Escape the crowds of Yosemite in our new custom built home on 5 private acres.
Please see our rental agreement under our detailed description.
OakStone House Rental Agreement
1. RESERVATION/SECURITY DEPOSIT- A reservation/security deposit of $250 is required and is only charged when the stipulations in this agreement are not met. If damages are accrued by the guests beyond the $250, owner has permission to charge any additional expenses to cover total damages. The deposit/authorization is not applied towards rent and will not be charged provided the following provisions are met:
a) No damage is done to the house or its contents beyond normal wear and tear.
b) no charges are incurred due to contraband, pets, or collection of rents or services during your stay.
c) all check-out procedures are followed.
d) all charges accrued during stay are paid prior to departure.
e) no linens, towels or pillows are lost or damaged.
f) no early check-in or late check-out without written agreement with Homeowners.
g) the Guest is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner) or local law enforcement.
2. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at 4 p.m. Pacific Time (check-in time) June 27, 2014 and ends 10:30 a.m. Pacific Time (check-out time) July 1, 2014. Any check-out past 10:30AM that is not approved by the owner that effects cleaning services will be charged $100.00 from security deposit/authorization.
The property is fully furnished(indoor and outdoor) and includes 2 flat screened TVs, 2 DVD players, receiver/speakers, wireless internet, outdoor grill, washer, dryer, microwave, coffee grinder and coffee maker, espresso machine, toaster oven, 1 set of sheets per bed, pillows, towels, hair dryers and standard home items (pots, pans, dishes, silverware, etc).
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
Keep property and all furnishings in good order and return all rearranged furniture back to original locations. Only use appliances for their intended uses. Return the house in the same condition it was found.
Any damages or expenses that accrue will be applied towards the $250 security deposit/authorization of this contract. Any additional damages and expenses greater than the $250 deposit/authorization will be the responsibility of the Guest and charged to their payment. By signing this contract the Guest acknowledges responsibility.
4. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
5. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair, inspection and maintenance. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
RENTAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Quiet hours are between 10PM and 8AM. Even though you will enjoy a 5 acre space, this is still a residential area. Please be respectful and courteous to the neighbors: no loud parties, drive slowly through the street (approximately 20 miles/hour). Any noise complaint issues and fines will be the responsibility of the Guest. Please do not contact or trespass on adjacent properties. If you have questions please call or email us.
2. Water and Septic: The OakStone House is on a well and septic systems. Water quality has been tested by the county and is potable. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you incur the cost of removing it.
3. Wildfires, Storms & Other Acts of Nature: If there is a wild fire, no refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations of vacationing guest
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order, we will refund:
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the mandatory fire evacuation is lifted; and any advance rent collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the evacuation period.
3a. No refunds will be given for storms (typically during fall/winter months). [Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel driveway is well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.] By law, you are required to carry chains in your vehicle.
4. Critters and Wildlife:
Please be aware of poison oak and the possibility of rattlesnakes on the property. Western diamondback rattlesnakes are common and camouflage well into the landscape. Please always check an area first before letting small children play. If anyone is bit, it is a life threatening risk, call 9-1-1 immediately.
**FYI** Rattlesnakes are attracted to where their prey is. For your safety keep the outdoor grill clean after each use as it attracts mice when it's dirty.
Mariposa, CA is a mountainous/forested area that is the dwelling environment for wildlife, insects and allergens. Home owners are not responsible for animal bites, insect bites and stings (spiders, bees, ants, etc.), seasonal allergens (pollens, etc.) that may occur on the property.
Please remove all food from your vehicles. Black Bears are common throughout the year and may break into your vehicle if there is food left inside. Do not leave any food/trash or recyclables outside as it will attract all wildlife. During your stay please remove full trash and recyclables from the house and place inside the garage in the specified bins provided. At night and when gone during the day please make sure to close the garage door and the back door to ensure no wildlife can enter. Separation of glass bottles and aluminum cans is appreciated.
5. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. No weddings, receptions, graduations or similar event allowed.
6. This is a NON SMOKING house and property due to the extremely high fire risk during the summer months and to respect other guests who prefer a smoke free environment. NO EXCEPTIONS. If upon vacating and tobacco odor is noted by owner or owner's agents, guest will be charged an additional cleaning fee.
7. Refund Policy. Owner(s) cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of heating/cooling, televisions, internet equipment or other appliances. Please report any inoperative equipment to Owner immediately. Owner will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently. No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of appliances or equipment.
No refunds are given for early departures (less days than reserved). No refunds will be given for delayed arrival. No refunds for reducing the number of nights reserved.
7a. High speed wireless internet & satellite TV are provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the lease. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to services.
7b. In the event of a power outage due to weather or any unforeseen natural event, renter agrees not to request a refund for the days effected.
8. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED at the OakStone House.
9. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by a responsible adult guardian or parent. This is not a party house.
10. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to (8) persons.
11. LONGER MINIMUM STAYS are required during our high season (April-September) and may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than 3 days, the Guest will be charged the three-night rate. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
12. NO HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
13. Release of liability: The OakStone house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, illness or death that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they might invite to use the premise.
13a. Guest and parents are responsible for their children’s safety when using the top bed of the bunk bed in kid’s room. Please assure your child is old enough and aware of the dangers of falling from a bunk bed or side ladder. Guests and parents are also responsible for children's safety in all lofts and ladders/stairs leading up to lofts.
13b. When in and around the outdoor bath tub and shower, Guest holds complete responsibility for any children or members within their party. Extremely hot water may come out of the hot water valve. Please shut off hot water spicket at the house when finished bathing to prevent leaking.
13c. Guest is responsible for monitoring children around wood stove.
14. Wood Stove: Guest may use the wood burning stove from October through May. Wood is provided to use in the wood stove and the outdoor fire pit located on the back patio only. No other fires are allowed on the property. Refer to the directions in the Welcome Binder located in the house.
15. To effectively heat/cool the rooms please use the Mitsubishi Mini Split systems located in each bedroom and the great room. Please turn off each system when you leave the house to conserve energy.
16. No recreational firearm shooting allowed. (Also, neighbors have requested no engine revving of motor vehicles).
Owners place a high standard on cleanliness for each guest. When all checkout procedures are followed it ensures that sufficient cleaning can be done between parties. Therefore, the owners reserve the right to charge an additional cleaning fee from the security deposit if checkout procedures are not followed and/or if professional cleaning is required.
Prior to checkout:
1. All dishes should be washed and put away.
3. If the wood stove is used, please make sure the wood stove door is closed and latched.
4. Make sure all doors and windows are shut and locked, including all exterior doors when making final exit.
5. Assure all appliances in the kitchen are OFF excluding the refridgerator. Kitchen refrigerator and freezer doors are closed.
6. All lights, fans and electronics are off, which include: wall dimmers, porch lights, stereo, and televisions. Don’t forget to remove your IPOD or MP3 device from the stereo and DVD’s from players. Clothes should be removed from washer and dryer units.
7. All food is removed from refrigerator. You may leave unopened food in the pantry.
8. BBQ grill is cleaned and gas valve is turned “OFF”.
9. Garbage and recycling is removed from house and placed in the garbage bins inside the garage.
10. Toilets are flushed.
11. Please place all books, games, puzzles and toys are put back together and placed upstairs in the great room loft.
12. Close and lock chain at the end of the driveway when making final departure.
Please make sure to return the house in the same condition in which is was found.
3 night minimum stay during our high season May-August
Check-in 4:00pm, Check-out 10:30am
No smoking, thanks!
We love Yosemite and have made it our home for nearly 10 years. Mark is following his passion of outdoor education in the park and Allison is a busy mom with 2 boys, Cooper (5) and Luca (4). We take pride in our vacation rental and are responsive to any of our renters needs. Since we are local, we deal with our guests directly – from cleaning to repairs and anything in between.