Gorgeous Florida lakefront setting, in the heart of Downtown Orlando's trendy and eclectic College Park neighborhood. Enjoy the serenity of waterfront living just a short walk or bike from Orlando's top dining and boutique shopping district.
The home features direct lakefront on Little Lake Fairview. The yard is gorgeous and house is located on a quiet dead-end street. Most of the rooms feature absolutely terrific backyard views out over the lake. Backyard orientation is facing due north so the sunrises and sunsets off of the private dock are absolutely stunning. Even though we're located just outside the Downtown area, the lake and surrounding properties are home to all sorts of wildlife including bald eagles, osprey, otters, fish and turtles.
Guests will have access to the entire house, property and dock. Two stand up paddleboards and a canoe with paddles and life vests are there for the guests' use.
We live nearby in the College Park community (and love it here!) and are happy to offer insight on some of our favorite hang out spots, restaurants, etc, but no one will be sharing the property with you during your stay. Part of what makes our lake house so unique is the sense of privacy and seclusion it offers, even though you are located within absolute convenience of everything the Downtown Orlando area has to offer.
This home was one of the original lakefront properties built on Little Lake Fairview back in the 1950's. When we first found this place, we fell in love with the lake setting, the gorgeous trees, and "country feel" but the house was in pretty much original condition when we took it over. We've updated it for modern family lifestyles but have left a lot of the "old house charm" intact. Smaller bathrooms, original windows, and light switches in some very unpredictable spots contribute to the lakehouse charm that we enjoy so much, and we hope that you will too. For folks who are into nature, the outdoors, cooking, running, fishing, canoeing, exploring, etc, we hope you'll love our lake house. The lake is a natural body of water and we swim in it all the time. The fishing is fantastic! The church across the street is a great neighbor, just be prepared for the church bells to start playing bright and early on Sunday mornings (7:15ish). Many of Orlando's top restaurants are a short bike or walk away heading south on Edgewater Drive. And try out the paddle boards and canoe. They are there for your enjoyment!
Guests will be asked to e-sign a document as follows at time of booking:
RENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. NO Early Check-ins or Check-outs.
2. Smoking is Not allowed inside of the house, garage, or on the porches. Any Guest that smokes inside of the property will be asked to leave immediately and all charges to restore the property back to its original condition will be charged to the Guest. Please be respectful of other Guests.
3. PETS – small pets (less than 15 lbs) considered on a case by case basis. Non-refundable pet fee of $250 . Contact Owner for details. Not applicable for Instant Booking (Sorry!)
4. MINIMUM AGE - We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit is required at time of booking the reservation. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent. Any additional fees owed by Guest per this agreement will be collected by credit card charge prior to, during or following Guests stay. Otherwise, deposit is fully refundable within (14) days of departure provided the following provisions are met.
•No damage is done to house, patio furnishings, property, or home's contents.
•Unit is left in broom swept condition.
•All trash and recyclables are placed in appropriate cans, & dishes are put away clean and dry.
•All food items removed from fridge and house. All personal items removed from house.
•No linens are lost or damaged. Bed linens should be stripped and placed on bed, ready for washing on departure day. On move-out day, Guest is allowed 1 bath towel per person, and only 1 set of sheets per bed. All other towels and bedding must be placed away clean and folded. Guest will be charged for cleaning of extra towels and bedding.
•All keys are returned to the lock box and unit is left locked.
•NO Early check-in or late check-out.
•The Guest is not evicted by the Owner (or representative of the Owner), or by local law enforcement.
•Guest is responsible for placing all trash and recycle bins at curbside on the days posted, and on departure day. Trash must not be left overflowing.
6. PAYMENT – Payment is due in full at time of booking.
•A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellations of stays less than 30 days. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur a penalty of $200 with all other rents and deposits refunded to Guest. Cancellations that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit 50% of the full advance payment and damage deposit. Changes that occur within 60 days of the arrival date that result in a shortened stay does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
•A 120 day notice is required for cancellation of stays longer than 29 days. Cancellations that are made more than 120 days prior to the arrival date will incur a penalty of $200 with all other rents and deposits refunded to Guest. Cancellations that are made within 120 days of the arrival date, forfeit 50% of the full advance payment and damage deposit. Changes that occur within 120 days of the arrival date that result in a shortened stay does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
•If unit becomes uninhabitable prior to Guests arrival or during stay, Owner will fully refund Guest for unused nights and cancel the agreement.
•Owner recommends Guest consider travel insurance to provide peace of mind and protection. Learn more at www.Vac(URL HIDDEN)
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guest will not assign this agreement or sublet any portion of the premises.
9. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Although there are some beach towels in the unit, you may need additional beach towels for personal use. We do not permit bath towels or bedroom linens to be taken from the units.
10. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Unless expressly agreed to otherwise, it is understood that the Guest who contacted Owner and is a signer to this rental agreement will be occupying the house. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of all rental payments and deposit, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
11. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
12. FIREPLACE - The fireplace DOES NOT OPERATE and is for decorative purposes only and is NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS.
13. SEPTIC SYSTEM - This house is on a septic system. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilets (no feminine products). Also, the kitchen sink DOES NOT have a disposal (food grinder) so food and grease can not be washed down the sink. Guests agree to keep strainers in kitchen sink drains at all times to prevent clogs of pipes and damage to septic system. Guest will be responsible for any expenses incurred if found to be caused by any of the above.
14. LAKEFRONT - All properties surrounding the Little Lake Fairview are privately owned. Guests are expected to be extremely sensitive to the care of this resource. Any Guests found to be mistreating this resource will be asked to vacate the property immediately.
•Fishing for largemouth bass is allowed and encouraged. State regulations allow the taking of no more than 5 fish per day, and immediately release any that are less than 14" in length. Owner requests that Guests adhere to the practice of catch and release of any fish caught in excess of 6 lbs as these fish are typically females and critical to maintaining healthy stocks of larger fish.
•A canoe, two paddleboards, paddles and lifejackets are provided for Guests use and enjoyment. Canoe is to be returned to the big pine tree by the lake and paddleboards should be returned to the racks in the garage after each use.
•Absolutely no chemicals, trash, cigarette butts or food should be disposed of, in or around the lake.
•No motorized watercraft allowed at property or on the lake by Guest.
15. PARKING - Parking is limited to 4 vehicles. Parking on the grass is prohibited and can lead to damage of drain field and septic. Parking on the road is not permitted.
16. HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY – No refunds will be given for voluntary evacuations. If a named storm prevents Guest's arrival, Guests will be provided a refund. If a named storm requires mandatory evacuation during their stay, Owner will pro-rate a refund based on remaining days, not including cleaning fees.
17. MAINTENANCE: In the event of equipment malfunction within the property, we will expedite repairs as quickly as possible. Any maintenance items should be reported to us as soon as possible and may require vendors to repair and/or replace equipment. Should a repairman make a call to the property and find the equipment is not in working order due to Guest misuse, oversight or neglect, the fee for the service will be charged to the Guest. No rent adjustments can be made for circumstances beyond our control or for malfunction or loss of use of equipment or amenities.
18. HOUSE PARTIES: House parties are not allowed in the rental property. Guests are not allowed to organize graduations, proms, gatherings, reunions, weddings, receptions or any other function similar in nature.
19. INDEMNITY: Guest indemnifies Owners from and against any and all liability, loss damage, and expense, including reasonable attorney fees and disbursements arising from injury to persons or damage to rental property; occasioned by any person residing in or renting Owner's property. Special risks may be involved when using property and Guest assumes all responsibility for himself/herself and their Guests and for the consequences of those at risk. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever and hold harmless the property Owner in the event that Owner cancels a Guest reservation. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever and hold harmless the property Owner for accidents and claims resulting from accidents and or injury arising from use of the rental property and any of its equipment, porches, decks, docks, waterfront, lake, stairs, parking area, etc.