Beautiful, romantic and comfortable 110 square meter, 3 bedroom house/apartment in a mansion ('herenhuis' in dutch) near Utrecht city center/old town. Outstanding location: in what is generally seen as the best part of the city to live in (Utrecht 'old' East). Only 500 meters from the historic center with a shopping street for your grocery's and delicatessen shops around the corner (100 meters). Sunny terrace on the south-west.
- Guests can use my parking permit which saves 25 euro per day!
The mansion is from 1898 and still has all the original ornamentation, like leadlights and a 3.2 metre high ornamented ceiling. It is light thanks to windows on both sides and comfortable because of floor heating under the wooden floor. Sliding doors with art deco style leadlights divide the kitchen (28 m2 with a huge beechwood table) from the living room (26 m2).
- Two stand alone toilets (one on each floor) .
- Three bedrooms - the smallest room has a double guest bed. It is possible to lay one of the mattresses on the ground in the other bedroom.
- Beautiful old trees on the other side of the street in stead of neighbors provide privacy.
- Sunny terrace on the south-west.
- You can see the dom tower from the second floor.
- Free wifi.
- New bed linen and towels. Every guest receives two towels.
- Guests who come by car have no worries about parking: you may use my parking permit which saves 25 euro per day.
- In the garage under my house is the office of a real estate developer where two people do office work. There is no activity in the evenings and on weekends. Their separate entrance is the garage door.
There is one con: the wood around the sink in the bathroom has gone bad from the constant water and needs to be replaced. This doesn't look to good, but there's no moist smell or anything. Update: I repainted it, so it looks a lot better now.
In the past I have shared my house through Couchsurfing because I like interaction with tourists. I don't actively do that anymore, but I thought I'd rent my house while I am away. I have studied art history and am interested in nature. I am happy to give valuable tips to see or do in these fields and on nightlife too. Also I play tennis in the most beautifully located tennis club in the city where I could guide you if you are interested to play. It is in a nature area only 10-15 minutes cycling away. There are also possibilities to walk in the forest, swim in a small river on warm summer days and eat local grown, delicious and good quality food.
I would appreciate it if guests take off their shoes inside the house. If necessary I can provide hotel slippers.