Central & located on a quiet street in the historical Oud-West neighborhood (next to Vondelpark), this newly renovated apartment has 2 bedrooms with canal view & offers an experience of living in a typical 1900s Amsterdam house with modern comfort.
This modern stylish apartment is situated in the best part of Oud-West – at the confluence of Jacob van Lennepkanal & Kostverlorenvaart. You'll be on the 1st floor (European) of a typical 1900s Amsterdam house with 2 balconies: large balcony (ca. 8,5 m2) with the view of the neat inner courtyard & a little French balcony with canal view.
The apartment has just been renovated, has all the equipment you could think of: fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with hairdryer, soap & shampoo (each guest will get 2 cosy towels for your comfort); household appliances like iron & ironing board are also at your disposal (please, use with care & don't leave them on unattended!).
The place has lots of other cool unique features (see full description), is pretty big by Amsterdam standards (65m2) & has a living room with an open kitchen & two bedrooms.
• LIVING ROOM (“the yellow room") features an electric fireplace with a 48" TV screen above it and a cosy (sleeper) sofa. An OPEN KITCHEN features designer electrical appliances, including a slow juicer (Kuvings, for the juicing fans out there!) & Bugatti blender & kettle, but also “normal kitchen stuff" like fridge & freezer, 4 burner gas stove, microwave, & a dishwasher. You'll also find quite a large selection of pots & pans, crockery & all the most common utensils. There's a large dining table with comfy modern chairs for four.
• LARGE BEDROOM (“the violet room") features another cosy electric fireplace & a view of the confluence of two canals. There's a fold-able funky lime-colored sleeper couch. In the corner left to the fireplace you'll find a laptop-friendly work-space (modern corner computer table & a comfortable office chair). Please, NOTE that the door from the corridor to the violet room is hand-made & particularly fragile, please, treat it with care to avoid any kind of accident or damage.
• SMALL BEDROOM (“the blue room") has a large two-person bed (140x200cm).
• Wireless lighting (install the Philips Hue app and control the color, intensity & type of lighting in the apartment from your smart phone). With the Philips Hue app, you can set up the lights to turn on when you arrive and turn off automatically when you leave ("geofencing" feature).
• Wireless audio streaming (stream your music wirelessly from any music app, e.g. Spotify). USB connection also available if your device doesn't support wireless.
• Bluetooth lock (once you get the access key just tap on the lock for it to open/close) – experience the convenience of modern home-security by not having to use keys. Once you book, I'll send you a link to the app & share a special access code with you, which will grant you access to the apartment for the time of your booking. In case you don't have a smart phone - let me know & I'll arrange a handover of a "conventional key".
• Two electric fireplaces
• Nest (smart thermostat)-controlled heating (green energy contract)
• Infinity LED mirror with infrared motion sensor in the bathroom: swipe your hand underneath the right hand side of the mirror to switch the infinity lights on (if it doesn't switch on, flip the light switch to the left (when you're inside). Don't forget to swipe again to switch it off & preserve energy.
Usually I'm renting when I'm travelling, so the apartment is yours completely for the time of your booking.
Depending on the time of your arrival, I might be there to give you the keys in person or I'll arrange for someone to do it & send you detailed directions. In case you have any questions or issues you can always reach me by phone, e-mail or the AirBnB app.
• The apartment is my HOME (& not a hotel / rental for business purposes), so, I'd like to kindly ask you to treat every object in it with respect & care.
• Since the apartment is located on the 1st floor of a typical Amsterdam building (i.e. no elevator & quite steep stairs), keep in mind that it's a bit of a climb.
• Please note that there is only one closet for clothes (the one on the left when you enter the apartment) available to AirBnB guests, there is no other storage space in the apartment.
• The door from the corridor to the violet room is hand-made & particularly FRAGILE, please, treat it with care to avoid any kind of accident or damage.
NO NOISE: please, be aware that it's particularly important in Amsterdam to be respectful to the neighbors as everyone lives in such close proximity & the rules of the Association of Owners are quite strict about the noise. In this connection, please: no loud music & noise in the apartment or the balcony (please, be particularly mindful between 9 p.m. & 9 a.m.).
NO SMOKING inside the apartment (there's a Nest Protect smoke detector, which instantly sends an alert to my mobile) or the hallway to the apartment.
PLEASE, TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES before entering the apartment & be mindful not to scratch the walls.
CLEANING: Cleaning will be taken care of, so there's no need to vacuum or mop the floor, but please - before you leave - make sure that:
1) the DISHES are DONE (dishwasher & capsules at your disposal) & that
2) BED SHEETS are in (or next to) the WASHING MACHINE (no need to turn it on)
3) TRASH BAGS put into special trash containers just outside the house
NO DAMAGE: if there's any damage to the apartment or its contents (lost keys, scratched walls, broken or damaged furniture, etc.), you will be charged accordingly. So, please, be a RESPONSIBLE GUEST.