We are so fortunate to be the custodians of Bowmore Lodge - a luxury lakeside home in the heart of the Cotswolds - that we feel it is too beautiful to keep just to ourselves. It's our family’s holiday home, that we rent out occasionally.
OUR HOME AND THE LAKES
We are so fortunate to be the custodians of Bowmore Lodge - a luxury country home in the heart of the Cotswolds - that we feel it is too beautiful to keep just to ourselves. As it is our family’s holiday home, the Lodge is only rented out occasionally. Our clients are not visitors, they are welcomed guests to our countryside family home. Bowmore Lodge is equipped with everything a family needs - board games, logs for a roaring fire and outdoor furniture to curl up on and enjoy the view. Bowmore Lodge is situated at the exclusive Lakes by yoo second home estate. Founded by property developer John Hitchcox, The Lakes was created to be a special place for families. Jade Jagger, Kelly Hoppen and Elle MacPherson have designed homes here and enjoyed secluded breaks at the Lakes.
The Lakes is built on six clear water lakes. Bowmore Lodge is built on the edge of the estate’s largest lake, Bowmore. South-facing, the open-plan home is bathed in natural light all year around.
Because it is our family holiday home, Bowmore Lodge is designed and furnished to a very high level. We want our guests to feel as at home at Bowmore Lodge as we do.
Bowmore Lodge, which is 3,500 sq ft, offers a wide range of amenities. For the children we provide: travel cot, high chair, booster chairs, stair gates, potty, children’s table and four chairs and a wide range of board games to keep everyone entertained. The lodge includes a two-person steam room, claw bath tub, Sonos music system (Napster and LastFM), a wood-burning fireplace with logs supplied, two kayaks and life vests which can be used late spring and throughout the summer) and an extensive DVD collection. The kitchen is fully equipped but if you wish to relax, the Lakes concierge service is happy to arrange bespoke catering from breakfast hampers to a chef for a special dinner party.
Guests can have access to all the facilities at the Lakes, including tennis courts, boating fishing (Spring and Summer months), zip wire, play ground Spa and Gym (between the hours of 2-5pm). All guests require an Induction to the Spa and an addition cost of £50 for each group is charged by The Lakes Management
We have a wonderful caretaker called Pauline who's on hand to help with anything, plus the Lakes Concierge Service with a range of 5 star services
'Code of conduct' for Bowmore Lodge, 1 Huntsmans Causway, The Lakes By Yoo
Please circulate this among all the party members including teenage children who may be left unsupervised.
This private estate is a family environment with 2nd home owners and their families enjoying the tranquilly of this stress free concept.
Currently there are approximately 90 occupied houses on 4 lakes, with most owners visiting mainly at weekends and children’s holidays.
There are a number of ‘guidelines’ to ensure that the estate is a safe, secure and peaceful environment.
May we ask you to respect the privacy of all neighbouring properties surrounding these beautiful lakes.
Please do not approach any other unit by foot (other than the rented property), additionally when on the open water please keep a minimum 30 Meters distance from the neighbouring house’s balconies.
Please only launch the kayak outside your rental property.
You are not permitted to take any photograph of other units whether occupied or unoccupied (any such photograph is hereby deemed to be confidential and private) whilst any individual is on the estate (which is acknowledged by the transferee as being a private estate) and not to disclose or allow to be disclosed such photograph to any third parties and not to make use of any such photograph or any other material or information arising from such competence.
In the interest of all visitors enjoying this relaxing environment may we remind you that noise and light pollution travels across the water to neighbouring properties where there may be small children and elderly residents retiring.
All Residents and Visitors must ensure that when entering the Estate and the Property they do so quietly so as not to cause any disturbance or annoyance to adjoining occupiers.
When relaxing on the decking, we would request that you retire indoors after 10.30pm and keep the noise to an absolute minimum.
Particular care must be taken between the hours of 11:00 pm and 8:00am and consideration should be given to your fellow neighbours.
No amplified music on the decking, please.
Be aware that the areas around other houses are private, do not walk around houses, or borrow/use
equipment belonging to other properties.
Sorry, no fireworks, hen or stag parties
Use of the Lakees:
As The Lakes are a natural bird reserve, they are closed during the Winter months and can only be used by guests during the Summer months from 1st May – 1st October. This excludes fishing and boating on Hunstmans Lake, which can be accessed all year round.
The Estate will issue up to date information in relation to fishing from time to time and whether reservations are required. This will detail what fishing may be carried out where and when and whether a payment is required together with applicable regulations. All Residents and Visitors must check with the Estate before fishing in any lake unless the latest information on site confirms that fishing for that lake or part of lake is ‘open’.
All fishing (excluding Huntsmans) will be subject to temporary or seasonal closure as may be required by any appropriate regulatory authority or the Estate.
All fishing and equipment used must be carried out and operated in accordance with principles of ecological husbandry and codes of conduct adopted by Estate from time to time including (without
limitation) those set out on the Environment Agency’s website.
No fishing may be carried out in any areas designated for swimming or other recreational use.
Access to the Spa for rental guests is between the hours of 2pm and 5pm. In advance of use the lead member of the rental party is required to have a short Induction for health and safety reasons as the Spa is an unmanned facility, the total cost of the induction which shall be payable at the time of the induction will be £50. Ideally please have all or most of the party attend the Induction.
There are two designated car parking spaces outside the house, please seek permission for additional parking. There is an overflow car park that security will direct you, feel free to drop your luggage off at the house and then go back to the designated overflow car park.
Swimming is permitted in the Lake that the house is on - however only during the day hours and appropriate swimming attire is required.
Please do not approach the neighbour’s balconies.
We have a floating/diving platform on the lake very near our house; please ensure that you supervise your children at all times. Feel free to use life jackets, which can found in a bike store.
The Estate Security is for the benefit of the Residents and their permitted guests. The estate retains the right to refuse admission to or remove from the Estate any person who does not have legal right to be there or acts contrary to the Estate Regulations.
Residents and Visitors must operate the entrance gateway in accordance with Estate instructions.
Residents must register all Visitors and their vehicles with the Estate security office and give reasonable
advance notice of their visit such notice to also advice of the length of stay.
Please do not feed any wild animals or wildfowl
Canoes, sail boats and wind surfers only, no powerboats.
Feel free to use the kayaks on the meadow near the tennis courts Safety
Speed Limit is 5 mph – please be aware there are children playing and pedestrians throughout the estate – a walking pace speed is ideal.
Children must be under your strict control at all times for their safety. General
Please do not hang bath towels on balcony railings, thank you. We wish you a relaxing and enjoyable stay
Signed by Lead Party representative on behalf of all guests(URL HIDDEN)
Mark Hamilford, 51 Addison Road, London W14 8JJ (hereinafter referred to as the Landlord)
And ____________ residing at,_________________________________ (Hereinafter referred to as the Tenant)
Lets the following property to the Tenant:
The Lakes By Yoo
1 Huntsmans Causeway Coln Park
The house rules & code of conduct apply
(1) The rental property is a non-smoking.
(2) The Tenant will provide full names and car registrations of all party
(3) The Tenant is not allowed to host large gatherings / parties at the
property, and any guests invited will need to be approved (via email) by
the Landlord in advance.
(4) Access to the Spa and other facilities at the development is only for the
guests staying the Property.
(5) The rental property is fully equipped and furnished and bed and bath linen
are included in the price.
(6) The Tenant is entitled to use the following during the rental period
(7) There are 3 allocated parking space outside the house, (overflow car
park, close to the entrance, within walking distance and free of charge).
(8) The Tenant receives 1 sets of house keys for the duration of the rental
period, which can be collected on arrival at the security hut.
(9) If lost a charge will be made to replace item.
Rental period, arrival and departure
(1) The rental property is let to the Tenant for __ nights from ____________201_.
(2) Your check in time is 16.00 and departure at 10.00am. (11am on Sunday, unless otherwise agreed).
(3) At the end of the rental period the Tenant is to vacate the property and return the key to the security hut on departure.
3. Rental price and payment methods
(1) The rental price is £____ for the duration of the rental period
Handelsbanken, Swindon Branch 60 95 34
iii. Sort Code:
iv. Account number: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) Payment terms are 30% on reservation - £_____ and the balance no less than 8 weeks prior to arrival. Reservation of the Property is only confirmed after signature of this rental agreement and receipt by the Landlord of the deposit.
(3) A refundable security deposit of £1000 which should be wired along with the final payment, which we will hold on account and return to the tenant after your departure assuming no damage beyond normal wear and tear.
(4) If the Tenant is more than 7 days late in paying, the Landlord is entitled to terminate the contract immediately and without notice and to let the property to someone else.
4. Cancellation and early termination
(1) If the Tenant terminates this contract 8 weeks before the arrival date they will forfeit the 30% deposit. If the Tenant terminates this contract 4 weeks before the arrival date they will forfeit the 50% of the total cost of the booking. If the Tenant terminates this contract 2 weeks before the arrival date they will forfeit the 75% of the total cost of the booking.
(2) Once terminated the Landlord can thereafter let the property to someone else.
(3) Termination must be made via email. The date of termination is considered to be date the email is received by the Landlord.
5. Liability and responsibilities of the Tenant
(1) The rental property including the furniture and the other contents are to be treated with care. The Tenant is held responsible for the actions of other people, including any guests or visitors they might have, within the house. The Tenant is liable for any damaged goods, damage to the property or damage to anything else related to the property or on the Development (The Lakes By Yoo), whether caused by themselves or their accompanying guests or visitors.
(2) Faults that are found before or during the rental period are to be reported to the Advertiser immediately.
(3) Pets are not permitted
Bowmore Lodge is a part of a 2nd home development, should you be interested in viewing similar properties with the view to purchase, we would request that you contact us directly and we will arrange for you to meet with the Sales team.
The Tenant agrees to follow the Code of Conduct. These are attached. 7. Contract wording
Changes and alterations to this contract are required to be in writing.
If any of the legal requirements set out in this contract are inoperative or impractical, or become so after completion of the contract, the effectiveness of the remainder of the contract will not be affected.
____________ Date Signature Tenant Mark Hamilford Date Signature Landlord