Stay in our Lotus Room Retreat in a large 1914 Craftsman house at DragonflyHill Urban Farm w lush gardens & dynamic community of artists, activists & craftspeople. Free parking, wifi & community brunch/ late breakfast, 1.5 miles to DTLA.
We welcome new airbnb guests, but understand this is not a hotel. You will be guests in our home. Please make introductory inquiry & communicate with us through the airbnb platform.
Free parking, wifi & community brunch/late breakfast, 1.5 miles to DTLA.
Lotus Retreat is a one room accommodation, upstairs. The room offers luxury bedding, beautiful stained glass windows, desk space, solitude .This listing is not wheelchair accessible, but the first floor of the house and the Studios are, This listing is not wheelchair accessible, and we do offer our guests options in our other listings: https://www.airbnb.com/users/18967912/listings . Guests with DISabilities are encouraged to discuss their particular needs with us to assure full accommodations, comfort and safety.
The Lotus Retreat was added to our menu of listings in April of 2016 and is half of the Lotus Suite, offering one room accommodations at affordable prices to 1 or 2 travelers, looking for comfort and elegance.
For groups of 3 or more, or for pairs of travelers who wish to have their own room or bed, please reserve the Lotus Suite https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7562013
You will have exclusive access to your room, as well as shared access to: the bath upstairs, the downstairs bath, the kitchen, dining room, living room, front porch, the gardens and the gazebo. You can also use the Studios and the Gallery Barn by arrangement for an additional fee. We also provide parking upon availability. Our driveway is narrow and some cars may not have under carriage clearance. It is a shared driveway with out next door neighbors.
Two members of the Dragonfly Team, live on the premises. The rest of the team are community members. All Team members work at DragonflyHill Urban Farm in different capacities, in cooperation and collaboration with each other. There are also community events at the farm, including urban farming and daily community brunch/ late breakfasts. We love to hear about your travels and share our knowledge of our community and Los Angeles with our guests.
Guest are invited to join us at our community brunch/ late breakfast, which is served daily in the DragonflyHill Museum House (the main house). We offer one seating. This later brunch/late breakfast allows you to get to know the Dragonfly Team, other guests as well as neighbors and community members. The late breakfast allows us to check in guests late at night and still get up to make breakfast the next day. For guests who are going sight seeing, breakfast ends about the same time L.A.'s worst traffic also begins to thin out, allowing shorter travel times to destinations. Guests who need to eat earlier or later may help themselves to cereal, milk, tea and coffee, or may use the kitchen when it is not otherwise in use to prepare meals.
We can provide rides around town, laundry service and space for events and entertaining for a small fee.
We welcome you to participate in events here, retreat to your own private suite or tour the greater L.A. area.
We speak : English, Spanish, Garifuna, Belizian Creole. We can communicate somewhat in French, Italian and Portuguese.
While we are children friendly, we cannot provide free accommodations for children OF ANY AGE. We welcome your children into our home but all fees and total number of guest limits apply. We love and welcome children but at the prices we are offering, we cannot afford to have extra people of any age here, without compensation for our labor and resources. We are available for check in at any time after 4 PM on the day of your reservation. Our earliest guaranteed check in is 4 PM though we may be able to make your room available a littler earlier. Guest check out time is 11am and we need a few hours to clean and prepare your room, so If you need a much earlier check in, you need to reserve the night before. Please be exceedingly respectful of the quoted price of our lodging, and the thought and labor we bring to this space and its value to us and our community. We doubt you'll find anything similar for what we are charging. Smoking is not allowed inside the house and only in designated outside areas: on either the covered front or side porches. We have found these to be locations where the smoke doesn't blow back into the home. Please join us for brunch/ late breakfast and tea. Guests are welcome to use the kitchen most of the time. Use any of the kitchen supplies, not including food (except tea and coffee). Use assigned refrigerator space only. Rinse off dishes and place in sink. City of Los Angeles TOT as well as parking, breakfast and wifi are included in rate quoted. Rooms are deep cleaned between guest reservations and is included in the cleaning fee. As in most BNBS there is no daily room cleaning service. Guests staying more than 7 days can arrange for a mid trip room cleaning for an additional fee. Rooms are cleaned at least every 2 weeks for guests staying over 14 days who will be charged for a room cleaning at 2 week intervals. Guests need to fill out a standard registration form for their group, and provide a photo ID for all adult guests upon arrival. Guests staying more than 28 days should communicate with host before booking and agree to sign a standard lease, background check and additional security deposit.
DragonflyHIll Urban Farm:
Guidelines for Overnight Guests:
DragonflyHIll Urban Farm:
Respect the Space:
Your suite is one of four active listings at DragonflyHill Urban Farm. You are welcome to participate in any activities or keep to yourself.
1. Guests affirm that they have read the rules and our listing carefully and understand all of the accommodations described in the listing. Guests reserving a stay here agree to communicate with the host via airbnb's platform prior to arrival and to check airbnb messages, especially immediately after making a reservation and again in the days leading up to your trip. Communication is essential for us to be able to provide you with comfortable and elegant accommodations.
2. While we are children friendly, we cannot provide free accommodations for children OF ANY AGE. We welcome your children into our home but all fees and total number of guest limits apply. Thank you for your understanding.
3. We value deeply the diversity, labor, skill and craft of everyone who participates, works and lives at and around DragonflyHill Urban Farm. We therefore insist that people are especially vigilant to avoid speech and actions that are hurtful, marginalizing and offensive. We are ethnically and culturally diverse, anti-racist, anti-sexist, child friendly, wheelchair accessible and dis-ability and LGBTQIA affirmative. We strongly abide by these values and hope you'll join us.
4. We are part of a larger community that is also economically, ethnically and culturally diverse. We deeply value our relationships with our neighbors. If guests have a problem with something or someone in the neighborhood, please contact your DragonflyHill Team and let us do what we can to resolve it. We highly discourage notifying the police except in emergencies, especially given the particular history of the police in this area and their relationship to the community.
5. Absolutely NO contraband: No porn, drugs or weapons. No guns. No exceptions! This is not a moral judgement, but rather a security consideration and lifestyle choice for the space, and of course, no illegal criminal activity. This includes medical marijuana, as long as it remains federally criminalized. When the federal restrictions are lifted we will of course honor medical uses of this medication.
6. This is a safe and sober space. No alcohol without special arrangements and consideration.
7. Please use scent free personal products. We provide scent free bath products for our guests. We cannot guarantee a scent free space but we do encourage people to understand that their choice of fragrances can impact the human rights and access of others. No aerosols or essential oils!
8. No law enforcement, governmental security agents or military personnel etc. allowed. If you have a warrant we of course will not obstruct you in your court mandated work, but we do not give consent.
9. Keys and key codes to DragonflyHill Urban Farm are not to be shared with anyone. Codes are changed regularly.
10. Do not remove bedding, towels, equipment, bath products, books, kitchen utensils, plates, containers or other items provided by DragonflyHill from the premises.
11 No pets, except our cat. Of course, this does not apply to service animals who are always welcome.
12. Registered guests only. Overnight fees apply for additional guests. An overnight guest is anyone on the premises between 10:30 PM and 8:30AM, unless specific arrangements have been made. Additionally, frequent non-registered visitors to guest suites is discouraged. Guests agree to fill out a standard registration form for their group, and provide a photo ID for all adult guests upon arrival.
13. Special events and parties must be approved by the host and will most likely incur a separate fee. Smoking tobacco is allowed on the front and side porch/patios.
14. Guests staying more than 28 days should communicate with host before booking and will be agreeing to a standard lease, background check and additional security deposit.
There are additional guidelines for events and nonresidential uses of the space. This listing is for the private use of guests and is not a contract for rehearsal or production space or meeting space usage.
DragonflyHill Urban Farm provides 3-4 active listings. Additional listings are combinations of our basic 3 listings. All listings are at the same location, our home: DragonflyHill Urban Farm.
The Dragonfly Team consists of Andy, Carlos, Emma, Glenda and Xeres (not pictured). We are a team of neighbors and community members who came together to create this wonderful space. Two of us live at DragonflyHill Urban Farm and will be living here during your stay with us.
DragonflyHill Urban Farm & Museum House is an dynamic community of urban farmers, activists, artists and craftspeople, focusing on the cultivation of sustainable community connections and mutual support and aid. The Farm specializes in fruits, herbs and edible flowers and also has a small plot of seasonal vegetables. We love welcoming new people into our home.
The Museum House, a 1914 restored craftsman house has period features and reflects research, artistry and craftwork.
DragonflyHill is a great place to relax and get away, or a wonderful home to collapse in, after a long day of sight seeing. The farm also features a gazebo and the studio for short term residencies, meetings, performances and other gatherings.