bedroom master bed is quite unique. It's placed in the original vintage tool that our grandparents used for pressing grapes as part of wine production process.
- These hills are unique for large forests which make them a perfect hiking and walking surrounding. Vindija cave (archaeological site associated with Neanderthals) is just 3km away. Breathtaking ancient castle Trakošćan and it's lake are 30min drive away. If you are interested in pottery crafts, there is a family in Jerovec (15min away) that makes and sells beautiful and unique handmade pottery pots - it's called Keramika Mecena.
- In 15min you can be in Opeka Manor, Vinica (old arboretum and castle, both of interesting history). Also, Slovenian border is very close (just a 10min walk away); a trip to Ptuj (SLO) would take 30min.
- For more athletic types, 1061m high mountain Ivanščica has a perfect hiking trail and amazing view. Small interesting city Ivanec (our hometown) is situated below the mentioned mountain, and is 20min drive away. On your drive to the mountain you will see an old wooden mill called „Friščićev mlin“ (operated by a local family), that is still working, grinding wheat or corn to make flour for locals. At the foot of the mountain there is a small village called Prigorec, which is also a starting point for hiking trails. There is a family getaway named "Jarki", a beautiful place in the forest, where you can have a cup of coffee, eat something local, drink a glass of wine, enjoy the sun and fresh air, while watching your kids play on the playground (we personally love to go there; it's usually open Fri-Sun, but can be arranged with the manager to open during week). In the winter, there is a small ski trail you can use, and it's a lot of fun. If you'd like to experience some more nature, a 15min walk from "Jarki" will take you to a beautiful meadow with a stunning mountain cold stream, called "Šumi".
- Also, you can go on a horse riding adventure through mountain Ivanščica (starting point is Željeznica, 20min away).
- If you like adventures and outdoor activities, you can contact "More Adventures" (www.more-adventures.com, Varaždin) for renting bikes and equipment, renting kayaks, or SUPs. You can book a one day adventure trip, like Safari Rafting on river Drava.
- You would arrive to beautiful baroque city of Varaždin in 30min.
- ŠPANCIRFEST (Varaždin, 23.08.-01.09.2019.) - in translate "Festival of people who like walking": For twenty years, at the end of August, the historic city core of Varaždin is transformed into the largest stage in Croatia. During the ten days of Špancirfest, the streets, squares, palaces, parks, gardens, and courtyards of historic Varaždin become stages, theatres, restaurants, bars, clubs, classrooms, and shops at the largest, most popular and most diverse Croatian festival. Špancirfest is both a street and a music festival.
Gornja Voća, Varaždinska županija, โครเอเชีย