Rick & Kathryn offer this quiet double bedroom + private bathroom on the top floor of a lovely Victorian house in a quiet and relaxed residential neighborhood in North London. East Finchley (Northern Line, Underground Zone 3) is safe, green and friendly, and was recently voted London’s happiest area. We are around a 12 minute walk to the station and then a 20 minute tube ride to the centre.
From this Autumn, the Northern Line will run for 24 hours at weekends as part of the new Night Tube.
* Come back after a stimulating day in the city to the peace and quiet of a traditional London residential neighbourhood and a good night's sleep! Guest tell us they sleep extremely well and wake refreshed.
* Central position in East Finchley, in easy walking distance of the Underground, bus routes and shops, restaurants and local services
* Available for stays of up to two weeks.
* The price includes a generous breakfast.
* Securely tucked away at the top of our house, and very private.
* A comfortable double restored antique bed with a single duvet each so no disputes! and ideal for friends, mothers and daughters, siblings etc.
* The benefits of a quiet residential street in a safe and friendly neighbourhood within easy reach of central London.
* Around 12 minutes walk to our tube station (East Finchley on the Northern Line) and around a 20 minute ride from there to most popular central London locations. Guests tell us getting into central London is quick and easy.
* All bed linen 100% cotton.
* Very comfortable Latex mattress.
* Adjacent private bathroom for your sole use, with shower and bath.
* Your view will be a panorama of trees and gardens, complete with birdsong.
* Your room has tea and coffee making facilities, hanging and storage space, and a strong WIFI signal.
* Your space is at the top of the house, so up two flights of stairs.
* Not suitable for small children due to stairs.
* We live with cats who have the run of the house, but not your room.
* A second room (with futon mattress) is sometimes available at weekends. Do ask for details.
* Breakfast is in our large kitchen/ breakfast room, catching the morning sun.
* You are welcome to make tea or coffee there, or borrow plates and cutlery to eat takeaways or meals heated in the microwave.
* You can do any washing using our washing machine and tumble drier.
* You can bring your laptop/ smart device downstairs to work or check messages, or relax in the breakfast room or in the garden at any time.
* This has been our home and workplace for 20 years.
* We are usually around to answer questions and offer suggestions to help you make the most of your stay in London. So please ask!
* In the evening we are always happy to share a bottle of wine or a beer and hear about your day.
* Our home is a spacious and beautifully modernized and restored Victorian house.
* We are both professionals. I am an art historian. I also enjoy teaching swimming. Kathryn is a therapist.
* We both enjoy meeting people and getting to know them.
* Between us, besides English, we speak Italian, German and some French.
* We enjoy art, cinema, reading, cooking, music, entertaining, walking in local green spaces, and lounging around in our garden.
* This is a quiet house in a peaceful area. It is also our work space.
* We get up early to work, so ask for quiet to be observed after 10pm and overnight
* No strong smelling products or chemical sprays to be used in the house
* You are welcome to smoke in the garden.
* Please respect our privacy in other rooms in the house.
* Please bring slippers to wear on the upper floors of the house.
* Take-away food may be eaten in the kitchen (microwave available) but not in the bedroom.
* We will do everything we can to make you comfortable and consider any reasonable request to make your stay more enjoyable.
* Sorry, no pets - our cats wouldn't stand for it!
* A charge will be made, should a guest lose the front door keys.
Eats, drinks and lives art
Very loyal to my friends
Loves Mediterranean food
Teaches and enjoys swimming (pupils aged 4-80, so far)
Loves guitar music - plays badly
Loves music, cinema, ceramics and reading
Explores London and its history
Likes gardening and spending time in the garden
Loves having friends over for dinner and chatting for hours
Enjoys meeting new people and making new friends
– "Love your friends, show generosity of spirit, live with endless optimism"