This is a rare spacious one bedroom unit with a full ocean view, in a low density property. The building is literally 15' from the shoreline! The volcanic reef fronting the shoreline for great snorkeling!
If the goal is to relax and enjoy the view, you won't have to go more than a few short steps!! This is a SPECTACULAR view! You will not be disappointed! This is a wrap-around corner lanai on the second floor of a two story building, facing the ocean.
Maui Sands is located in the heart of the Honokowai neighborhood. There are grocery, take out, and eat in restaurants within close walking distance. To the north and the south are lovely sandy beaches, but the prize is the set of 3 reefs that protect the ocean swimmer from the heavy surf, and make for great snorkeling and swimming!
Our kitchen is perfectly equipped for eating snacks in, or creating a gourmet meal from the fresh local produce at The Farmers Market right across the street!
This home is equipped with several amenities to provide you with a wonderful vacation from start to finish!
*Right down the stairs from the unit is a shared BBQ. This is located just off the observation deck perched over the sea-wall. Views Everywhere!
*We have smart TVs in both the living area and the bedroom.
*There is both a stereo, and DVD player for your use.
*We have a well maintained and new AC, but this unit captures the fresh ocean breezes like no other! You will love falling asleep to the sound of the ocean waves! We keep portable fans in addition to the ceiling fans for your comfort as well.
*We provide free wifi and a free reserved parking space close to the unit.
*The bedroom has a new and comfortable California King bed!
*Beach chairs, beach towels and coolers are provided as well as boogie boards and some snorkel gear (although you may want to rent to get the best fit).
Please note our check in time is 4pm and check out at 11am unless prior arrangements have been made. Our space is yours, you also have a safe for your valuables.
Jim and Nasrin are the owners of this unit. Jim is retired from law enforcement, and his lovely bride Nasrin is a successful entrepreneur. They moved to Maui from the mainland in 2010 and have become a well loved part of the Maui Sands community.
I am their property Island Agent, Heather, and I have lived on Maui for over 20 years.
We are all committed to your relaxed and comfortable vacation! I am available by phone, text and email.
This is a rare one bedroom unit with a full ocean view in a low density property. The building is literally 15' from the shoreline! The volcanic reef fronting the shoreline runs parallel to the shore. There are 2 lava reef ridges that serve to protect the swimmer/snorkeler during low to mid tide. The max depth between the 1st and second reef is about 9 ft, and in the afternoon fairly warm and very comfortable. We see turtles, spinner dolphins and eagle rays, as well as countless other marine animals along this shoreline! W67487578-01
Please remember this is not a hotel. You are a guest in the owners home. Please act accordingly.
1. Smoking of any kind is NOT allowed in the condo, on the lanai, or on the shoreline of the property. Smoking is allowed in designated areas by the BBQ and in the parking lot.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property, unless the Property Agent is notified and gives permission prior. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels (other than beach towels, for use while rental agreement is in effect) or linens to be taken from the unit.
4. Entry and Lanai: Shoes are to be removed at the door. We permit one pair of shoes per guest to be left in the entry and must be kept neat. Beach gear must not be stored in the entry. Beach gear must be wiped or rinsed free of sand and returned to storage. Linens, towels, beach wear etc. are not permitted to be hung on the railing or rafters of the lanai.
5. Bicycles: Bicycles must be kept stored in the bicycle rack at the entrance of the property.
6. Water and Sewer: Sand must be wiped or rinsed off prior to entry in the unit. Sandy swim wear and beach gear must be rinsed off at the outside shower. Sand in the pipes is a bad thing! DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. You could be charged plumbing costs.
7. Lights and Appliances: Lights will be turned off when guests are not in the unit. One interior light may be left on for safety when guests will be returning after dark. The AC should not be run when the unit is vacant or when windows and doors are left open.
8. Quiet Hours: Please adhere to the Maui Sands quiet hours of 10p.m. to 8a.m. We respectfully ask that you refrain from conversing or making noise of any sort on the walkways or near the building after 10pm or before 8am.
9. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
10. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
11. Pets are not allowed.
12. Parking is limited to one vehicle. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
13. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair, maintenance, and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. Wherever possible we will advise you ahead of time regarding needed access to the unit. To keep the property in top condition for you we have the units and the grounds treated with pest control on a regular basis. This treatment is a part of our regular maintenance.
14. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
Please note these rules are in part a reflection of the Home Owner Association House Rules and violations could result in fines to the owners that could be passed on to the guest.
My husband and I have lived on Maui for 24 years, and we love it here!
I am the Island Agent for the owner of the property, and am so happy to help you put together the perfect accommodation space for you! I've been working to care for my clients homes for 5 years.
Hawaii is a wonderland from the music to the food and the beaches. There are so many things to discover and we are still having new adventures here!
I'm always a text or phone call away if you need me, but I know you come here for peace and relaxation, so we like to allow you the space to do that, and our goal is to set you up for satisfaction.