If you like comfort combined with a historic look, you and your family will really enjoy this house. If you like water, you will enjoy this house’s spa and pool. If you like games, you and your family will enjoy the multitude of games provided.
1. The minimum age for renting is 25 years of age (some exceptions are made for those 21 – 24, but this is determined on an individual case-by-case basis). The designated person actually renting the house, must stay overnight at the house. No one not actually staying at the house during the rental period can rent the house for someone else.
2. If someone desires a pay-per-view, please let me know in advance so you can be charged with the initial fees.
3. Please no smoking inside the house. One can smoke on the front and back porches or in the basement.
4. The number of guests listed at the time of registration are the only ones allowed for actual overnight stay. If the number changes after registration and prior to check-in, please let me know that so I can have a proper count. Additional guests are welcome to visit, but only that number of guests initially registered should stay overnight.
5. The house is located in a more historical neighborhood with longtime residents, so no significantly loud noises are allowed on the outside the house; the inside of the house is well insulated. If you have a group of individuals outside of the house in the backyard, please keep the sound contained inside the backyard. No sounds should go too far beyond the perimeter of the fence, particularly on the 37th street side.
6. This house is not defined as a party house in the online listing, though small gathering can occur. When gatherings occur in the backyard, it is very important to keep all noises contained within the yard itself. Some houses in the outskirts of Galveston with larger yards or distant neighbors do list with a party designation. When you check-in please let my local property manager know if you plan a backyard event of 15 people or more (never any more than 20 allowed). She can then advise you of those rules.
7. Music can be played on the outside of the house – but no loud music and no music using any amplified sound system. Please keep all sounds, including talking or singing to a volume level that will not extend past the perimeter of the yard, particularly on the 37th street side of the house. Most neighbors in the neighborhood are not bothered by noises, but some are – so please keep the noise level inside the yard.
8. Please limit the number of cars at the house. The house is on a corner lot, so 6–8 cars can park along the street around the house, depending on the size of the vehicles. It is important to not park in front or on the side of anyone else’s property. In addition to the 6-8 cars that can be parked surrounding the house, there are three parking spots inside the backyard.
9. For reasons of limiting the carrying of sound at night - any organized gathering in the backyard should end at 10 PM. That does not mean that the backyard cannot be enjoyed after that time, including the pool and spa, but the noise must be very, very limited. This is a somewhat quiet neighborhood and sound easily travels at night.
10. This is a totally illegal drug free area; it is located across the street from a magnet junior high school.