Check out our cozy studio in the historic 100-year old Kensington neighborhood. This is a perfect spot for those looking for a simple, comfortable, and clean space in the center of San Diego! We're a 15 min drive from most tourist destinations like Balboa Park, the Zoo, downtown, La Jolla, etc. We'd love to host you!
The studio has a comfy living room area with a settee for two, an arm chair, a smart TV you can use to log into you Netflix or Hulu account, a full-size Murphy bed that comes out of the closet, and a little library for a book exchange for our guests. We offer Wifi and air conditioning too!
The studio also has a kitchen with a stove, a refrigerator and freezer, a table for two, a coffee maker and plenty of cabinet space.
Lastly, the studio has a spacious full bathroom. The entire apartment has high ceilings that make the space feel comfortable.
As our guest, you will have the entire studio to yourself!
We (Jarek and Heather) live less than half a mile away and will make ourselves available to answer questions and address concerns as much as practicable. We would love to meet our guests whenever possible. We have a small child and other responsibilities but we also view you and your stay as a priority.
We'll do our best to make sure you're comfortable and cared for while you're here!
There is street parking available around the studio. We've so far never had a problem finding a parking space on one of the surrounding streets within a block or two. Please carefully note all street signs as there is street sweeping on Meade Ave. on Mondays and Thursday!
As far as house rules go, we want our guests to have fun and take care of the apartment by keeping it clean. Here are the house rules that we'd ask that you follow:
1. Please do not check-in early or check-out late without permission! We ask that you check with us first and if we can accommodate it, we will happily do so. Check in is at 3:00p and check-out is at 11:00a.
2. Please keep the carpets clean! We encourage you to remove shoes inside and not drink red wine or eat over the carpets. If you do stain, please use the carpet cleaner below the sink.
3. Please do not engage in any illegal activities whatsoever! This includes but is not limited to underage drinking, drug use, illegal downloads, etc.
4. Please wash, dry, and return any cups, plates, utensils, or pots and pans you use!
5. Please clean any food that drips onto the oven, stovetop, or counters. You're welcome to use the oven's self-cleaning option if that's easier.
6. Please do not throw parties in our space and quiet hours are in force after 10:00p. The studio shares walls with others!
7. Please remove all sheets and put them on the floor + also place used towels on the bathroom floor when you check-out.
I'm a father of two and my wife Heather and I love our neighborhood and our city! I love our coffeehouses, great craft beer, delicious restaurants, and eclectic people!
Heather was a schoolteacher for several years before having our son and I worked in legal services until recently accepting the call into pastoral ministry at our local church.
We love people and helping create a great experience for our guests as they explore our wonderful city! We'd love to host you during your stay!