Beautifully remodeled vacation home with plenty of room for the whole family. Private fenced back yard with hot tub. Just 5 minute walk to 26th Ave Beach. 10 min drive to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and a 7 minute drive to Capitola.
This lovely home has just recently been remodeled! It features 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths and a basic equipped kitchen. We have 3 kings, 1 queen, and 2 twin bunk bed sets. Our occupancy is 8 persons.
Note: Any additional guests will be assessed $50 per person per night fee. Pets are welcome at $25 per night per pet fee. (Please read our House Rules for more information.)
You have full access to the home except for the master bedroom closet and the garage.
County of Santa Clara requires us to collect an 11% Transient Tax fee per night. Airbnb collects that at time of booking.
By agreeing to book, each quest acknowledges that they have reviewed, accept, and shall abide by the provided House Rules on the Airbnb website.
"House Rules" (Rental Agreement) - Updated 7/1/17
As per the County of Santa Cruz requirements the Tenant (aka Airbnb Guest) agrees that once they book and pay for their stay at Seahaven in Santa Cruz, they acknowledge that they have completely read, understand and will abide fully the rules and regulations provided in the "House Rules" detailed below. House Rules are subject to change and be updated at any time. It is not the owner's responsibility to alert any guest of such changes. Airbnb guest agrees to review House Rules prior to their stay in order to be sure they are aware of any changes made.
1) OCCUPANCY: Seahaven “Owner”, and “Tenant” agree as follows: Above Tenant is an adult (at least 25 years of age) and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends or responsible adults. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories, and as a result they would have to vacate the property immediately without any refund. No more than 8 people will occupy the residence at a time as per County Code section (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)(D)(1)(d).
2) CELEBRATIONS/GATHERINGS: If you are planning on having friends or family over for barbeques or other gatherings it must be approved by owners (additional fee may apply). The maximum number of people allowed in the home for celebrations and gatherings between the hours of 8:00AM and 10:00PM is 16 persons as per County Code section (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)(D)(1)(d).
3) SECURITY DEPOSIT & CLEANING FEE: Airbnb and Trip Advisor guests will have a $500 REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT collected at time of booking. (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) users may choose to provide a $500 refundable deposit or purchase a non-refundable $59.00 Travel insurance plan administered by Customized Services Administrators, Inc (CSA) providing a $1,500 damage protection.
All guests are required to pay $150 Non-Refundable Cleaning Fee at the time of booking. The cleaning fee is not included in the rental cost. There is no cleaning service provided during your stay. The property must be left in a tidy state at checkout.
The property must be left in a tidy state at checkout. The General Housekeeping Checklist is provided on how to leave the property in this booklet and also posted.
Triggers of Unusual/Excessive Cleaning Clause - If unusual or excessive cleaning is necessary, the costs to perform the cleaning will be deducted from your Security Deposit. Items such as (but not limited to):
* buildup of sand that was not rinsed off prior to coming into the home
* buildup of sand in bathrooms, tub or shower
* spills on furniture, floors including food smeared on walls or floors
* excessive sand in hot tub
* bottles (including caps) in or around hot tub
* abnormally murky hot tub water
The home is carefully inventoried after each stay, if there are any missing items, broken items, long distance call charges, movie rentals, etc., you will be notified after checkout of the repair or replacement item and the costs of such will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
NOTE: There is an outdoor shower to rinse off sand, please use it!
4) RENT & TAXES: Rental amount is subject to change until reservation is booked. Santa Cruz County charges a transient tax for all vacation and hotel rentals (Santa Cruz County Revenue and Finance Code 424.030). Tax is NOT included in base rent. Taxes is 11% of rental costs (taxes are subject to change).
5) PETS: Pets are allowed with prior approval ONLY. There will be a $25 per night pet charge. Tenant is responsible to clean up pet droppings from property and place in outside trash prior to checkout. Any clean up required will constitute a $200.00 charge.
Having a pet on or in the property WITHOUT prior approval is constituted as a breach of contract and will cause your entire Security Deposit not to be returned.
6) SMOKING: This is a non-smoking house. Smoking is not permitted in or on the property.
7) MALFUNCTIONS OR NEEDED REPAIRS: In the event of a malfunction of breakdown of any elements in the home, please let the Owner or Owner’s representative know as soon as possible. We will have someone visit the property to assess the issue and if needed arrange repairs as quickly as practical. Tenant agrees to provide access to Owner or Owner’s representatives in order to remedy the situation with notice to Tenant. We will provide you updates on the status of the repair and try to provide alternatives where available.
Tenant agrees that there will be no refund for a malfunction or breakdown of any item. If a partial refund if offered, it is done so at the sole discretion of the owner if the owner is unable to remedy the situation.
Please do NOT remove from or move furniture within the home. Any damage will be assessed and charged against your deposit.
Please do NOT rewire, unplug, change settings, reprogram, or modify any of the appliances/electronic devices, including thermostats and water heater. Any repair work to rewire, reset, reprogram something you have changed will result in a $50 charge per hour for service to be done. If you have questions, please contact us.
8) LOSS OF USE, LIABILITY AND DAMAGE: Tenant shall indemnify and hold Owner free and harmless from any and all liability, claims, loss, damage or expenses including attorney fees arising by reason of any death, injury, illness or property damage sustained by any person including Tenant or any agent, employee, guest or invitee of Tenant where such death, injury, illness or property damage that is:
a. Allegedly caused by a negligent or intentional act of Tenant or any guest, invitee or agent of the Tenant, and/or,
b. Allegedly caused by a negligent or intentional act of Owner or any guest, invitee, agent or employee of Owner, unless there is gross negligence by owner.
Tenant agrees that there will be no rental refund and shall not hold Owner nor their agents liable for:
a) Loss of use of home or amenities within the home including interruption of utilities, loss of use of hot tub, interruption in kitchen or laundry features; or
b) Any damage to the tenant or invitees personal property from theft, vandalism, fire, water, rain, acts of God, acts of others or other causes whatsoever.
9) NOISE/NUISANCE: The Santa Cruz County Code Section 8.30.010 “Quiet Hours” will be strictly enforced. This code includes a 10:00PM curfew and “offensive noise” prohibition between the hours of 10:00PM and 8:00AM. Please be courteous to and show respect for our neighbors who are primarily permanent residents.
Should Tenant allow or participate in noises that are deemed a violation of the County Code, Tenant will be evicted and forfeit the remainder of the rental fee and the security deposit.
10) UTILITIES: Rental rates include utilities, except long distance telephone charges. You must use a phone calling card to make long distance telephone calls. Telephone service is provided for local calling only. All long distance calls must be made on your credit card or outside home.
Please conserve water as much as you can. We are in a drought and Santa Cruz Municipal Utilities is requiring conservation.
HEATER: Please do not attempt to program heater. You are welcome to turn it up and down when needed.
11) WHAT WE SUPPLY: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property (please do not rearrange the furniture) including bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, bath towels, as well as an equipped kitchen, Coffee Maker, Keurig, TV, stereo, washer and dryer, BBQ grill (not including propane) and outdoor furniture.
12) REPRESENTATION OF PROPERTY: Tenant acknowledges that the owner’s description and pictures of the listing found on Trip Advisor, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), and Airbnb represent the true condition and amenities of the home. However from time to time, items are permanently removed from the home or just removed for repair or maintenance. This includes items in the home such as TV’s, furniture and items outside the home such as the Hot Tub or BBQ. Owner will make every effort to inform tenant, when possible, if an item is removed or being repaired. No refunds are given if an item has been removed or is being repaired with or without notice to tenant.
13) WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING: Please bring your own toiletries, beach towels, paper towels, toilet paper (one roll for each bathroom will be provided at check in), paper goods (napkins, plates), food, etc. You need to supply your own propane gas for the gas BBQ. There are often tanks at the house that may have gas left over. You can fill or purchase tanks at Coast Gasoline 2178 41st Ave corner of Gross Rd and 41st Ave in Capitola (near Hwy 1) Phone: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) USE OF BEACH: 26th Avenue Beach is within a very easy walking distance from the house. There is a walking map available at the house. Tenant uses all beaches at their own risk. Please use the OUTDOOR SHOWER to rinse off sand before coming back into the property or using the hot tub.
Note: Excessive sand in the house may trigger the unusual or excessive cleaning clause.
15) TRASH: All trash and recyclables must be placed and secured in the corresponding bins on the side of the house as per County Code section 7.20.005, et seq.
***Trash pickup early Monday morning. If you are staying over a Sunday night, we would appreciate it if you take the garbage cans to the curb.***
16) NOTIFICATION OF REGULAR SERVICE & MAINTENCE: We have a few service professionals that come to the home. Our hot tub service that will come to the property twice a week. He enters through the gate and will not enter the home. The gardener comes twice a month through the gate and will not need to enter the home. Our pest technician comes once a month and usually only treats the exterior of the home, but in rare cases will need to access the interior of the home if there is an issue. Tenant will be notified if access is needed and will be performed at Tenant’s convenience.
17) EXTRA FOOD: Please discard extra food or beverages, do not leave leftovers/perishables in the property.
18) HOT TUB: Use of the hot tub is based upon the availability of the hot tub. From time to time it requires routine service. We cannot guarantee it’s availability during the tenants entire stay or at all.
When you arrive, feel free to turn up the heat on the hot tub to a maximum of 104 degrees. It takes approximately 3 hours to heat up. There are just a few general rules:
a. Rinse off any sand prior to going into the tub using the outside shower or garden hose. If excessive sand is found after your stay in hot tub or tub water is murky, it will trigger the Unusual/Excessive Cleaning Clause. We will not have the tub available to our next guest. We will charge you a $200.00 “Drain & Clean” to have the tub cleaned.
b. Replace the cover after each use.
c. NO GLASS containers, cups or bottle in or around tub.
d. Reduce temperature to 68 degrees prior to checkout.
REMEMBER: Excessive sand in hot tub, bottles (including caps) in or around hot tub or murky hot tub water upon check out WILL TRIGGER the Unusual/Excessive Cleaning Clause mentioned above and in section 3 of this contract. We will charge you a $200.00 “Drain & Clean” to have the tub cleaned.
***DO NOT LEAVE CHILDREN UNATTENDED IN THE HOT TUB.***
19) PARKING: The maximum number of vehicles allowed are 6 as per County Code section (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)(D)(1)(d). Please do not block or park in the driveway of any neighbor. Your car will be towed at your expense. Parking in the garage is NOT available.
20) IILEGAL ACTIVITY/FIREWORKS: Illegal activity and fireworks is strictly prohibited Santa Cruz County. Use of fireworks are is strictly enforced by Santa Cruz Police. Violation of this clause by any illegal actions on the part of the tenant or tenant’s guests shall be deemed grounds for immediate termination and eviction with no refunds of rent, tax, cleaning or deposit. If you are staying on the Fourth of July there are plenty of fireworks throughout the city.
21) WEATHER: No representations or warranties are made with respect to any weather conditions. Coastal weather can be hot, cold, drizzly, rainy, and windy all in one day. Regarding any natural disaster (earthquake, flood, etc), Tenant agrees to comply with instructions from Owner and any advisory statement from any local emergency authorities in a natural disaster situation. No refunds are given for any weather or natural disaster condition.
22) FIRES/FIREPLACE: Fireplace inside the property is GAS ONLY. Please do not put wood or anything else to burn in the fireplace. The key is on the mantle (please return it to its spot).
There is an outside fire pit for use on the back patio ONLY. Please do not remove. Tenant uses fire pit at their own risk. Owner provides no warranties and will not be held liable for any damage to tenant, tenant’s guests, or tenant’s property through use of fire pit. However, tenant will be held liable for any damage to the property related to the use of the fire pit. So please exercise common sense and caution.
Beach fires are allowed at several beaches, however check with local authorities to verify. Wood can be purchased at most every grocery store, Orchard Supply and Home Depot on 41st Ave.
23) INTERNET: WiFi internet service is provided for your use. No technical support will be provided. However if there is an issue we can fix over the phone, we will attempt to do so. The network is provided "as-is" without any warranty whatsoever. You assume all risks and responsibilities for use of the network. Owner makes no warranty that the network will be error free or free from interruption or failure, or that it is compatible with any particular hardware or software. You hereby acknowledge that the network may not be available or become unavailable due to any number of factors including, without limitation, periodic system maintenance, scheduled or unscheduled, acts of god, technical failure of the software, telecommunications infrastructure, or delay or disruption attributable to viruses, denial of service attacks, increased or fluctuating demand, actions and omissions of third parties, or any other cause reasonably beyond the control of the owner. You assume the entire cost of any damage resulting from your use of the network and the information accessed by the network, and the interaction (or failure to interact properly) with any other hardware or software whether provided by the owner or a third party. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will the owner be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, hardware or software disruption, impairment or failure, repair costs, time value or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use or inability to use the network, or the incompatibility of the network with any hardware, software or usage, the infection or download or upload of or by any virus, spyware, worm, offensive materials, copyright infringement, unlawful use, or any other use related damage, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
WIFI password is posted on the wall near the front door.
24) CANCELLATION: For bookings that are over a non-holiday period, a notice of cancellation must be in writing and received no less 30 days prior to your check in date. Bookings that ARE over a holiday period (Holidays: New Years, President's Week, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) a notice of cancellation must be in writing and received no less than 60 days prior to your check in date. If your notice of cancellation is received less than 30 days (non-holiday booking) or 60 days (holiday booking) you will forfeit all sums paid, unless we are able to rent the property to someone else, at the same rate, for the same period. If we are able to rent the home, we reserve the right to retain the $250.00 cancellation fee and refund the remaining rental costs. Cleaning fees will always be refunded.
As for Security Deposit, tenants with Airbnb, Trip Advisor and (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) who opted to do a $500 deposit, the deposit will be refunded. If (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) tenant opted to purchase the Customized Services Administrators, Inc (CSA) travel protection in the amount of $59.00, this fee cannot be refunded by owner. We suggest you contact (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) directly to inquire about it.
The Airbnb service fee is non-refundable. If there is a complaint from either tenant or owner, notice must be given to Airbnb within 24 hours of check-in. Airbnb will mediate when necessary and has final say on all disputes. A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the cancellation confirmation page on Airbnb.com under the Dashboard tab.
25) CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT TIMES: The check-in time will between 3:00-4:00PM (depending on rental calendar) and check-out time will be 11:00AM. An early check in or late check out may be provided by request depending upon property availability.
26) LOST OR STOLEN ARTICLES: Owner shall not have any responsibility for lost or stolen articles. There will be a $25.00 plus shipping fee for any items needing to be returned to tenant.
27) NOTICES: Any questions during your stay may be directed to the Owner or Owner’s Representative via email or cell phone. Robin (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or Rhian (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (EMAIL HIDDEN)
In cases of emergency, please dial 911.
If you have any questions or problems, I am always available via email, phone, or text.
Our parents purchased Seahaven in 2000 as a home for our families and dear friends to come to enjoy the sights and sounds of Santa Cruz, the beauty of the Monterey Bay, and and most of all to come together as a family to create lasting memories. Which it did for us and then some!
We are so pleased to share the love and joy of Seahaven with others.