Nestled between Malibu and Santa Barbara, this newly renovated home has 3 bedrooms/2 baths with multiple outdoor spaces, numerous amenities, and unobstructed views of the Ocean and Channel Islands. Selected as one of the Venue Report's 100 Hottest New Hotel & Venues of 2016!
The Beach Lodge has a 2 car garage with laundry facilities at street level. The sleeping quarters on the second level consist of 3 bedrooms that sleep six and 1 bathroom with a soaking tub. Two of the bedrooms have peek-a-boo views of the ocean and access to their own private balcony. The third level living quarters features a light-filled open floor plan made up of the kitchen, dining room, living room and second bathroom. The living room sofa has a queen size pull out bed that provides additional sleeping for up to 2 people. A large balcony in the back provides outdoor space for relaxing, while the balcony in the front provides an unobstructed view of the ocean that will leave you speechless. The beach-facing balcony has a built-in table that offers a place for you to enjoy a meal or have your morning coffee, or just relax and get some sun, while taking in the scenic view. The kitchen is equipped with stainless steel appliances, and all necessary dinnerware, silverware, stemware, and cookware are provided. The backyard provides an additional gathering space, with an outdoor living room to lounge in, a grill for some BBQing, a picnic table to dine on, and a sand area to hang out around and unwind. If you just want to chill out on the couch or in bed, the Beach Lodge has 3 TVs with AppleTV and 1 smart TV, as well as internet connection with WiFi access. We also have some classic board games in case you need a break from electronics. And if you just want to engross yourself in a book, then we have some of those as well. Ocean breezes usually provide constant coolness to the house, but if not, each of the rooms has it's own remote-controlled fan, and the upstairs living area has 2 of its own ceiling fans.
The entire property is available to you. Only 2 spots are off limits... (1) the storage space in the backyard, beneath the entryway and (2) the staircase in the garage.
Have any questions, concerns or requests? I am available via text, phone, or email with a response within the hour.
The Beach Lodge occupies one of the best in-board locations on Ocean Drive, with direct access to a very private beach just a few steps away. Sink your toes in the sand and relax, using the beach chairs, umbrella, sunbathing mats, cooler, and sandcastle kit that we provide. Feeling a little more energetic? Then our paddle balls, boogie boards, or volleyball can help with that. If you want to explore the neighborhood and don't feel like walking, we've got four bikes at your disposal.
• Check-in is anytime after 3 pm. No early check-ins PLEASE, unless otherwise approved.
• Check-out is promptly by 11 am, unless previously approved. We often have back-to-back bookings, so any check-outs later than stated will attain a late fee, to be taken out of your security deposit.
• No extra guests unless prior approval is given
• No large parties, special events, photo shoots, or filming without approval. If you are interested in photo shoots, please contact us for special pricing.
• No smoking within the property; that includes inside and all outdoor spaces. Smoke travels quite easily, and some of our neighbors are extra sensitive.
• Out of respect to our neighbors, please keep the noise level to a minimum during late hours.
• When coming in from the beach, please use the water hose next to the garage to remove all sand, before entering the house.
• Do not sit on the indoor furnishings in wet swimwear.
• Do not put wet towels on the furniture or on the wood floor.
• Do not use the white towels for the beach or to remove makeup (there is a black face towel in the bathroom vanity for this purpose).
• After using the provided beach equipment (boogie boards, chairs, etc.), please rinse/dust off all items before returning to the garage.
• Report any lost/broken items so that we may have a chance to remedy the situation for our next guests. Failure to do so will automatically result in a damage fee.
Other than that, enjoy the house and all that Hollywood Beach has to offer! We've put a lot of time and effort into making the Beach Lodge a relaxing and memorable destination. We ask that you be respectful of all the furniture and accessories that we lovingly chose; each piece is truly special to us, and is key to making the Beach Lodge the unique home that it is.
NOTE: Although the cleaning fee does pay for the house to be professionally cleaned, we do ask that the following are taken care of prior to departure:
•wash all the dinnerware/silverware/cookware used and either left to dry on the drying rack or in the dishwasher.
•clear the refrigerator of any personal food items. Throw out all trash in proper bins in the garage. If Monday falls within your stay, please roll trash bins out to the curb for the morning pick-up.
•strip down all the beds, and dirty linens and towels are put in the laundry baskets. Please DO NOT put any USED items back in the linen closet, even if you’ve only used it once. Only UNUSED items should be left in the linen closet.
• All beach items (sandcastle toys, cooler, etc.) are rinsed off, free of sand.
•put everything back in the general location that you found it on arrival.
If any of the above are left undone, then an additional cleaning fee will be taken out of your security deposit.
Thank you so much. We hope you enjoy your stay.
I make travel plans that revolve around food. I can spend hours on Pinterest and Instagram, and love browsing through antique stores and flea markets. I am a total hoarder of beautiful things, and some say a pretty creative person, with a great eye. I am a total people pleaser, so a memorable stay at our home is top priority...repeat visits my reward.