Our 3 storey home offers your own studio apartment on your own floor with private entrance.
The open plan area contains a large bedroom with queen sized bed, laundry & bathroom, safe, walk in wardrobe, sofa bed, cable TV & well stocked kitchenette with Nespresso coffee machine.
It looks out onto the city & situated only 5 minutes walk from the CBD, Te Papa, Embassy Theatre and the great bars and restaurants located at the end of our street and in the Courtenay Place entertainment area.
-The studio offers private access to an open plan bedroom with queen sized bed with living room with sofa bed, kitchenette and dining table.
-The bathroom is fully tiled and contains a heated towel rail, new towels, shower and toilet. It also contains a laundry area with washing machine and clothes dryer.
-The lounge area has flat screen TV with Sky (cable TV) with a sofa bed (king single sized) whilst the kitchenette is fully stocked with crockery, utensils, pots/pans and has a refrigerator, Nespresso, microwave with toaster & jug.
-Upon arrival we have a welcome pack for you that gives you information about Wellington and how to get around town from our home.
-We provide information on items such as the wi-fi, how to use the safe, the Nespresso coffee machine, washing machine & clothes dryer.
We offer a variety of food for you to make your own breakfast when it is convenient for you and there is a dining table to sit at.
-Upstairs in our own kitchen we have a commercial coffee machine should you want a long black, latte or flat white.
* Amongst the food we provide for breakfast are:
- Free-range eggs
- Muesli/granola and cereals such as oats, special k, weetbix, coco pops.
- 'Up & Go' breakfast drink
- 'Milo' / 'Belvita' breakfast bars
- Orange juice
- NZ butter
- Marmite, Vegemite, peanut butter, jams & marmalades
- Nespresso coffee machine with pods
- Queen sized bed with bedside tables & lights
- Good quality sheets and bedding
- Electric blanket and memory foam mattress topper
- Sony Clock/Radio with USB charger
- Power points by the bedside tables each have 2 USB charger points
- Large walk in wardrobe with hangers
- Luggage rack for your suitcase to sit on
- Shower, sink, toilet
- A supply of new large towels and facecloths
- Shampoo, conditioner and soap
- Heated towel rail
- Hair-dryer so you do not need to pack yours
-LIVING AREA/ KITCHENETTE
- Sofa complete with blankets and cushions for your comfort
- Sofa bed pulls out to a King Single sized bed - we have linen for this or you can choose a trundler bed (single sized)
- Flat-screen TV (Sky/cable TV) & wi-fi (password provided upon booking confirmation & arrival) and USB charging points
- New heat pump to warm the area in winter, or be an air conditioner in summer
- New refrigerator for any food you may have with you
- Microwave & stove-top oven
- Nespresso coffee machine & coffee pods
- Toaster & kettle/jug provided
- Crockery, utensils provided so you can cook a meal or prepare a snack if you wish
- We aim to provide everything that you may require for a self catering stay, however you are also welcome to use the main kitchen upstairs should you wish.
- Washing machine, clothes dryer for your own private use
- Indoor clothes rack or outdoor clothes line with pegs
- Iron & ironing board
- Safe so that you can store your important travel documents such as passports and cash. You set your passcode so that only you can access it during your stay with us.
- Fantastic location for exploring the city. Courtenay Place, Lambton Quay & Cuba Street are a few blocks away, plenty of trendy stores, bars restaurants, pubs etc.
- There is a transport hub (buses) on Courtenay Place which we are 5 minutes walk from.
Guests can enter via our home main entrance, or through the doors that leads directly into their lounge/kitchenette area to the studio.
We have a combination lock so you do not need to use house keys - we text you the access code prior to your stay with us.
The upper storey are our bedrooms and bathroom.
The middle storey is the main house entrance, living room, dining room and kitchen which you are welcome to use. There is a bathroom here too and a small deck looking out to the city.
The lower storey is the studio. This is your personal space with the bedroom, living area and kitchenette, walk in wardrobe, bathroom and laundry. The studio steps out onto a deck, lawn and small garden that looks out towards the city.
We value our guests and their privacy and can offer as much or little interaction as they would like.
We are happy for you to chill out and relax in your studio, or you can join us upstairs in our living room, dining room or kitchen.
Because this is our home you will see us come and go about the house. We have our 2 sons aged 12 and 14 with us - but they are well behaved! You probably won't see much of them as their bedrooms are on the top floor and they are busy with school, homework, after school sports and their mates.
We are LGBT friendly :-)
Rental Cars pick/drop off
There are 3 rental car companies close to our home if you want to pick up/drop off a car which are about a 10 minute walk away.
Avis - Dixon Street, Wgt (850m from the Air BnB)
Thrifty - Wakefield Street, Wgt (650m from the Air BnB)
Hertz - Hania Street, Wgt (850m from the Air BnB)
- Respect our home as you would want us to respect yours
- Be nice to the cat (Katie)
- No overnight visitors
- No open/naked flames/candles to be used in anywhere in our home
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 1 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
We enjoy travelling and have lived in London & Colorado (USA), plus travelled throughout Europe, Australia, the Pacific Islands, North, Central and South America.
We work as a lawyer and investigator in the CBD, however we have recently purchased an 1890 house in Mt Victoria, Wellington with our 2 sons aged 10 & 13, and have decided to embrace the AirBNB experience and open up our home to travellers.
We have both lived in various parts of New Zealand with Ian's work as a lawyer and Ginni previously working as a winemaker/viticulturist so we can pass onto you our experiences. We look forward to hosting you!