Located in the lush hills above Frederiksted, the Garden House, designed by world renowned architect John Randal McDonald, offers the most beautiful grounds, comfortable accommodations, and privacy. 5 minutes drive from town and the beach!
- Wireless Internet throughout house. Great for family and business travelers.
- Roku-ready flatscreen TV. Access Netflix and thousands of other movie, music, and other streaming services.
- Guest rewards program. Returning guests get 10% off all future bookings.
- Construction of a new, separate ground-floor living quarters with bedroom, bathroom, kitchen.
5 minute drive from downtown Frederiksted, this Caribbean Shangri-La, designed by world renowned architect, John Randal McDonald, is situated in an affluent neighborhood in the green hills above.
- 2 bedrooms: Master bedroom with queen-size bed; Guest bedroom with set of twin beds. Each bedroom has a private bathroom and patio.
- Very spacious cathedral-ceiling great room furnished with couches, bookshelves, tables, TV/DVD/Internet, Caribbean artwork, and other furniture.
- Six seat covered dining area.
- Kitchen, fully furnished.
- Ceiling fans in all rooms.
- Downstairs sheltered patio.
- Large expanse of lawn with 100 ft. fruit, vegetable, and herb garden.
- 3 acres of grounds including lush plantings, ground covers, and surrounded by jungle and privacy.
- Full gated driveway with locking gate.
Maid/Housekeeping is available at extra charge to guests. A mandatory $80 cleaning fee is required for cleaning in between guest stays, but extra housekeeping/maid service is available for additional charges during a guest's stay if so desired.
If you are curious about the house's architect, John Randal McDonald, and his long and prominent career, look him up on the web. Plenty of information.
Entire upper floor living quarters and house grounds.
I may or may not be on the island during the time of your stay. If I'm not, my house manager and/or groundskeeper will be available to attend to your needs and questions.
Either one will meet you to give you the keys to the house.
I do request phone verification once a booking is made. I am always available to call for questions, concerns, and emergencies during the extent of your stay. My groundskeeper will be regularly on premises during daylight hours to tend the garden, fix house issues, and generally monitor the estate and grounds.
- We DO NOT rent to unknown locals for short-term, only tourists to the Island. If interested in long-term rental, we will consider on case-by-case basis.
- All water for the house comes from rain water-tanks on the roof that funnels through a powerful filtering system. Please keep showering to 5 minutes or less.
- The house is situated in a tropical rainforest zone. Therefore, jungle wildlife-- like Iguanas, Geckos, and some bush Rats--can be found here.
Basic precautions must be followed to keep the bush rats and other jungle wildlife out of the house at night (like putting all food away before bed and making sure screens on windows and doors are secured). The grounds are regularly treated by exterminators.
The main rule is to have fun, relax and enjoy the house. Please treat the house as though it was your own. Be mindful of the neighboring houses and don't blast music or be loud after 11pm. No cigarette smoking inside the house.
I had a career of over 30 years an art director in film and am now retired. I enjoy traveling and of course gardening. I put a lot of work into my properties, making sure that the gardens and landscapes are beautiful. I enjoy hosting new travelers and meeting new people. I divide my time between New York and the Caribbean.