A rare chance to experience the genuine Puerto Rican life that very few tourists ever get to see. My humble but lovely little home is located in the traditional fishermen's (and gradually upcoming) neighborhood of "Ponce Beach," a peaceful, friendly area near a waterfront, some restaurants, the Guancha open-air cultural boardwalk, etc., and is not far from the city center and other attractions.
Definitely not like staying at a Holiday Inn, yet this is a well-maintained, artsy, usually airy (simple wooden-structure) house. All windows and doors are completely screened, and has a good air conditioner in the main bedroom and kitchen area.
The entire house.
I will not be staying here, but either I will be nearby to assist with any inquiries, or my wonderful home-keeper/associate will be readily available. (She may also be able to arrange day trips to the very nice beach/spa [private] club at the Hilton just 5 minutes away.)
Good seafood/typical Puerto Rican restaurants are located a couple short blocks away, as well as a traditional "Panaderia" (bakery/breakfast spot), barber shop, and great salsa classes also less than a 5-minute walk, next to where bands practice many evenings in the local small plaza.The wonderful, upscale Café Lucero just relocated (from the Ponce Art Museum) to a block away, and the Guancha cultural and eating boardwalk is just a few minutes drive; the city center (main Plaza) and other attractions are also located nearby. Catering of terrific food is available from a Spanish cook living in Ponce. Landline (free calls to P. Rico and USA) is available. Although it states 5 p.m. check-in, I can usually accommodate an earlier arrival (or later check-out, often). An extra fee is normally charged for one night stays.
1. Smoking is only allowed outside the house, such as on the front balcony. (If you do smoke outside, please clean up any cigarette butts, etc.)
2. People other than those in the listed Guest party may not stay overnight in the property without the permission of the Host. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
3. There is an extra charge of at least $25 for a one-night stay.
4. The house is privately owned; the Host/Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner/Host is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest(s). By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. The Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order, and to leave the premises in the same condition as it was encountered.
6. The Guest agrees to only use appliances for their intended uses.
7. Pets are NOT allowed, unless with prior approval from the Host (and the Pet Addendum must be completed). Pets have so far not been allowed inside this house, but an exception might be considered (with a pet deposit and fee).
8. This is a residential family neighborhood, so it is imperative to keep the noise level down, especially after about 9:30 at night. Any improper behavior (such as loud "partying" activities late at night) can result in withholding part or all of the security deposit. Also, the front screen door(s) must be kept closed at all times, to prevent mosquitoes from entering the house.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While a variety of linens and bath towels are provided, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. (Cleaning services can be arranged with the Host.) We do not permit towels, linens or other items to be taken from the house.
10. Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
•The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
•A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
•The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 22 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
Over the past 40 years I have traveled widely, conducted research (in anthropology and public health) in dozens of countries, mostly in Africa, Latin America and Asia, and taught many different types of students (recently at the Harvard University School of Public Health). Our 2012 book, "Tinderbox: How the West Sparked the AIDS Epidemic and How the World Can Finally Overcome It," was a New York Times Editor's Choice. You may read more about my work and background on my (UNC and tinderboxbook) sites. I love music (jazz and other kinds), good food, and hiking and biking, especially in this lovely part of North Carolina. The single most important thing to me is to be able to assist other people (family, friends, and "strangers") in any reasonable way that I can.