Private guest house nestled in the Coronado Historic neighborhood, one of Phoenix's first suburbs. Convenient, on-street parking is just steps away, or skip the car rental and use our 3 bicycles to see the city. We offer 24 hour keyless entry into our secure, gated gardens and casita.
Downtown Phoenix is at 5 minute drive to all the fantastic amenities, including the Convention Center, Chase Field, Talking Stick Resort Arena etc.
Stay in a historic, 1940 guest casita tucked behind our modest home on a quiet street. The space is 350 sq. ft, features a queen sized memory foam bed and a twin sized memory foam hide-a-bed, comfortably sleeping 3 guests. Rental of our space includes 3 bicycles for you to leisurely explore or to use as primary transportation. We are super close to downtown so save yourself the rental car fees. Lyft and Uber drivers are 3-5 minutes away.
Both our home and the casita were beautifully remodeled in 2013 with Euro style and high end finishes by a local luxury builder. Frosted glass, finished concrete floors and an open concept floor plan make for a modern, comfortable place to work or play.
For your convenience, the casita features a kitchenette with a Keurig with K cups, a dorm style fridge and microwave set up and toaster oven. For stays of one week or less, we provide coffee, tea, juice and light breakfast snacks for a DIY continental breakfast. Our neighborhood "Sunshine Market" is a 5 minute walk and Safeway is about a half mile away for anything you might need.
Feel free to use the BBQ grill. We provide all the utensils and dishes you might need.
Coronado is an Arts District, so you will see murals everywhere! We commissioned Mesa artist Steve Caballero to spray paint a rendition of a Japanese garden including a curvy cartoon Geisha on the side of the guest house. Steve is known for his fat-bottomed girls and raw style so we gave him creative freedom to paint her anyway he wanted. Boom! "Blasia" emerged and now sits happily in her garden.
In the summer months, ask us about free passes to lounge around the roof-top deck pool at a nearby historic hotel.
Come and go as you please. We provide keyless entry so door code(s) will be provided upon confirmation of booking. You will have private access/entrance to the guest house, entering through the side gate into the zen inspired backyard. Either hubby James or I will be available via text or phone 24/7.
We are on the run most of the time so there's a chance you'll never see us. I love to garden and putt around in the backyard, so you might see me in the shared outdoor space. I respect people's privacy so I promise not to be in your hair, but I'm friendly and social and would be happy to shoot the breeze.
The casita is a completely open concept. Beautiful frosted glass and thick curtains separate the bathroom from the living area providing ample privacy. The outside gardens are part of the living space and with 300+ days of sunshine in Phoenix, being outside is why we live here.
Our dog Roco is part chihuahua, part wiener. He's SUPER friendly and loves to cuddle and hang out with everyone as he shares outdoor space with us. We have recently welcomed a new addition, a puppy named Milli. She's still learning her manners and is an avid toe licker and gentle finger nibbler when she's excited. We are diligent about picking up after them, but sometimes those little buttheads leave a bomb so beware.
Midtown Phoenix is chill and surprisingly quiet. It's easy to rest and relax here! We live in close proximity to a few hospitals, including the awesome Phoenix Children's Hospital, so there is the occasional low flying life flight helicopter.
During baseball season you might hear fireworks in the evening, after the game is over, coming from Chase Field (around 10 p.m. ish). They are visible from the front yard so we often take advantage of the show!
For longer stays, wash and fold laundry pick up and delivery is available. There is also a great, veteran-friendly dry cleaners 2 minutes away. Please let us know if you'll need these services during your stay. Schedule allowing, I will happily drop off and pick up for you.
1. No unauthorized or unregistered guests. Please check with us as we may make exceptions in some circumstances.
2. No pets.
3. No children.
4. No smoking inside, but outside is fine. The smoking area is at the rear of the yard by the brown adirondack chairs.
5. No illegal drug use or possession of any kind.
6. Please do not use wash cloths or towels to remove make up. Disposable make up remover towelettes are provided.
7. Please do not share your door code(s) with anyone during your stay.
8. Please keep casita securely locked during your stay. Use deadbolt lever only. Don't lock door handle.
9. Please watch noise levels. Quiet time after 10 p.m.
10. Have fun!!!
1. If during your stay you have damaged anything please inform me as soon as incidence occurs. Finding out on my own is neither fun nor fair.
2. Take only what you need during your stay and leave the rest for the next guest.
3. Please turn air conditioning temperature to 80 degrees before checking out. If using the heat, please turn the unit OFF.
4. Please leave the casita as you arrived. No need to make your bed.
5. Don't forget your belongings at checkout. Shipping is pricey so avoid the charges.
6. Leave any dirty dishes. Yes, dirty. I will wash them :)