So…. what in the world is a Camelback? A Camelback is a classic New Orleans-style shotgun house with a second story over the back. We hope you enjoy the space and wonderful light that our home offers plus our private, outdoor courtyard !
This newly restored two-bedroom, two-bath century-old home blends historic character with modern convenience. The upstairs loft includes a king bed and full bath, while downstairs, you will find a queen bedroom, full bath, kitchen and open living room with vaulted, 24-foot ceilings. Dining is informal, either at the unique, circular kitchen counter or in the private outdoor garden patio, with a 2-burner gas grill and colorful adirondack chairs.
Our home offers a well-appointed kitchen, two matching “cruiser” bicycles, central air and heat, washer/dryer, high speed Wifi, new beds, a large and comfortable futon, flat screen TV and fluffy sheets and towels.
We're often traveling, but easily available via email/texting/phone, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns !
In the winter months, it sometimes gets a bit chilly in the house (yes, even in New Orleans !), so we keep 4 portable space heaters in the house downstairs. Please be a bit careful when using them, don't hang anything on top of them or push them directly against any fabrics, at all, if you would. They're an easy way to take the chill out of the morning, but always unplug them when you leave the house, please !!!
1. STRONG RECOMMENDATION: Always return your key to the lockbox each time you leave the house so that risk of loss is minimized and everyone in your party always has access.
2. Please, no smoking in the house or in the courtyard. Smoking is specifically prohibited.
3. People other than those in the Guest’s Party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person on the property is the sole responsibility of the guest.
4. This home is privately owned. The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs on the premises. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and its furnishings in good order. Make sure to lock the bicycles if you take them out, and store them inside the property under the stairs when not in use. Please use the helmets at your discretion, and be careful riding at night. Keys to both combination locks are located on hooks adjacent to the bikes, under the stairs. Please return them when you're finished with your ride ... !
6. Pets are not allowed.
7. Noise: Please respect our community, if you would, one which we love to share. No loud outside noise after 10 p.m., please. While this is a vibrant neighborhood and there is even a late-night popular bar right across the street, it is also a quaint residential area. We appreciate our wonderful neighbors and respect their need for quiet. No fireworks or noisemakers are permitted in the courtyard, ever.
7. Parking: typically, there is ample street parking in all directions from the house. You may park one vehicle in front of the courtyard, where we have placed a “No Parking” sign. We purposefully kept the curb and attached hinges to the fence so that it appears to be a driveway, in case of a parking shortage.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While clean linens and towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. There is laundry detergent in the pantry, if you need to wash a load of towels or your clothing while you are there. Please do not remove linens or any of the amenities provided. Trash bins are on the curb outside the fence, one for normal trash and one for recycling is available.
9. Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refund will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities declare mandatory Tropical Storm/Hurricane evacuations in the rental property area; or
• A mandatory Tropical Storm/Hurricane evacuation order has been given for the area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area, we will refund:
o Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
o Any unused portion of rent from a guest who is scheduled to arrive and wants to shorten the stay to arrive after the warning was lifted; or
o Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the Hurricane Warning period.
1. Check-Out: Upon departure, please be so kind as to …
• Place used bath and dishtowels in the laundry basket in the pantry;
• Make sure all windows are closed and locked.
• Please unplug the coffee machine and toaster, if either was used.
• Set the NEST thermostat (upstairs) to 72 degrees F.
• Turn off all lights except the porch lamp and the living room floor lamp.
Ted and Lara are proudly bi-city… dividing their time between New Orleans and Atlanta. The only difficulties we’ve found are the limited number of weeks in the month and the vexing Saints-Falcons rivalry. Partners in an international design firm, we share a love of unique places and old things. We carefully restored both homes with the desire to create places that are warm, inviting and a little quirky… with comfortable spaces to gather with friends, read or just relax in solitude. We hope you enjoy our home !