Contemporary townhouse in a quiet neighbourhood within easy reach of central London (30 - 45 min commute) and with 24hr transport links.
You will sleep in a comfortable double bedroom and enjoy the benefits of your own private bathroom (shower).
You are very welcome to relax and watch TV in the shared living room and use the kitchen at your convenience.
Amenities include: free WiFi, washing machine and private car park.
Please note that there is a small indoor cat living at the property.
This house will comfortably suit a single person or a couple looking for a quiet stay near Central London (zone 2 - circa 30 min commute to London Bridge) with easy access to major transportation lines (24/7 buses/overground/train lines from & to London) .
The below facilities are available to the guests:
* double bedroom with ONE double bed and a large cupboard with drawers and hangers;
* en-suite (private) bathroom;
* shared kitchen with fridge and freezer storage, oven, hob and microwave;
* living room with TV and WiFi;
* laundry room with washing machine.
I live at the property with my partner Hai and although I tend to be busy during the week, I am usually around most of the evenings. I will try my best to make you feel welcome and answer any questions you may have about London and places to go and visit so feel free to pop upstairs and grab me whenever you want to have a chat!
Please note that I work during the week and would rather do the check-in from 6.30pm onwards if your arrival is planned on a weekday.
Alternatively I can meet you in Canary Wharf and hand you the keys/directions.
Check-ins late at night are usually not an issue but please let me know in advance.
Below are details of the items you can expect in the house:
* one double bed;
* duvet with sheets and bedding covers;
* soap, body wash and conditioner;
* bath and hand towels;
* iron and ironing board;
* hair dryer;
* clothes airer (please note that there is no tumble dryer);
* clothes hangers;
* toilet paper;
* bin liner;
* UK/EU/US adapters;
* washing machine.
Please note that breakfast is not included, however you are free to cook your own meals and use the fridge/freezer/hob in the kitchen.
There are two people living permanently at the property.
I'm pretty laid back and easy going, however I would ask the guests to please observe the following:
- Shut (slam) the front door properly when leaving the house and make sure the door is properly closed and locked;
- Close the windows in your bedroom when you leave the house;
- Keep your room and common areas tidy and clean;
- No hot meal is allowed inside the bedroom - Please use the kitchen counter or dining table in the living room;
- Switch off all appliances and lights and turn the thermostat down when not in use;
- Keep the noise down after 10pm;
- Visitors are normally not allowed unless I give prior permission;
- Smoking is strictly not permitted anywhere inside the house - however you are free to smoke under the porch near the entrance;
- Please empty the fridge before the check-out.
I'd be grateful if you would please keep me updated on your arrival time so that I can welcome you in person and hand you the keys.
I'm a Belgian guy - French speaker - and landed in London about 10 years ago, looking for a career start in Recruitment. What was meant to be a short-term internship developed into something more permanent and there you go: a decade later and I'm still very much loving it here!
What I enjoy the most is the variety of things you can do: whether it's going for a stroll along the Thames in Southbank, a night out in vibrant Shoreditch, going for a show in the West End, enjoying food at Borough Market or just going for a casual Sunday roast (yes, food again!) at the local pub, there are plenty of things to do for all tastes.
After sharing my place with a mate for a couple of years, I joined Airbnb a couple of years ago as an opportunity to meet and learn from new people from different locations and cultures and so far it's been very enjoyable!
I'm a pretty laid back type of guy and I think people would describe me as easy to get on with and talk to. As you probably guessed, I enjoy food most of all (and that usually involves others' cooking skills rather than mine ;)), drinks on a Friday night, a good movie on a Saturday and a lazy Sunday.
Oh and if you like Led Zeppelin, Guns N'Roses and Genesis, I'm sure we'll get on fine!
We look forward to hosting you!