This beautiful mountain Chalet provides a spacious floor plan with vaulted ceilings, large windows, and fantastic views. The home has 3 bedrooms, and 3 baths (2 on main floor and 1 mother-in-law), and sleeps up to 8 people. This lovely cabin is just 20 miles south of Flagstaff, 30 miles east of Sedona, and 90 miles from the Grand Canyon!
Treat yourself to mountain views and fresh air at The Haven Chalet, a shelter from the hectic life of the city. Located in Munds Park, just 120 miles North of Phoenix, enjoy the Coconino National Forest which is just a block from the cabin with meandering hiking trails. One mile down the road is Pinewood Country Club where you can spend the day on their 18-hole championship golf course! Lake O'Dell is located just a mile and a half away, Flagstaff is 20 minutes away, Sedona is 30 minutes East, and Grand Canyon National Forest is 90 miles from the cabin. Enjoy Sedona's famous red rocks where there are spectacular views, spas, hiking trails, shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Northern Arizona University (NAU) or the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff is nearby. Go to the theatre, attend a concert, or visit a museum. Ski and snowboard at Arizona Snowbowl (27 miles north), Ride the Polar Express on the Grand Canyon Railway and see if the bell still rings for you!
After a long day of fun, come back home where you'll feel welcomed with all the amenities you'll need to relax and revive. Here you will find a fully equipped kitchen stocked with everything you need from microwave, silverware, coffee maker, cups, glasses, pots, pans, plates, toaster, and blender. The dining room table will easily seat 6-8 people for meals. Want to BBQ dinner? Enjoy the stainless steel propane BBQ. And what about evening home entertainment? Your family will enjoy the satellite TV, Wii, board games, DVD’s, and wireless internet. Keep cool in summer enjoying the Munds Park breezes, a/c, and ceiling fans in almost every room or sit outside on the deck. After a long day of winter snowmobiling or snowshoeing, get toasty warm in the lovely great room around the large stone wood burning fireplace.
Is it time to snuggle in for the night? There are two bedrooms on the main floor, which sleep up to 6. Three bathrooms mean no hassles for that morning shower! And did we mention the mother-in-law room off the garage, which sleeps an additional 3 people? It’s perfect for the older kids or second family looking for their own space. Your Chalet includes all linens, (sheets, towels, etc.) as well as a baby gate for the stairs, a pack-n-play, a highchair, and a booster seat.
We have provided, below, for your browsing pleasure, a list of various cultural, sport and social activities in the area. This is just a taste of the fun in store for you. And don’t forget, with a full kitchen, you can either enjoy all or part of your meals at home, saving money, or if you prefer, you can really splurge on the truly excellent restaurants to be found close by in Flagstaff or in Sedona.
Whether you are bringing your ATV, Snowmobile or family, with multiple cars, there is a two car garage, PLUS parking on the ample cement pad for an additional two vehicles. No reason to leave that snowmobile at home!! Arizona Snowbowl is northwest of Flagstaff. Daily lift tickets are approx. $50. There is sledding west of Flagstaff at Wing Mountain Recreational Area.
We want your stay at The Haven Chalet to be as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
Pinewood Restaurant: 65 Pinewood Blvd, Munds Park, Arizona (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Sedona: Please review in our guest book
Flagstaff: Please review in our guest book
Grocery Stores -
Woody Food Store, 35 Pinewood Blvd, Munds Park, AZ 86017
Speedy’s Convenient, 101 Cameron, AZ (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Safeway Grocery Store, 1201 S. Plaza Way, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
Bashas, 1000 North Humphreys Street, Flagstaff, AZ 86002
Shell Gas, 82 Pinewood Blvd, Munds Park, AZ 86017
Pinewood Country Club
Northern Arizona University Activities: NAU edu Cultural-Activities
Polar Express Train
ATV and Buggy Rental
Address: 2740 W. State Route 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
4 Wheel Drive
Guided Snowmobile and Nordic Cross Country Skiing: Mormon Lake
Snowshoeing and Cross Country Skiing: Walker Lake
Always available by phone or email.
Check-in time is 4 p.m. Early check in may possible at times. Please ask.
Upon arrival please go through the cabin and let us know of any issues right away.
If you find food or coffee you are welcome to use it. We also have an array of spices- sugar, salt/pepper and various seasonings there for you to use. There are pots, pans, cookie sheets, roasting pans and a large crock pot.
Laundry- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LAUNDRY DETERGENT IF YOU NEED TO DO PERSONAL LAUNDRY. The detergent at the cabin is only to be used for towels and sheets for the cabin.
Groceries- The Shell station has basic items such as milk, eggs, firewood and beverages. Larger grocery stores would be in Flagstaff.
Cell Phone Coverage- Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T service works well.
Firewood- If you plan to use the wood-burning fireplace or fire pit, please bring firewood or Dura Flame with you. You can purchase either at the Shell/Chevron station. Please keep your fire small and never leave unattended.
Central Heat Thermostat- Located in the hallway. Thank you for turning down to 55 if you leave the house to go out for the day (winter). Please turn the unit off if you are leaving for the day in the summer months so that the A/C does not run.
Gas Grill- A propane tank is provided. There is typically an extra tank in the garage should the one in the grill be empty. The tank in the grill is locked in place for security reasons. The key is located above the kitchen sink by the plant. If the tank in the garage is missing upon your check-out, you will be charged a $60 replacement fee. If in the rare occasion both propane tanks are empty, we recommend that you swap it out at the Chevron station. We will reimburse you provided you submit a receipt.
Garbage- Please use the Norton Garbage Can. Pickup is Monday mornings. We ask our guests who are here on Sundays to help by rolling out the garbage can to the curb on Sunday evenings. If you are unable to do this please let us know and we will send someone over to do it.
Recycle- Pickup is every other Thursday please roll can out to curb on Wednesday. We will let you know ahead of time if your visit is during the recycle pickup.
Check-out/CLOSING THE CABIN POLICY
Your check-out time is no later than 11 a.m. (During busy holiday and summer periods we will not be able to accommodate a late checkout because our cleaners will need time to prepare the cabin for the next guest who will be checking in on the same day.)
If you checkout late without approval, you will be assessed a late checkout fee of $50 per hour. Please be aware that you are holding up the housekeeper from preparing the house for the next guest. This could cause a late check-in for them. Before you leave, please do the following to ensure your deposit refund and help our housekeeper prepare for our next guests.
- Please remove flat and fitted sheets and pillow cases from all used beds. Comforters and blankets can be left on the beds in the rooms that you found them.
- Place all used bed sheets and pillow cases in the hall, by the washer/dryer, so the housekeeper can wash them.
- Place all used towels, up to one load, in the washer and start a load of laundry prior to checking out. If all towels do not fit in one load, put the excess towels with the sheets in the hallway.
- Wash all dishwasher safe dishes, pots, and pans in the dishwasher and put away.
- Remove any food that you brought to the cabin with you.
- Remove and Bag all of your trash from inside and outside the cabin and place in the Norton trash barrel or recycle bin for glass, paper and cans only.
- On Sunday please roll the trash can to the curb in front of the cabin for pick-up. Recycle goes out on Wednesday night (see the schedule on the fridge).
- If the fireplace was used make sure fire is extinguished. Do NOT remove ashes.
- Please make sure all appliances are turned off.
- If you used the central heat (winter) please turn thermostat in hallway down to 55 degrees.
- If you used any space heaters make sure they are all turned to OFF and unplugged before you go.
- If you used the A/C Unit (summer), please turn the system off.
- Please close all blinds, shut and lock all windows, turn off all lights, and lock all doors. The screen doors are to remain UNLOCKED.
- Please report broken, stained, or damaged items, as they occur, so we may prepare for our next guests stay.
- Check each room and look under beds to make sure you have gathered all of your personal belongings.
- If the grill was used, cover it and return all utensils to the cabin. Double check to make sure gas is turned off.
- If you used the snow shovels, please return them to the garage.
- If the fire pit area was used, please place the chairs face down to help keep the sitting surfaces dry.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Additional fee of $20 per person, per night, will apply for all guests above occupancy of 8.
Renter pays up to 3% credit card fee per transaction when applicable (fees will be deducted from security deposit upon checkout)
Occasionally we will accept up to 2 small dogs with our signed pet addendum.
- There is a non-refundable $25/per dog pet fee.
- If you bring a pet without prior approval, there is a $50 fine for additional housekeeping.
- Guest is responsible for cleaning up all pet refuse. Any waste found outside the premises will incur a fee of $5 per incident. Any waste found inside the premises will incur an additional $100 fee for carpet/cleaning disinfecting.
- Pet is not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture will incur an additional $85 cleaning fee.
- Pets must be up to date on all vaccinations (proof may be required).
-All pets must be leashed at all times. Guest understands that the proximity of the road may be a source of danger for an unsupervised or an unleashed pet.
- Pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful illness to humans and pets.
- Pets will not damage premises. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage will be deducted from security deposit.
-Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
-Pets will not be left unattended for an undue length of time. Unless kenneled, pet will not be left unattended for long periods on porch, in garage, or in the house.
-Homeowners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner.
We are aware you love your pets, however we want to be respectful of those that have allergies! Please follow all pet rules!
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement") is made by and between The Haven Chalet, LLC (“Owner") and _________________ (“Guest") as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located at:
Munds Park, AZ 86017
The property is furnished and includes Refrigerator, deep-freeze, blender, toaster oven, toaster, ice tea maker, coffee maker, pots, pans, dinnerware, silverware, cooking utensils, washer, dryer, linens, towels, and blow-dryer.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons:
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 8 persons. An additional charge or $25 per person per night for guests in addition to 8 will be assessed.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 4 p.m. on ______________, 2017 (the “Check-in Date") and ends at 11 a.m. on _____________, 2017 (the “Checkout Date").
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a Two (2) night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday/summer periods. If a rental is taken for less than agreed upon time, the guest will be charged the nightly rate agreed to, set forth in Section 8.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Owner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Owner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees
a. Security Deposit: Any guest who confirms a reservation will be responsible for damages up to $200.00; however no charges will be made unless a claim is made within 48 hours after check out.
The security deposit deductions made would be due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Owner due to Guest's stay.
b. Cleaning Fee: A one-time non-refundable $110.00 cleaning fee is due.
c. Pets: If you bring a pet on the property without approval, there will be a $50 fine for the additional housekeeping.
If the premise appears dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Owner immediately.
c. Rental Rate:
$________ per night x ___ nights = $________
Cleaning fee (no refund) $110.00
TOTAL DUE $________
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival except fees
0% if cancelled than 1 week
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. Below are some references you may contact to purchase such insurance:
Payment: Acceptable payment methods are electronic personal check or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN). All payments are to be done via the Airbnb website.
By my signature below, I hereby agree to all terms stated herein. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Name (print) ____________ Name (print): _____________
Phone # (during stay):
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the home. This cabin is located in a forest prone to fires. Do not throw cigarette butts on the property as they can cause a fire.
2. Fireworks are not allowed on the property due to fire risk.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 8 persons. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. If more than 8 people are at the property without prior permission extra fees will be deducted from the deposit. If you have more than 8 people it may be allowed under some circumstances but please contact us to ask.
4. Guests are permitted to use the television, game console, and WIFI in a normal fashion. Renters agree to not tamper with any electronics equipment in the home. If the Guest is having issues operating the equipment, they should contact the owners immediately for assistance.
5. This property requires a Two (2) night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday/summer periods. If a rental is taken for less than agreed upon time, the guest will be charged the nightly rate agreed to, set forth in Section 8 of the Rental Agreement.
6. All of the units are privately owned; the Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
7. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
8. Please minimize noise and be respectful of adjacent homes.
9. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
10. Pets are NOT allowed unless pre-approved and the Pet Addendum must be completed. If pets are brought onto the property without pre-approval, a fee will be deducted out of the deposit.
11. Guests are not permitted to sit or lean on railings on the deck.
12. Children are not allowed to be left alone or unsupervised at the property so please supervise your child at all times.
13. Parking: Limited to 3 vehicles. A maximum of 2 vehicles are to be parked in garage and 1 vehicle may be parked right outside the garage. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
14. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Removal of towels or linens from the unit is not permitted.
15. Fireplace/Stove: Guest is responsible to provide all materials, i.e. wood, paper, etc., in order to use the fireplace. Please only use plain paper, wood, or other items, specifically intended for fireplaces, in the fireplace, no other combustible materials are permitted. Please ensure all fires are completely extinguished prior to vacating the premises.
16. Toilets: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products or wipes should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that anything other than toilet paper has been flushed and clogs the system, the Guest will be charged all applicable damages of up to $200. Furniture: No moving of furniture or accessories in the home. If moved, they need to be moved back. If heavy pieces (beds/tables/patio furniture, etc.) are moved there will be an additional charge from the cleaners of $15 per item.
18. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions. We do our best to stay on top of the weather conditions. Please know that we will attempt to have the driveway plowed as best as we can, however we are not on site so please contact us immediately and we will have the property plowed as quickly as possible.
19. The Renter shall abide by all local, State and Federal laws.
20. The Renter will be responsible for any fine and/or violation imposed on the owner due to the renter's negligence.
21. Owner/Agent does not permit loud gatherings. A disturbance caused by the Renter or Renter's Occupant's or Invitees that results in any police action, complaints from the neighbors is considered sufficient cause for immediate termination of this Vacation.
We currently live in Scottsdale however my husband and I both grew up in the snow (SLC, UT and Lincoln, NE). We bought this cabin with the hopes of giving our children a fun place to experience the snow as they grow up AND a quick cool retreat during the warm summer months. We're excited to share our home with friends and family and hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have.