We welcome new airbnb guests, though instant booking is available only for guests with airbnb reviews and history. Please make introductory inquiry. 1 bed Private room semi-private bath OR expandable UPON ARRANGEMENT & availability, to a 2 bed 2 room suite with private bath, for up to 3 people, in a workplace studio at DragonflyHill Urban Farm w access to the DragonflyHill Urban Farm Museum House and beautiful gardens of this dynamic urban community.
Please read the entire listing description. The two bed/two room option is reserved, for an additional fee per night, upon availability. Otherwise, this is a one room/1 bed listing with a shared bathroom.
The Frida Room consists of the Frida Room, which contains a full bed. with access to the Phoenix room and the bathroom/darkroom. This is a 24 hour workspace private room with semi private bath, for 2 people,
Or expand to the 2 room suite-- Phoenix Room and private bath -- The price for the second room is 50$ per night, with or without a third person. A twin bed can be added to the Phoenix Room. The Frida Room or Suite also has access to the kitchen, dining room, living room and gardens of DragonflyHill Urban Farm and Museum House. In the Phoenix room there is a refrigerator with filtered water and ice dispenser, with ample shelf space reserved for Frida Room guests. A coffee maker, tea kettle and microwave can also be provided upon request. The Frida Room is equipped with either a full sized bed or a futon that fold out into a bed.
An extra twin bed can be set up in the Phoenix Room with prior arrangements, for a 3rd guest, subject to availability.
The suite also has a TV with netflix/roku, desk space, air conditioning and heating, free wifi and parking subject to availability as well as our renowned community brunch/ late breakfast.
The Frida Room is fully wheelchair accessible and ready for business travelers. Guests with DISabilities are encouraged to discuss their particular needs with us to assure full accommodations,comfort and safety.
You will have exclusive use to either the Frida Room plus the semi-private bathroom, or the Frida Suite (Frida Room, Phoenix Room, Bathroom), as well as to the main house, The DragonflyHill Museum House, including the downstairs and upstairs bath, kitchen, dining room and living room, front porch, the gardens and gazebo. You can also use the Gallery Barn by arrangement for an additional fee. We include wifi, brunch/ late breakfast, off street parking and hotel tax in the price of the reservation. Our driveway is narrow and some cars may not have under carriage clearance. It is a shared driveway with out next door neighbors.
Two members of the Dragonfly Team, live in the Museum House which also has 2 additional suites. The rest of the team are community members. All Team members work at DragonflyHill Urban Farm in different capacities, in cooperation and collaboration with each other. There are also community events at the farm, including urban farming and daily community brunch/ late breakfasts. We love to hear about your travels and work and share our knowledge of our community and Los Angeles with our guests. Guest are invited to share our community breakfast, which is served daily in the DragonflyHill Museum House (the main house).
We offer one breakfast/ brunch seating. This later breakfast allows us to check in guests late at night and still get up to make breakfast the next day. For guests who are going sight seeing, breakfast ends about the same time L.A.'s worst traffic also begins to thin out, allowing shorter travel times to destinations. Guests who need to eat earlier or later may help themselves to cereal, milk, tea and coffee, or may use the kitchen when it is not otherwise in use to prepare meals.
We can provide rides around town, laundry service and space for events and entertaining for a small fee.
We speak : English, Spanish, Garifuna, Belizian Creole. We can communicate somewhat in French, Italian and Portuguese.
While we are children friendly, we cannot provide free accommodations for children OF ANY AGE. We welcome your children into our home but all fees and total number of guest limits apply. We love and welcome children but at the prices we are offering, we cannot afford to have extra people of any age here, without compensation for our labor and resources.
We are available for check in at any time after 4 PM of the day of your reservation. Our earliest guaranteed check in is 4 PM though we may be able to make your room available a littler earlier. Guest check out time is 11am and we need a few hours to clean and prepare your room, so If you need a much earlier check in, you need to reserve the night before.
Please be exceedingly respectful of the quoted price of our lodging, and the thought and labor we bring to this space and its value to us and our community.
We doubt you'll find anything similar for what we are charging.
Smoking is allowed outside on either the covered front or side porches. We have found these to be locations where the smoke doesn't blow back into the home.
Please join us for breakfast. Guests have access to the kitchen when it is not in use. Use any of the kitchen supplies, not including food (except ice tea). Use assigned refrigerator space only. Rinse off dishes and place in sink. Parking, wifi, breakfast and City of Los Angeles TOT included in rate quoted.
There are additional guidelines for events and nonresidential uses of the space. This listing is for the private use of guests and is not a contract for rehearsal or production space or meeting space usage. If you are interested in using this space for anything other than the personal retreat of the people contained in the reservation (limit 3), please contact us outside of AIRBNB. You can find us through a simple internet search by looking for DragonflyHill Urban Farm. We do all residential bookings through AIRBNB.
Rooms are deep cleaned between guest reservations and is included in the cleaning fee. As in most BNBS there is no daily room cleaning service. Guests staying more than 7 days can arrange for a mid trip room cleaning at a rate of 60$ payable to the host. Rooms are cleaned at least every 2 weeks for guests staying over 14 days who will be charged for a room cleaning at 2 week intervals.
Guests need to fill out a standard registration form for their group, and provide a photo ID for all adult guests upon arrival.
There are no animals in the Studio where the Frida Suite is. Monkey, a tortie cat, lives in the Museum House but is not allowed in guest rooms or the Studio.
We can provide beach towels and a beach blanket for use outside of our home.
DragonflyHIll Urban Farm:
Respect the Space:
Special note: While we are children friendly, we cannot provide free accommodations for children OF ANY AGE. We welcome your children into our home but all fees and total number of guest limits apply. We love and welcome children but at the prices we are offering, we cannot afford to have extra people of any age here, without compensation for our labor and resources. Thank you for your understanding. Special events and parties must be approved by the host and will most likely incur a separate fee. Smoking tobacco is allowed on the front and side porch/patios.
1. We value deeply the diversity, labor, skill and craft of everyone who participates, works and lives at and around DragonflyHill Urban Farm. We therefore insist that people are especially vigilant to avoid speech and actions that are hurtful, marginalizing and offensive. We are ethnically and culturally diverse, anti-racist, anti-sexist, child friendly, wheelchair accessible and dis-ability and LGBTQIA affirmative. We strongly abide by these values and hope you'll join us.
2. We are part of a larger community that is also economically, ethnically and culturally diverse. We deeply value our relationships with our neighbors. If guests have a problem with something or someone in the neighborhood, please contact your DragonflyHill Team and let us do what we can to resolve it. We highly discourage notifying the police, especially given the particular history of the police in this area and their relationship to the community.
3. Absolutely NO contraband: No porn, drugs or weapons. No guns. No exceptions! This is not a moral judgement, but rather a security consideration and lifestyle choice for the space, and of course, no illegal criminal activity. This includes medical marijuana, as long as it remains federally criminalized. When the federal restrictions are lifted we will of course honor medical uses of this medication.
4. This is a safe and sober space. No alcohol without special arrangements and consideration.
5. Please use scent free personal products. We provide scent free bath products for our guests. We cannot guarantee a scent free space but we do encourage people to understand that their choice of fragrances can impact the human rights and access of others. No aerosols or essential oils!
6. No law enforcement, governmental security agents or military personnel etc. allowed. If you have a warrant we of course will not obstruct you in your court mandated work, but we do not give consent.
7. Keys and key codes to DragonflyHill Urban Farm are not to be shared with anyone. Codes are changed regularly.
8. Do not remove bedding, towels, equipment, bath products, books, kitchen utensils, plates, containers or other items provided by DragonflyHill from the premises.
9 No pets, except our cat. Of course, this does not apply to service animals who are always welcome.
10. Registered guests only. Fees apply for additional guests unless specific arrangements have been made. If seeing clients is an aspect of the work you do, this would be an amenity separate from the AIRBNB reservation. Guests agree to fill out a standard registration form for their group, and provide a photo ID for all adult guests upon arrival. While we are children friendly, we cannot provide free accommodations for children OF ANY AGE. We welcome your children into our home but all fees and total number of guest limits apply. We love and welcome children but at the prices we are offering, we cannot afford to have extra people of any age here, without compensation for our labor and resources.
There are additional guidelines for events and nonresidential uses of the space. This listing is for the private use of guests and is not a contract for rehearsal or production space or meeting space usage.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 229 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
The Dragonfly Team consists of Andy, Carlos, Emma, Glenda and Xeres (not pictured). We are a team of neighbors and community members who came together to create this wonderful space.
DragonflyHill Urban Farm & Museum House is an dynamic community of urban farmers, activists, artists and craftspeople, focusing on the cultivation of sustainable community connections and mutual support and aid. The Farm specializes in fruits, herbs and edible flowers and also has a small plot of seasonal vegetables. We love welcoming new people into our home.
The Museum House, a 1914 restored craftsman house has period features and reflects research, artistry and craftwork.
DragonflyHill is a great place to relax and get away, or a wonderful home to collapse in, after a long day of sight seeing. The farm also features a gazebo and the studio for short term residencies, meetings, performances and other gatherings.