The cottage is built on a 30,000 sq ft lot. A winding unpaved driveway brings you to the garage (not open) and the cottage entrance.
The key feature of the property is the 500 sq ft concrete boathouse deck that runs right to the water and puts you a story above the lake shore. As the photos show, the westward facing deck offers spectacular sunsets. About half of the deck is surrounded by tall pines, which shades half the deck during the hot summer months.
The cottage was built in the late 50's and my family added a master bedroom and 2nd bathroom in the early 80's. The cabin is carpeted throughout. Everything about the place is geared toward comfort and relaxation. The furniture is all upholstered and overstuffed.
Much of the rustic charm of the original place remains in this 1,500 sq ft cottage. The solid pine-board living area is dominated by a sandstone wood-burning fireplace with a limestone hearth. A wood burning stove sits adjacent to the fireplace and faces the small, open kitchen.
One the best features of the cottage is the 50 linear feet of floor-to-ceiling windows that open to the boathouse deck and then to the lake beyond. One truly feels the outside, inside.
Minimum rental term is 5 from Memorial Day to Labor Day weekends. All other times it is two days. We offer a $150 discount for every 7 night rented.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The property is privately owned. Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of Guests’ personal belongings or valuables. By making a Deposit or paying the full Rental Fee, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to 3 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked on the property only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels.
9. Fireplace: The fireplace is wood burning. The flue is manually operated. Guest agrees to take full responsibility for operating the fireplace and agrees to open the flue prior to use and to close the flue after use. Guests assume full responsibility for any damages to premises or furnishing caused by failure to operate Fireplace according to these instructions.
10. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. The well water may have an odor to certain noses and it is not softened. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, Homeowner could charge Guest for all costs associated with repairing entire septic system, including fees for lost rental income.
11. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms.
12. Checkout: Guest agrees to strip all beds, gather and place all towels and soil
ed sheets in the laundry area and start at least one load of towels or sheets prior to departure. Please place the keys on dryer next to exit door.
We live in the beautiful town of Evanston, IL. I have used Airbnb to rent and to rent out my own rental property.
I am a serial entrepreneur having started 5 businesses. Currently I am helping to grow a young business in the insurance sales and services business.
3 of the 5 things I can't live without are my wife and kids. The other two vary depending on what has captured my attention.
I spent a good part of a decade traveling all over the world for work and pleasure...I think my favorite city is Paris but that can change at any time. Favorites: Shawshank Redemption, Prince of Tides, House, Alternative Music and lobster red potatoes.
With my own rentals, I understand guests' concerns. I say, treat a property you are renting from an individual better than you treat your own home. Owner rentals rarely have dedicated cleaning staff so be cool.