Luxurious, peaceful accommodation near the vibrant, historic city of Patan. 15 mins walk to cafés, bars, attractions, offices in Sanepa, Kupondole, and Jawalakhel. 24/7 electricity, hot shower & 50Mbps internet. Equipped kitchen with cooking fuel and in-house laundry. Travel advice from personal experiences + logistics support. Books, maps on Nepal.
Your accommodation is a spacious room with a large queen bed (60" X 78"), wooden floor, and private balcony. You will share a bathroom, with shower, with another room in the same floor. Your room is a luxurious accommodation for one individual and comfortably fits two.
Our home is small yet resourceful. When you enter our space, you immediately pass through a large garden, vegetable beds, and cozy outdoor seating areas. Your hosts - SherpaShah - stay in the two bedrooms in the ground floor. The ground floor also has a large shared kitchen, equipped with utensils and cooking fuel, that you can use to prepare meals or hang out with other guests. The first floor has a spacious terrace which is covered by a glass roof and has an open air-flow. There are three bedrooms, including your own, in this floor. The second floor opens into a large rooftop terrace, which you can use.
Guests have access to the entire house, except other private bedrooms. Feel free to lounge outside in the garden or work on the vegetable and herb garden. There are numerous outdoor seating, where you can retreat into your book or work. The shared kitchen is completely open to use; cook meals, hang out in the large table, host dinners! Also, you are invited to use the lounging area in the terraces in first floor and rooftop.
In-house laundry service, machine and handwash, is available for additional pay.
Your hosts, SherpaShah, are two friends who have passion for travel and social change. We love to meet travelers and interact when we are not busy with our professional work. Even when we are away, our team - Jeevan (house manager) and Sabita (homemaker) - will make sure your stay is comfortable.
Our home is also a community hub that brings together curious minds and accomplished professionals - travelers and city residents - from all walks of life to inquire about personal responsibility for social good. We are working on urban sustainability - food production, zero waste, and greywater recycling - and a building a community library within our space. During your stay, you will immediately find yourself surrounded by a unique group of people, in Kathmandu, who work hard, play hard, think deep, and dream big.
1. Our B&B is quite resourceful and opens its space to diverse group of people, including visually-impaired colleagues who operate a small massage clinic. Please be mindful of your actions, maintain an awareness for other guests and patrons, and take care of your belongings.
2. You can invite friends over to hangout at our space. However, all unregistered guests (outside of your booking request) must be accompanied by you and shouldn't be left alone in the house.
3. Smoking is not allowed inside the house. You can use open spaces and your balcony.
4. Please clean the kitchen area immediately after cooking and eating. Only keep your stuff in designated areas in kitchen.
5. Please contact us if you intend to bring pets.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 117 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
Welcome to the vibrant Kathmandu valley!
Our valley is large and diverse, yet we know it intimately! While the urban core of the valley can get crowded, loud, and challenging, it also offers incredible opportunities to explore ancient religions, old architecture, and incredible cultural heritage. Kathmandu and Patan, in its unity, is a city of 4 million people in the day but a town of 4000 people late in the night; you run into your friends everywhere.
During your stay in Kathmandu, your exploration need not limit itself in the durbar squares or backpackers’ areas; just beyond the city core, and within 30mins drive, are rice fields, old towns, hikes, bike trails, adventure sports, and incredible sights. One thing for sure, you might come for the mountains, but you will return for the people.
We are two friends, born and raised in different socio-cultural identities within the territories of Nepal. Pemba grew up in terraced farms near rugged mountains, and Jason came of age running through narrow alleys of fertile valley plains. Apples and Oranges, if you will! We met as 'couchsurfers' in Kathmandu valley, which we both call home now.
As we started hanging out, drinking, dancing, and sharing our ideas, we realized that we both shared similar ideas of a "good life". Hence, we have set forth with a multidimensional platform "SherpaShah," combining our last names, to forge enterprises and initiatives that champion grassroots sustainability, urban renewal, sharing economy, civic responsibilities, and introspective travel.
We love traveling for conversations and inspirations, not necessarily for the newness of places or people. Along the way, we have heard incredible personal stories and met exceptional practitioners of social change; these experiences inspire us to live a life of creativity, camaraderie, community, and challenges. Irrespective of destinations, we share the fascination with sights and sounds of daily life in its vernacular. We hope you travel similarly.
As you develop ideas to explore the vastness of Nepali landscape and diverse cultures, we want to offer you our experiences in planning your travel! Come, stay with us to begin :) Our SherpaShah crew, a team of young, passionate Nepalis, are excited to host you in our homes and invite you to our communities!
All room listings belong to our two homes:
1. PATANsquared: This beautiful home is located just outside the historic city of Patan. We are very close to attractions, cafes, restaurants, bars, and music venue. Public transportation is easy, cabs are available, and there are lot of options for shopping - grocery or souvenirs. All 6 rooms of this house are listed on airbnb. Beside being our home, PATANsquared is an urban community hub that brings together curious minds and accomplished professionals - travelers and city residents - from all walks of life to inquire about personal responsibilities for social good. We host free walking tours of Patan every Thursdays, homemeade dinners and discussions on food systems every alternate Fridays, and "Sunny Bar Brunch" - with great food and attractive cocktails - every Saturdays. As our guests, you are invited to all of these events, or you can stay in the privacy of your room or relax in our terraces, if you prefer.
2. Dhulikhel GetAway: This luxurious home is tucked away in leafy surroundings of Dhulikhel just one hour outside the city. Overlooking the Himalayas, our home is a great place to rejuvenate, relax, and rejoice with your friends. Jason set up and operated a learning center - with natural buildings and organic agro-forestry - in a village nearby for two years and still hosts experiential learning programs for students regularly. We have incredible relationship with the residents of this town, and we leverage these partnerships to organize hikes, monastery stays, old town tours, organic farm visits, bike trips, and cooking courses. When you book to stay, you get the privacy of an entire home. Nepali meals are prepared and delivered by a local family on request.
Please look just below our profile information, on the left side of this web-page, to see all our room listings.