Enjoy peace and quiet with family or friends. Close to F1 Track, Bastrop State Park, and 40 minutes to Austin. Breezeway separates main part of home from Studio apartment. ***Signed rental agreement is required after reservation is accepted***
Located in the Lost Pines area, private, good for families, 1 queen bed, 1 double bed, and 1 queen pull out couch, fully equipped, experience the real Texas. House can be rented without Studio if requested. $50 of the cleaning fee is refundable if guests clean the property, remove perishable food from the refrigerator, and put all trash bags in the bin outside. Sheets and towels will be washed by our property manager.
All General Areas
We have a maintenance man who lives down the road and can help.
There is an alarm system, but we can disable it before visitors arrive. Please expect some cleaning of dead bugs when you arrive. This is a part of being in a rustic setting. Also, the yard is a typical rural Texas yard, as it is full of sticker burrs.
It will be necessary for you to sign a rental agreement. After your booking is finalized, we will send you a pdf. You can either 1) print/sign/scan/email, or 2) We will send you an electronic document to sign. Please review the terms of the rental agreement below before you request a booking. By accepting these terms through Airbnb, you agree to sign the rental agreement with one of the above methods prior to the rental date.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
Beginning at 10 am mo/day/yr, Ending: 1 pm on mo/day/yr
Rental Amount: $X per weekday night, $X per weekend night
Add Cleaning Fee: $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) refundable when terms of House Rules Addendum are met
Security Deposit: $100.00 (managed by Airbnb)
Terms of the Agreement:
1. The Landlords have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the cleaning fee prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings. If the cost of the damage is not covered by the cleaning fee, the remainder of the cost will be requested through the Airbnb Resolution Center.
3. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins outside. The garbage is picked up early morning on Tuesday. When the Tenant occupies the property on a trash day, the Tenant will place the trash bins out in time for garbage pickup. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
4. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
5. No animals of any kind will be brought onto the premises without permission of the landlord and a signed pet addendum.
6. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
7. The Tenants shall have no more than 6 (six) persons reside or sleep on the premises.
8. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
9. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
10. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tennant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them.
11. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
12. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
13. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
14. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
15. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
16. Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
17. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
18. Tenant agrees not to access the attic, even if unlocked.
19. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
20. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it is prudent to do so.
21. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
22. A TV and DVD player are provided by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given if these items stop working.
23. Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 75 degrees, heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
House Rules Addendum
Cleaning Fee: To have $50 of the cleaning fee refunded, the following must be done:
•Perishable food must be removed from the fridge and other areas of the property.
•The house must be clean and swept.
•All trash must be placed in the bin outside.
•All evidence of dogs must be removed from the house and yard.
•Smoking inside will result in a loss of your cleaning fee and damage deposit. If you need to smoke, please do so outside and dispose of your butts in the butt container at the back of the property.
Lights and Thermostat: Please turn off all lights and adjust the thermostat to 78 before you leave the property. The lamp in the living room is on a timer. Please leave this light on.
Sheets and Towels: Please place all used sheets and towels on top of the washer.
Linen Locations: All sheets and towels will either be in the master bath closet, the master closet, the laundry closet or drier.
Fire Danger: Please check the burn bans before using the grill. It is your responsibility to follow the county recommendations.
Dogs: The cleaning fee will not be refunded if there is dog hair, poop, or damage from your dog.
Food: We advise against leaving food unsealed. Candy, specifically, will attract ants that can make your stay less pleasant. Opened containers of food should be kept in the fridge or freezer to avoid attracting bugs.
Dishwasher: The dishwasher can be finicky. If you use it, check to make sure it is still running after 10 minutes.
Wildlife: This is a rural property. Please be aware of wildlife hazards.
Loose dogs: Please be aware that neighbors have loose dogs. This is not a problem within the gate, but your dog should be leashed outside the gate to avoid trouble.
Pack and play: Stored in the master closet. If used, please put sheet on top of the washer.
THIS ADDENDUM is made on mo/day/yr, between Owner and Tenant jointly and severally, who have agreed to modify the Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Lease”) between Landlord and Tenant dated mo/day/yr as follows.
Total number of pets:____ Cats: ___Dogs: ____Other: ____
Pet Name(s) and Breed(s) _______
1. PERMISSION: Owner grants permission to Tenant to keep the Pet, and no others, on the Premises, subject to the terms and conditions of the Lease and this Addendum. Owner may revoke permission at any time if Tenant fails to comply with any of the terms of the Addendum or Lease.
2. CLEANING FEE: Tenant has deposited the Cleaning Fee for the faithful performance of all terms and conditions of the Lease and this Addendum, including, but not limited to, the return of the Premises in good and clean condition, free of pet damage and flea and other pest infestation, at the completion of the Term, The Cleaning Fee shall be paid up front with the rental fee and be subject to all of the other terms and conditions regarding the Cleaning Fee and Security Deposit. Tenant understands that Cleaning Fee will not be refunded if any evidence of the pet remains after the rental term, even if the Pet is subsequently removed from the Property.
3. PET CONTROL: Tenant shall keep the Pet in accordance will all applicable laws and ordinances, including licensing the Pet, keeping current all applicable shots, and leashing the Pet when outdoors. Tenant shall promptly remove and properly dispose of all pet waste. Tenant shall not permit the Pet to bark, howl, or otherwise emit noises in such a level, frequency, or time as to disturb others. Tenant shall not keep the Pet on the Premises if the Pet is or becomes vicious or threatening, bites or attacks any person or other pet, or otherwise is or becomes a nuisance. Tenant shall not leave the pet on the Premises unattended. Tenant shall provide proper care, food, and shelter for the Pet and not abuse the Pet in any way. No breeding of the Pet shall be permitted on the Property.
6. CONDITION OF PROPERTY: Tenant shall be responsible for all damage caused by the Pet to the Premises, including all repairs and replacements considered appropriate by Owner or Agent. Upon termination of the Lease or removal of the Pet from the Premises, whichever occurs first, Tenant shall have the Premises professionally exterminated and the carpets professionally cleaned and deodorized at Tenant’s cost through companies approved by Agent. Tenant shall provide Agent with copies of paid receipts for the extermination and cleaning. Tenant shall remain liable for dormant infestation and latent pet odor (including extermination costs and carpet replacement floor refinishing if necessary) for 30 days after the Pet is removed from the Premises and the required extermination and cleaning are complete, even if prior to that time the Security Deposit and Pet Deposit have been returned to Tenant.
8. REMOVAL OF PET: In an emergency, or if the Pet becomes vicious, appears severely ill, or otherwise behaves in a manner that Owner or Agent believes poses an immediate threat to the health and safety of the Pet or others, Owner and Agent may enter the Premises and remove, or cause to be removed, the Pet and take any other action which Owner or Agent considers appropriate, including placing the Pet in shelter or other similar facility. In such an event, Tenant shall be responsible for all costs incurred. Owner shall only act under this paragraph if Tenant has failed to take corrective action within a reasonable time after being requested to do so or if Tenant is not available.
Originally from Texas, now living in Chicago area. This is a special place for my family and I as we have spent many years visiting our Uncle in the Lost Pines.