Two blocks to beachcombing, clamming, crabbing, spectacular views and sunsets, a stormy beach walk, or a romantic beach fire. Then get cozy in this happy space and read, paint, write, and sleep the deep sleep of the sea. Full private kitchen and bath. (The pool is now open!)
Full private kitchen and bath with most amenities. Art supplies and books available for you to create your own masterpieces!
Two blocks to a private beach for beachcombing, clamming, crabbing, fishing, swimming in the huge community pool on the beach which is now open for the summer! Wonderful hiking trails. Tennis courts. Just a few miles to the darling shops and restaurants of Langley – our little village by the sea.
I am an artist, writer and editor and work from home upstairs. I'm always available by phone or text. I can't wait to meet you, but your privacy and rest and solitude are paramount to me. If you'd like to chat, just send me a text (since I work with headphones on and won't hear a knock or shout out), and come on up. But any interaction is completely up to you!
THINGS TO DO:
Welcome! I hope you love staying here as much as I love living here!
- Visit Langley, our little village by the sea, just ten miles away. Explore art galleries, specialty shops, coffee shops, bookstores, and wonderful restaurants.
- Hike the hiking trails on the more than 100 acres at the Whidbey Institute and places like the Hammond's Preserve just up the road or the Earth Sanctuary.
- Attend live theater at Whidbey Island Center for the Arts/WICA, Whidbey Children’s Theater, Outcast Productions at the Fairgrounds, or the Island Shakespeare Festival in the summer.
- See current movies at the funky Clyde movie theater. (You won’t believe their prices – like stepping back in time!)
- Enjoy the Whidbey Art Trail. Meet with artists working in their own studios.
- Go winetasting on the Whidbey Wine Trail.
- Create your own art with owner/artist’s art supplies and art books on drawing, watercolors, encaustics, colored pencils and acrylics.
- Swim in the large, lovely, private community pool on the beach in the summers. Play tennis on the community courts.
- Get cozy with a good book or just take a delicious nap in the hammock.
- There is a small TV with lots of movie DVDs and music CDs in the black holder on top of the TV. No cable TV. (You came here to get away from that, right? Besides most people have different types of gadgets for all that.)
- Shop at the four different open air markets Thursday-Sunday in the summer.
- Go on the Open Studio Tour and enjoy the old-fashioned Island County Fair in August.
- Attend the many festivals: Choochokam, Coupeville Arts Festival, Penn Cove Musselfest, Djangofest, Renaissance Faire, Highland Games, Tour de Whidbey Bike Race, Langley’s Mystery Weekend, Wag ‘n Walk, etc.
- To find out more about what’s happening on Whidbey Island, go to the Information Booth at Ken’s Korner just five miles up Cultus Bay Road, the Chamber of Commerce in Langley, or “What’s Happening on Whidbey” online. Or just ask anyone what’s going on during your stay. We’re pretty friendly here!
- If you really want to get plugged into island life, send an email to this email address and ask to be put on the list. Drewslist sends out emails a few times a week that deal with all kinds of events, housing, garage sales, dances, fundraisers, help wanted, etc. It's mostly for south Whidbey. You can opt out of the list any time. Here's the address: admin@drewslist-south (website hidden)
– Play golf at the fun and funky Island Greens par 3 golf course just up the road. Just $10 (put your money in the can) for nine holes, and they provide the clubs (in bags propped up against a tree!) A famous golf writer for 50 years said "every golf course should be like this!" - And he's been on every course in the world!
- Commune with the numerous deer, bunnies, herons and eagles.
- Go beachcombing, clamming, crabbing, fishing, swimming, hiking, bike riding, play tennis.
- Or just be - don't do. Leave the chaos behind. Find yourself again.
After you book, I'll send you the house guidelines, directions, restaurant recommendations, etc., and other helpful details.
- Rates are $85 a night. Special weekly rate is $550 for a seven day week. Two adults max.
- No smoking, pets, or children under 16. Smoking is OK in the yard away from open windows. Please put cigarette butts in your car ashtray.
- No incense, candles, perfumes, fragrances, etc. Please just enjoy our wonderful salt sea air!
- Check-in is anytime after 2 PM; checkout is 11 AM.
ABOUT YOUR HOSTESS:
I am a happy spirit on a creative rampage! After (too) many years teaching high school English, speech, drama and journalism, and 18 years in showbiz, I was able to retire to this Whidbey Island paradise to become an award-winning writer and artist. (To see my art, Search online: Susan Jensen-Whidbey Pastel Artist.) Now here I am in July 2015 opening my fabulous and fun AirBnB!
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I love living here!