This grand colonial home is situated only a few steps from parque santiago. Stepping past the restored colonial facade, you will be welcomed into this 100+ year old home by original pasta tile floors, high beamed ceilings and a wonderful living space
Literally only a few steps from Parque Santiago, this grand colonial home, designed by renowned Architect Salvador Reyes, is situated in one of the best locations of historic Merida. Walk to the neighboring mercado for fresh vegetables and other necessities, or stroll to the zoo, theater, or main square. With self-sustaining ecosystems (complete with fish, turtles, and crayfish) in two of the courtyards, this remarkable home is the ideal retreat in the heart of Centro.
Stepping past the restored colonial facade, you will be welcomed into this 100+ year old home by original pasta tile floors, high beamed ceilings, antique wood doors, skylights, and large open spaces. The 3 bedroom home has a foyer, two living rooms, dining room, office, fully-equipped kitchen, 3 courtyards, large infinity edged pool, ample terraces, and a rooftop entertaining/relaxing area with a covered mirador tower for viewing the city. All of the bedrooms feature ensuite bathrooms with a stone tub found in the Master bathroom.
The 8 meter long infinity pool has lounging areas both in and out of the pool, along with an outdoor shower coming out of the stone wall. There is also a full bathroom servicing this area which is located in the rear guest casita. Everything was thought of when designing this spectacular home. The street side of the home has double paned glass for quiet living. The whole house has a pressurized water system which is complemented by both softening and U.V. sterilization systems, as well as 8 mini split air conditioners, wireless internet and music, and a video intercom system. There is even a backup generator; just in case.
If you are looking for that special place for your vacation, this is one home which you and your guests are sure to always remember fondly.
Our property managers Debora and David will meet you at the house to welcome you to our home.
Your stay at Mil Amores will be managed by Debora and David who are hands on and take care of this home as they would their own. They will be at the home to welcome you and to get you orientated with the house and the neighbourhood. They are on call 24/7 and can help you with all your needs whilst staying in this home. They can arrange cooking services, done by one of our housekeeping staff, who make delicious food and much more.
View our reviews and our other homes that we take care of.
1. The home is available for check in after 3pm. Check out is before 11am. Depending on availability of the home, we are happy to accommodate an early check-in.
2. Monthly rate does not included electrical consumption.
3. Payment of this reservation is automatic acceptance of our standard rental contract. A copy of this will be forwarded to you on request.
4. Reservations during peak and holiday seasons require a one week minimum stay.
5. Complimentary maid service is included for reservations of more than 7 nights. Additional services are available upon request at an additional cost.
6. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the home. Evidence of smoke within the house will incur an additional fee of 100.00 USD.
7. Respect your neighbors' by keeping noise level to a minimum after 11:00 p.m.