This is an oasis of tranquility. A great place for nature lovers! Fields and woods are stretching right below the house. You are away from the hubbub of mass tourism. Nevertheless, it's only a 3 min drive or 20 min pleasant walk to the old town of Korcula.
Enjoy the comfortable 2-room-apartment with its own balcony overviewing the wide countryside, and a mediterranean back garden with dry stone walls, lemon and olive trees.
Step from your bedroom into the typical Mediterranean garden with stone dry walls, olive and lemon trees, a balcony and a back garden. You are far away from the hubbub of mass tourism. Nevertheless, it's only a 3 min drive or 20 min pleasant walk to the old town of Korcula.
The entire house has been renovated in 2014/15.
On the ground floor, there are two newly furnished apartments, sharing one very spacious terrace (24 sqm).
Free wifi access and free parking on the property.
Your apartment (no. 1) has 2 rooms. Sleeps 4 persons:
- living room with an integrated, fully equipped kitchen and a ceiling fan. The comfy sofa makes a queen size bed (160 cm) for 2 adult or 2 children.
- separate bedroom for 2 adults (queen size bed 160 cm), air condition
- bathroom with shower and WC; separate space with wardrobe
- 1 balcony at the front door, 1 private terrace at the rear garden.
There's intentionally no TV: enjoy the calm or the laughter of kids playing on the street.
Due to the warm climate, you can spend a lot of time outside. The shared terrace is partly covered by a roof, so you can choose to have your lunch in the shade or take a sunbath. The balcony at the front is in the sun, the terrace at the rear is almost all day in the shadow of the house.
If you want to stay with us in early spring or late autumn, we will lit a cozy fire in the living room's stove for you. We built new windows and a very thick thermal isolation on the walls, so it is perfectly warm in winter.
There are 2 apartments to rent. This is the description of apartment no. 1.
If you want to rent the other apartment or both apartments together, please check out my other listings.
Basically, you will have the large terrace at the front for yourselves. Occasionally the other apartment will be occupied as well, then you would have to share the large terrace for a day or two.
The apartment is located at the ground floor of the house, and we, your host family, are living on the second floor (separate staircase). We are always here to help and to give you some insider's tips for your most enjoyable stay. Your host is the author of the one and only guidebook for walking on the island – she is full of useful information!
You might like to come to visit your host family on their private terrace. Let's enjoy together the warm summer night in the open, marvelling at the myriads of stars above you. Savouring a Korcula grown wine, the infinite universe stretches above you, the peaceful silence disturbed by nothing but an owl hooting somewhere in the woods.
- free wifi, free parking on the property
- no extra charge per person
- no charge for end cleaning
- I can organize you a taxi to pick you up from the ferry port or bus station on arrival
- not apt for partying people, no loud music. This is a quiet neighbourhood, inhabited by local families. Please respect the Mediterranean way of life, siesta is from noon to 4 p.m.
- no smoking in the house. Smoking is possible on the terraces