A peaceful, well located gite just 10 minutes walk from the bastide town of Navarrenx, yet feels that it's in the midst of the countryside. The gite offers two well-appointed bedrooms both with en suite bathrooms, living and dining areas, a fenced pool, great views of the Pyrenees, and a huge garden - great for children and pets! Navarrenx has a good choice of bistros, tavernes, bars and places of interest. We are open for bookings from April 1, 2017 onwards. (Nous parlons aussi français!)
We have renovated a beautiful contemporary gite on the Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle route in southern France, to offer a self-contained 2-bedroom accommodation on the doorstep of the Pyrenees.
Both bedrooms come with en suite bathrooms and share a central sun room, used as a dining room, and a living area with TV, seating etc.
There is also a double sofabed in the living area so that, at a squeeze, 6 guests could be accommodated.
* French and UK Freeview TV, DVD player
* Washing machine
* Kitchen with grill/microwave and gas/electric hob, plus an outside BBQ
* Garden games
* Baby travel cot (please bring your own baby's bed linen) and highchair available upon request
You have access to the self-contained 2-bed unit, plus a large lawned garden, a beautiful swimming pool as well as year-round views of the mountains.
We live in the main house when we let out the gite, so will be available to answer any queries or help out with any issues.
- In July and August we have a one-week minimum stay, Sunday to Sunday.
- Children are allowed in the pool only when an adult is there too. The gite has a large (fenced) garden and welcomes pets, but if yours comes to stay we would assume it is sociable and house trained, and has trained you to clear up after it.
- Please note that only the number of guests who have booked with us, and who we are aware of, will be allowed to stay in the Gite, use its facilities or park on our land. We do not allow caravans, campervans or tents with additional guests.
Ex-pat, who started off in Kenya in 1978 ... and ended up in Qatar for 8 years! Now sort of retired, and in the UK and France for 6 months each per year. Sons are dotted around the globe, so a bit of Air BnB beckons!