Elysian Fields is truly one of Cairns' finest estates.
Nestled amongst 8,314m2 of rainforest gardens is our beautiful split level home. Enjoy the tropical lifestyle at our estate that sits proudly atop Whitfield range, offering panoramic views out to Cairns' CBD and the Coral Sea beyond.
The large open plan living room and kitchen area open onto a generous surrounding balcony where you can sit and enjoy the balmy tropical evenings while looking out at Cairns below. French doors offer direct access to the luxury pool and entertainment area from the living room/kitchen. Master bedroom with ensuite. All situated with rainforest all around - it is like your own retreat!
The entire top floor is yours to enjoy- 300 square metres, 3 bedrooms ( 1 king bed, two single beds), 2 1/2 bathrooms, living, kitchen, balcony and pool area.
We may have a quiet tenant who lives exclusively on the ground floor of the property who will respect your privacy. He will come and go quietly and would be very useful in emergencies.
Private driveway with pin-code access to entrance gate. The driveway is steep, just drive slowly and stick to the outside of the bends. The driveway is slippery when wet, so slow down and enjoy the rainforest.
Not required. We will not be on site during your stay, but will be available by phone. As such, we can't always be at the house quickly, but if there is any problems we have lots of people who will be available to come and help you out. Don't hesitate to tell us about a problem - the sooner you tell us, the easier it is to fix!
We highly recommend:
1. Mungali creek milk - don't leave Cairns without trying it
2. Don't over schedule - make sure you leave a day or two just to hang around the house. People always want to book all the Cairns experiences in one trip - it's usually exhausting, just come and stay again!
3. Coles will deliver - you need to give them the gate code and tell them to drive to the house on your directions setting when making the booking.
4. Snakes - do not try and touch any snake - even snake handlers struggle to identify snake species. The light green tree snake is harmless and the most frequent guest. Any snakes in the house please contact the snake remover. He lives nearby and won't be long. Our dogs (who won't be at the house) keep the snakes away when they are home, so they may know they aren't welcome! Any potential snake bites require immediate attendance to hospital - don't wait and see!
5. Bugs - there aren't many in winter, but in summer there are: mud wasps - they build nests in the books shelves but don't bite. Mosquitoes - please wear repellent as they may carry dengue. Native bees - tiny, fly in small groups and try to build nests - they don't sting. Keep the lights down at night to keep the moths out of the house.
6. Geckos - ear the bugs and chirp from the top of the walls.
7. Spiders - large huntsmen spiders like the bathrooms. Try not to kill them, they eat the bugs and avoid people where they can.
We can include a car - Mercedes 2003 S Class at additional cost.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 5 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
My husband and I are friendly professionals who love living the tropical lifestyle together in Cairns with our two young children.