Welcome to our brand new, intimate, exclusive-use 3-bedroom villa in South Africa’s safari town of Hoedspruit. Magnificently positioned on the green-belt of the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate, it offers an authentic taste of bushveld living with free-roaming wildlife and easy access to the iconic Kruger National Park and the spectacular Blyde River Canyon.
Ubuntu Luxury Villa is a dream-made-real for owners Dennis and Anouk.
We can host a maximum of 6 people and accept children of 8 years and older.
We want your holiday in Hoedspruit to be exceptional! We’ve designed a home that we love and have tried to think of everything we’d need to have the most relaxed, enjoyable stay in this bushveld villa. Have a look at the pictures and information below, which should give you a good idea of what to expect when you book Ubuntu Luxury Villa for your exclusive-use stay.
The exclusive-use villa has three private, non-smoking rooms with en suite bathrooms, with a large living area, elevated viewing deck and expansive pool. It has been furnished and fitted with your comfort and convenience in mind, featuring high quality soft furnishings, original art works and all modern conveniences.
In total we can host 6 people and we accept children of 8 years and older.
Ubuntu Luxury Villa has 3 bedrooms, two of which have open air, outdoor showers. The rooms are oriented around a central, open plan living and dining area, with a large deck. They are subtly themed around some of our favorite animals; elephants, leopards and zebras.
Why Choose Us
Well we can list all the obvious reasons; like our location on a private wildlife estate, our large swimming pool, the many mountain-bike trails and walks you can take, and our proximity to the Kruger National Park and Blyde River Canyon, our high quality finishes, and luxury appliances… But what sets us apart? Why should you choose us, and nobody else?
These are the stand-out reasons why you should book Ubuntu Luxury Villa today:
- We cater for long-term stays of 4 days or more! This means you have time to relax, explore and fully enjoy the environment, with no pressure, no other guests and the freedom to plan your experience to suit you, and nobody else!
- You’re guaranteed absolute exclusivity. We only rent Ubuntu Luxury Villa to one group at a time. You’ll have all the comforts of larger luxury lodges, but none of the small talk, compromise or social rules that come into play when you share space with other travellers.
- Our private viewing deck is something really special! We only know of one other elevated viewing deck on the estate. Once up there for drinks or a meal, your heart will expand towards the seemingly limitless horizon. It’s romantic, it’s unique and it will create moments in time you’ll never forget!
- The artwork in the lodge has all been created by Anouk. There are no generic prints here, or stock images. Every canvas, large or small, has been created by us and is part of our story. It captures an experience, an animal, a memory that’s meaningful to us, and something we can share with you.
- We have tried to think of everything for you; from practical items like conveniently located USB points, an inverter in case of power cuts, and a reverse osmosis water filtration system, to all the details that make the house a luxury home, not an impersonal hotel. We want you to use the field guides, enjoy the Africology amenities, and curl up with the extra blankets we’ve provided in the lounge.
- Ubuntu Luxury Villa is full of soul, and because it’s a project that’s been so personal to us, we hope you feel that too! We don’t want you to just come and go, but rather, to really connect with this beautiful part of the world, nourishing your mind and body and planning your return before you even leave…
This little town is a laid-back gem and it’s a happy moment when you see Hoedspruit’s distinctive ‘welcome’ signs. It is no coincidence that they feature warthogs, as these endearing little animals are the town mascot. You’ll see them on the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate, but also eating grass and foraging for roots on the verges of streets and even in the parking lot of the Pick ‘n’ Pay.
The area around Hoedspruit that lies between the Greater Kruger National Park and the Blyde River Canyon is a mix of protected areas, forestry and farmland. Hoedspruit itself offers an array of authentic, quality restaurants, coffee shops, curio shops and art galleries that will make you want to spend time exploring.
While this booming Lowveld town is a popular gateway to some of South Africa’s best safari destinations and private nature reserves, as well as the iconic Kruger National Park, Hoedspruit also has a growing reputation as a conservation, research and training hub. Known as the wild heart of the lowveld, it is also a haven for artists, photographers, film-makers, writers and environmentalists inspired by nature.
The town’s economic life has traditionally centred round tourism and agriculture, but its laid-back lifestyle also appeals to a diverse mix of people, giving Hoedspruit its unique character. Its two large supermarkets stock everything you may need, and there are banks, doctors rooms, dentists, beauty salons, workshops and all the services that one could need when travelling internationally. Indeed, a large percentage of Hoedspruit’s population is made up of foreigners who have visited and invested in a second, or even a permanent home here.
Hoedspruit also has an active air force base, is the centre of operations for many aerial anti-poaching, conservation and research initiatives and many people train here to become recreational pilots. It also has an airport with daily flights to Johannesburg and regular flights from Cape Town.
Activities in and around Hoedspruit
There are several activities, day trips and fun ways to spend your time in and around Hoedspruit.
Some of our favourite spots, businesses and services include:
- 24 Degrees South – It has an on-site silk factory, a spa, a life-size chess board, some restaurants and boutiques, a classic car museum, colourful murals and wall art and in the winter months, some of the most spectacular flowering aloes we’ve ever seen!
- Africology Spa – If you’re looking for a relaxing treatment using African and organic products, this spa is located just at the entrance to the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate. We also use their natural products throughout Ubuntu Luxury Villa. You may love them so much you want to take some home with you too.
- Fruitful Living– This health shop in Hoedspruit is a rare find for any one interested in holistic living, vegan food, gluten-free, lactose-free and other specialty foods. It also stocks supplements, organic produce, and beauty products.
- The Farmer’s Market – Held on the first Saturday of every month at the Bosveld Centre on the R40, this is a true gathering of local entrepreneurs, crafters, artists and cooks. It will give you a real taste of local life! Also Look out for the recently launched Night Market at Francine’s Venue. It takes place once a month.
- Khaya Ndlovu Manor House– Just a few kilometres from the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate, this is a great place to book a guided game drive through a private reserve. Not only can you enjoy the bush and see many different animals close to Hoedspruit, including the big game we don’t have on the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate, but you can combine your drive with a lunch or dinner at their restaurant, which has one of the best views in Hoedspruit (aside from our viewing deck!).
- Kruger National Park
The Kruger National Park is just a 45 minute drive from Ubuntu Luxury Villa, making it an easy place to visit for a day on either a self-drive safari, or an organised tour.
Half the size of our home country the Netherlands, the Kruger National Park is home to some of Africa’s last free-roaming wildlife. It’s a place that we return to time and time again, tracing favorite routes in search of the animals we’ve grown to love.
You can enter via either the Orpen or the Phalaborwa gates; opening times change depending on the season so check these before your leave. There are restaurants in the park’s camps, or you can pack a lunch and spend all your time exploring the back roads. The house is kitted out with maps, binoculars and a cooler box for people wanting to drive themselves through Kruger.
Exploring the Panorama Route, as the scenic drive around the outer rim of the Blyde River Canyon, is known, is a fantastic day trip from Ubuntu Luxury Villa.
There are a number of scenic vantage points and famous landmarks to take in. If you’re a self-drive guest, you’ll find a map and some tips for your day out in the villa, or you can book a Panorama Tour with Selley Safaris, our carefully selected tour and transfer operator. This can be particularly rewarding for first time visitors, as you’ll have a dedicated guide to interpret the scenery and tell you about the area and its history.
The route has a number of vantage points where you can get out, or where the view is particularly rewarding. Some of the most iconic of these are:
Bourke’s Luck Potholes
Hoedspruit, Limpopo, แอฟริกาใต้