A hudson valley treasure! 1880s renovated victorian in the hamlet of Rhinecliff with views of the Hudson river. Three bedrooms (one queen, one double, and one a nursery with full size futon) and 1.5 baths, one with clawfoot tub. Watch the sun set over the Hudson and listen to the cricket orchestra from the front porch. Drink your coffee on the back porch open to the kitchen and dining area via three sets of french doors. Soak up the green of the garden. Meander the winding cliff-side streets of the hamlet of Rhinecliff and dip your toe in the river at the Rhinecliff dock.
-small hamlet with gorgeous views of the Hudson and Catskill mountains.
-walking distance to amtrak train station (nyc- 1 hr 40 min train ride)
- walking distance to Rhinecliff Hotel (restaurant, bar, more views)
-3 miles to Rhinebeck (lots of restaurants and shops) and Dutchess County Fairgrounds (antique fair, sheep and wool festival, craft fairs etc.)
-15 minutes to Bard College.
-Near beautiful hudson valley walks (ferncliff forest, poet's walk) and farms for u pick.
- 2 miles to Wilderstein Preservation and close to other historic homes including Mills Mansion, FDR home and library, Val Kil, the Vanderbilt estate, Clermont and Olana.
- 15 minutes to the Aerodrome where you can watch a vaudeville show of WW II era planes and take short flights over the area in an open-air cockpit bi-plane
- 30 minutes to the town of Hudson for antiquing
- water taxi from Rhinecliff to Kingston so you can go to the maritime museum and have lunch in Kingston without even getting in a car!
- wireless Internet (note- no TV)
-Bosch dishwasher and top of the line washing machine and dryer
-La Cornue oven (note- no microwave)
- a/c in main living area and master bedroom (two north facing bedrooms cooled by fans)
- clawfoot bathtub
- large garden full of flowers in spring and summer
- large deck for sunbathing
- porch with hudson river views.
-hammock overlooking the town and river
-optional toys for tots available upon request as well as pack n play, baby pool, high chair and city mini stroller (these items are packed away unless specifically requested)
- we don't have a grill but can probably have one brought over for you if you are desperate to grill.
One note-- the rental is the upper two floors of our house, there is a separate basement level apartment that has full time tenants-- it is very unobtrusive, no shared ingress or egress and the garden, decks, porches are not shared.