This adorable 1920's 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath duplex is yours to enjoy. YES! You get the entire place; with all the amenities (driveway parking, full kitchen stocked with snacks, beverages, plates, pots, pans, coffee, microwave, full stove, fridge, ice, freezer, etc. I have done my best to provide you with a little slice of heaven that offers a respite from the complexities of the city. Although I am located just 1.5 miles from downtown, you'll feel as though you are relaxing in a quiet cabin.
This little slice of heaven will entice you to kick your feet up, pop open a cold microbrew, settle in & call it home. Take a fabulous location, with layers of awesome DIY projects (completed with local recycled products), an injection of boundless hospitality & infused with a dose of outst&ing local wine, microbrews, cheeses, breads, snacks & munchies & you’ll have our place.
Our goal is to provide you with an experience that makes you come back for more. Simply tell us what you need & we'll take care of the rest. If you want privacy, space, alone time - no problem! On the flip side, let us know if you want to experience the real Portland & discover the hidden gems (such as where to find local dinners made by Naomi Pomeroy, personal tours of the distilleries, wine tours at the best wineries, deals on the best vintage goods, views of the city that only locals know about, a bike to ride down Burnside with the Zoo Bombers, an appointment with the best tattoo artists, a trip to the Nike Employee Store or a night in the WWII submarine at OMSI) then we can make it happen. Bring your kids, your dogs, your friends, your extended family &/or your partner. We make sure that you leave with memories of the trip of a lifetime.
• A private driveway for your car
• A fully furnished living room (with an awesome fireplace & flat screen television).
• A complete dining room (plates, silverware & napkins included)
• A fully furnished kitchen with all the pots, pans, utensils, dishes, glasses, cups, toaster, etc.
• The basic food & beverages such as:
- Various local micro brews
- Some local wines
- Coffee, cream, sugar, tea, honey
- Snacks (which typically include some local cheeses, hummus, bread, olives, muffins, etc.)
• Washer and dryer
• Towels, wash cloths, shampoo, blow dryer and various toiletries.
• Air conditioning
• Porch with tons of fresh flowers
• Fresh flowers throughout the house
I provide information on public transportation, information about events taking place in the city and anything else you might need.
I can give you the space you desire or I can provide you with some companionship, contact with others in the city, suggestions on activities and things going on in Portland and surrounding area.
I try to manage the elusive balance between kindness, friendliness & availability with the obvious desire for privacy. The bottom line is that I will accommodate your needs while simultaneously offering a personal, unique & memorable experience.
Here are the basic rules.
1. Don't steal our belongings.
2. Don't let anyone inside the house you don't know.
3. Help yourself to toiletries in the medicine chest above the sink (not inside the cabinets)
4. Please don't snoop through drawers.
5. Don't have parties on the property.
6. Don't use illegal substances on the premises.
7. Be respectful of our belongings and property. Remember this is our home.
8. Don't leave a mess behind.
9. Give us advance notice if you need an early check-in/check-out time. We will do our best to accommodate you.
10. Keep the doors and windows locked.
11. Don't rearrange furniture or relocate our belongings without asking.
12. Let us know if you want a homemade breakfast cooked so we can plan ahead.
13. If you want an early check-in please be understanding that the property may not be ready as we only have a 3 hour turnaround time.
Greetings! My name is Ann & I appreciate the time you've taken to learn a bit about me. The first thing you should know about me is that I have traveled to over 50 countries in these 50+ years. During those adventures, I experienced kindness, generosity, warmth, acceptance, friendliness & compassion from people along the way. It was always those with the fewest material belongings that humbled me beyond words. Their willingness to open their homes, their hearts and their world to me; expecting nothing in return brought me to my knees. Their acts of kindness forever changed me; I therefore now try to replicate such warmth & kindness. I will always fall short of the wise & generous ones abroad, but I promise to do my best.
Although my home is humble, quirky & far from perfect; it is a home. I have tried to create a place where people feel comfortable to do whatever they want. You can build a fire in the fireplace, use the appliances, eat whatever is in the house, run naked all night, help paint some furniture that I am working on, etc.
The bottom line is that this is a home; my home and I am honored to have you as a guest. If you want someplace that resembles a hotel then I am probably not the airbnb host for you. However, if you are open to late night deliveries of Voodoo donuts, pizzas made to your specifications, a home made breakfast before your departure, then by all means, stay with me.
I like to meet my guests upon their arrival; being a bit old school, I think it only proper. I do it all and make no apologies for running a humble yet welcoming place for you to hang your hat. For example, I always help with your bags, give the requisite house tour, offer you a glass of wine or a microbrew, pick you up at the airport, make dinner reservations, set up scavenger hunts for kids, extend check out times, etc. You get the idea, right?
My next travel destination is probably Mozambique & Namibia. I do love sub saharan Africa & want to maximize my time with those beloved animals before they are extinct. After that, I'll probably head to Mongolia & eastern Russia.
Thanks for your time & interest. If you want to know more, send me a shout out.