Central Somerville. 2 min to T Bus to Green Line-Park, Arlington, Copley, stops along the finish of the Boston Marathon are available. Couch bed with 2" foam on top. Best for Fans & Supporters and not runners themselves. Roommates & Friends around.
Located in Somerville, a 2 minute walk to a T Bus that will take you to the Green Line where Park St, Arlington St, Copley, and other Green Line stops along the finish of the Boston Marathon are available.
This is a room in a house with 3 other roommates. Room is on the 1st floor where the kitchen is accessible and there is a 1/2 bath. Other features are a poker/game table and video projector / pool room, also on the 1st floor.
This room is probably best suited for those visiting to explore Boston and support Marathon runners, as opposed to runners themselves. More of a backpacker mentality than a true "room" rental. Us roommates will probably also be enjoying Marathon weekend and Day, chances are will will be projecting Marathon highlights on the big screen.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THIS ROOM:
- Fold out couch bed has a 2 inch memory foam layer for added comfort. Pillow cases, sheets, and a light blanket can be provided (as pictured).
- There is a door that swivels open/close to access the room, so it is not a normal door.
- The door opens up to the “Poker / Game Room”. Note: the whole 1st floor is common area so there is sometimes foot traffic to the shared ½ bath, games being played, or pool played/movies watched next door. Play some games with friends or join in with us (if anything is actually happening -- it doesn’t every night)!
- There is room for toiletries in the shared 1/2 bath on your floor or up in the shared full bath.
- Some stuff is shoved into one corner that has no where else to go and needs to stay (as pictured).
- Any cigarette smoking may take place outside on the back porch, which is adjacent to this room. If need be, we will ask this takes place on the front porch or in the yard for the duration of your stay.
- There is a small dresser, clothes rack, small shelf system, and small dorm fridge for your convenience.
- You may use other space in the main refrigerator, cabinets, and bathroom storage spaces as well, during your stay.
- The room gets a nice amount of light during the day from the two windows.
- For the Marathon, we can offer off-street parking. Also, 2-day visitor passes can be borrowed.
- In addition to the T Stop at Lechmere (Green Line) -- Orange & Red Boston MBTA lines are a short walk to a a short bus ride away. This provides access to Harvard, Davis, and Porter Square (Red Line), as well as shopping at Assembly Row (Orange Line).
- Use the kitchen stove to prepare meals, microwave, or cook on the outside BBQ grill.
- Free Wi-fi / Free Washer & Dryer
- Note: There is a commuter rail train that runs until around 1AM and then resumes during normal commuter hours. On the weekends, there are much fewer runs of the train.
Kitchen, Backyard, Pool Table, Darts, and Games
Up to you, but we will probably be celebrating that weekend. We hope you join us.
We can offer Off-street parking for the stretch of time around the Marathon. Kitchen available to cook, in room small fridge, and BBQ available for outside.
Common Sense please! If you need something, please ask (e.g. its getting to late and Marathon Monday is tomorrow).