- Your own space for TWO in the loft of a classic Durban home
- Very close to Florida Rd eateries
- Huge bath,basin and toilet
- Quiet residential area, no traffic
- Really comfortable quality foam mattress for a good nights sleep
- Desk workspace
- Fast wifi access
- Garage parking by request (+R50 per night)
- City and beach are R30 by Uber
- Security and camera monitored for your safety
* If you have any questions please send a message with your request to book.
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN DETAIL AND BE FAMILIAR WITH THE AMENITIES TO BE SURE IT MEETS YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS.
- December bookings are available for the entire home for 4 people. All other periods only 2 are allowed (Please don't try and book for 4 if it's not for Dec)
- The most important part of being away from home is how well you sleep. The bed is an excellent queen size memory foam mattress which will assure you of a most comfortable nights rest. You won't feel any hard springs in your back with this one!
- The loft is a comfortable, large and quiet room ABOVE the house, we live below.
- There's a small desk and chair near a window which makes it a comfortable spot to work on your laptop or catch up on social media
- A cupboard space for clothes is available but there is also plenty of surface space above our storage cupboards as well
- There is no door for your space, just a gate at the top of the stairwell leading up.
- Bear in mind that any noise from us watching TV or your conversation upstairs may travel between our spaces. That said, we pride ourselves on being considerate and the house is usually quiet by 10pm. We expect you to be the same.
- Please note the description on each of the pictures. Most of them show the loft, but some show the rest of the house which is our space and have been included for your reference to show what the rest of the property looks like :)
- The loft is perfectly suited for couples, travellers, backpackers or solo stopovers.
- Bath towels, hand soap, toilet paper and body wash provided
- There are 2 plug points.
- The upstairs loft is your home for your stay.
- Fast wifi is available restricted to 1GB a day
- PLEASE mention if you will need parking when booking (this is an additional R50 a night)
- Kettle, tea, sugar and soya milk is available for your use in our kitchen.
- You are encouraged to use our shared shower downstairs at this time of water scarcity. Remember to bring the towel and your toiletries downstairs with you
- No breakfast or meals
- Full kitchen use is not included. Light meal prep is allowed only IF you request this in your booking request. Eating out is encouraged as there are some really great places nearby. There's a few coffee shops, a deli and loads of restaurants that all do breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Don't come on holiday and cook, treat ya'self! Durban is literally the cheapest place in South Africa with the BEST and most varied choice of foods!
- Stove and oven use not included and we don't have a microwave, sorry :)
- If you think you will need to store some perishables in our fridge please mention it, that is totally ok!
- During your stay it would be really great if you communicate efficiently via sms/text, or other instant messaging platform.
- For checkin you will need to communicate your arrival time so that we know when to meet you (there is no doorbell). An sms or call is required on arrival.
- We are proud Durbanites and would love to answer any questions or offer advice
- Other than that we keep to ourselves and allow you to do your thing
- If you'd like a short tour around Durban I can show you some highlights depending on my availability. It's a quick and easy way to get acquainted with the city. Think of it like a classic 'city bus tour' but with a local and in a nicer car :) This can include the beach promenade, the stadium, harbour, city, and a view over the city ending off with a world famous 'bunny chow' - approx 2 hours R500
- I also do offroad drives around the beautiful Valley of a Thousand Hills. These can take 4-8 hours depending on route and activities along the way - approx R1000
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly (I've been vegetarian for 20 years) but anyone is welcome
- LGBT friendly (sometimes finding places in Durban is challenging)
Please drop me a message for any clarity or if you'd like to work around a few things, we can probably make it happen as I'd rather host you than have you miss out on a great experience (see the reviews below)
- If you're planning a one night stay with check in after 6pm and check out before 830am please message me about a discounted rate
We stand behind the Airbnb statement: "We believe that no matter who you are, where you are from, or where you travel, you should be able to belong in the Airbnb community. By joining this community, you commit to treat all fellow members of this community, regardless of race, religion, national origin, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or age, with respect, and without judgment or bias."
- Quiet after 11pm is appreciated. If you need to come in later that is also acceptable, just let me know
- No illegal substance use, smoking or drinking on the property please :)
- No kitchen use other than by request, but you're welcome to make tea and use our soya milk.
- A phone nr to sms, instant message or call as there is no doorbell and you will need this to let me know your time of arrival and when you're outside.
- If this is a same day booking please make contact FIRST via phone/sms before checking in
- No visitors/friends/family or other guests not booked to stay via Airbnb
ตั้งแต่วันที่ 10 ธันวาคม 2017 - 07 มกราคม 2018 จำนวนคืนขั้นต่ำคือ 7 คืน
Guitarist in a very loud band.
Vegetarian. Bicycle commuter.
I'm straight edge, which means I don't drink, smoke or take drugs.
I love good Indian food especially beans bunny chow (look it up if you don't know what it is) and pizza.
Married to Meagen Olivia who you will meet if you stay with us.
We travelled Germany and Netherlands in April 2016 using Airbnb.
I have also travelled to the USA a few times in the past (Louisiana, New York, Richmond, Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta), as well as visited France, Belgium and London many years back.