Dear guest, welcome to Zuger Retreat! We invite you for a memorable and pleasurable stay! Zuger Retreat is a destination where you will immerse yourself in the beauty, peace, purity and great energy of this sanctuary near Lake Gregory. Rise above the hustle and bustle of the daily life by taking 65 steps to a cozy retreat on a hill. Discover the warm and cozy atmosphere of this home where you can relax, recharge and spend a wonderful time with your friends, loved ones or even just yourself.
Feel the harmony of this beautiful place surrounded by stunning trees and gorgeous mountain views, saturated with fresh air and fragrance of the forest. Experience the privacy and serenity of this home while staying in the center of it all and enjoying the wonderful attractions that Lake Gregory has to offer.
Zuger Retreat is located a 3 minute drive from Lake Gregory where you can enjoy swimming, boating, recreation and fishing. A short distance away is a recreational camping, hiking and sports area of Thousand Pines Ponderosa Camp.
Also nearby you will find Goodwin’s supermarket, local restaurants (which include Chinese, Italian, Mexican, Mixed American and other cuisines), antique stores, arts and crafts markets, small shops and cafes. A local library is found next to Lake Gregory.
We are also only 15-20 minute drive from Lake Arrowhead, etc.
Our retreat is open year round. Lake Gregory offers its visitors four seasons and each season offers its unique character and opportunities for recreation. Summer is an excellent time for swimming, fishing and other activities on the lake while enjoying fresh fruit and local ice cream; fall and spring can be a great time for hiking, boating and bowling; winter offers ample opportunities for skiing and staying by the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate. There is always something to do at Lake Gregory! And, during any season our retreat keeps its doors open as a destination to cozy up next to a fireplace, find a relaxing respite, take in the views and spend time in contemplation, reading and dreaming...
The retreat features:
- Spacious living room with a fireplace
- Large kitchen
- Two bedrooms
- Full bathroom with a shower
- Wood laminate flooring throughout
- Private deck with views of the forest, mountains and amazing starlit night sky
- Beautiful yard/garden with cedar, pine and fruit trees
- Four car street parking
- Wood burning fireplace
- Eco logs (for additional fee)
- Gas heating
- Ceiling fan
- Flat screen TV
- Dining area
- Folding table for dining on the deck
- Full size refrigerator
- Kitchen stove
- Tableware and utensils
- Plenty of closet space
- Queen size beds in both bedrooms
- Additional mattress and bedding available upon request
In order to uphold the character of the retreat there is no internet. However, telephone connection is available and you will be able to connect your 3G/4G/LTE internet eligible device without a problem if necessary.
Via phone, text message and email.
To maintain the spirit, safety and cleanliness of the retreat, the following rules apply to all guests (no exceptions):
1) No smoking on the premises (indoor and outdoors).
2) No parties or events.
3) No open fires such as BBQ (Mountain area is at high risk for wildfires throughout the year).
4) No loud noise.
5) No heavy alcohol drinks (wine and beer in modest amounts allowed).
6) No cooking of red meat, heavy frying, baking in the stove.
7) Fireplace may be used only by those who know how to safely handle the fire and use the fireplace. Use eco logs only (available for an extra fee).
8) Turn off lights and appliances when leaving the retreat.
9) Keep heating at minimum and turn off ceiling fan when away from the retreat (for safety reasons).
10) Always lock the front door when leaving the house (Lake Gregory is a very safe place to stay but it’s always best to do our part to keep things safe and secure).
11) Wear indoor shoes or socks inside the house.
12) Wash all tableware and utensils prior to check out.
13) All trash needs to be taken out to a designated trash area upon check out.
14) Premises are expected to be left in the same condition as entered.
15) Have a great time!
- No pets (although we love them)
- Adults Only (children 16 years old and above permitted with a supervising adult(s))
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.