Five bedrooms, sleeps 12, in the centre of a mountain village in Montseny National Park.
Can Capella is a detached villa with private pool and gardens, walled grounds, spectacular views. Two minute walk to central town square.
H.U.T. - HUTCC - (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Can Capella is a detached villa with private pool, available on a weekly, self-catering basis for large families and business groups seeking the peace and tranquility of this world class (UNESCO) nature reserve region of Catalonia. The historic villa was built in 1900 for Spanish nobility and is located in the centre of the picturesque village of Viladrau. It has extensive lounge and dining space with all rooms and hallways built to a grand scale. Nature lovers will enjoy the three huge terraces with breathtaking Montseny mountain views. It has five large bedrooms and two bathrooms on the top floor, with cloakrooms on each of the other two floors. Designed for entertaining with huge dining spaces, the house has three lounges, so it's easy to find a quiet corner. Children are well catered for with a separate tv lounge, toys and games, table tennis and outdoor play area with slide, swings and climbing tree. The house is surrounded by walled grounds, so the swimming pool, table tennis, sauna, gardens, bbq, outdoor dining and parking are secure and very private. Just two minutes walk to the main town square and within easy reach of Barcelona, Girona, the Costa Brava Mediterranean and Pyrenees.
Guests enjoy exclusive access to the house, gardens, pool, private parking and walled grounds. Our local house manager will meet you for check-in and give you keys. The house is very private, yet in the centre of the village - so it's only a two minute walk to the main town square.
Our local English speaking (French, Spanish and Catalan too!) house manager will meet you on arrival and will help familiarise you with the house and local area.
The rental price includes all linens, cleaning, utilities, taxes, etc. - even pool towels!
Jexcel Group Ltd. agrees to rent to (Name of Party Leader) of (Address), and party (the Guest/s), the vacation property detailed in your ‘Reservation Confirmation' which also outlines the rental timeframe and maximum occupancy.
The house will be delivered in good order, clean, fully furnished and with fresh towels and linens. Jexcel Group Ltd. has contracted with local utilities to provide water, heat and electricty. Jexcel Group Ltd. is not responsible for outages on the part of these utility providers.
It is our responsibility to provide a safe environment for your stay. We will have taken all reasonable steps for your safety. We cannot however be responsible for your negligence. We do not accept responsibility i) if any death or personal injury occurs or ii) for failure or deficiency of your accommodation arrangements if not caused by any fault of ours. We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (loss of enjoyment, for example), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
(a) the fault of the Guest(s) affected or any member(s) of their party, or
(b) the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your accommodation by us which we could not have predicted or avoided, or
(c) an event or circumstance which could not have been predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care.
We shall not be liable for any loss, breach or delay due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
We cannot be held responsible for the breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, swimming pool filtrations systems. We cannot be held responsible for noise or disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the property or which is beyond our control.
Rental rates provided by Jexcel Group Ltd. are all-inclusive. There are no additional fees for utilities, cleaning, laundry or taxes.
You agree, in consideration of the use and occupancy of this property, to the following conditions:
1. GUEST IDENTIFICATION: You are at least 25 years of age and are making this reservation for yourself. As such, you will personally be present at check-in and will present your passport photo page to the agent appointed by Jexcel Group Ltd., if requested. If paying by credit card via (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), the name on your passport must be recognisable as the name on the credit card used to secure your reservation.
2. GUEST RESPONSIBILITY: You take full responsibility for all occupants, also referred to as Guest(s), on the premises during your stay.
3. DAMAGE DEPOSIT: A €500 or £500 Damage Deposit must be paid in cash upon arrival. This Damage Deposit is 100% refundable given that:
a) all provisions of this agreement are complied with;
b) the house and contents are left in good order, clean and with no breakage or damage beyond normal wear and tear.
In the event of resultant damages beyond normal wear and tear, Guest agrees to reimburse Jexcel Group Ltd. the actual costs arising from excessive clean-up, missing items, repairs, replacement, and, if necessary, costs incurred for removing Guest(s) from the property. Guest responsibility is not limited to the Damage Deposit amount of €500 or £500.
NOTE: An agent appointed by Jexcel Group Ltd. will endeavour to assess the premises and return your Damage Deposit upon check-out. However, we reserve the right to retain the entire amount at our discretion in order to perform a more thorough check-out evaluation. If this occurs, your Damage Deposit will be repaid to you no later than three weeks (21 days) after check-out, less any amount deducted, if necessary. Please assist us in returning your Damage Deposit in full by ensuring that the premises are in good order upon check-out.
4. CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT: Check-in is at 5pm, check-out is at 10am. Guests are expected to notify us of arrival time so we can make sure everything is ready. Early check-in is sometimes possible, on request. If you are expecting to be late please let us know so we can make sure there is a drink chilling for you!
NOTE: There is a €40 charge for check-ins after 9:30pm.
(In addition, there is a €50 late fine for each hour, or fraction thereof, that Guest(s) stays beyond the contracted check-out time, thereby impeding the preparation of the property for the next guests.)
5. PHONE: There is no fixed phone line available.
6. SPECIAL REQUESTS AND MEDICAL PROBLEMS: If you have any special requests please advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to meet any reasonable requests we cannot guarantee that any request will be met. If you or any member of your party has a medical problem or disability that may affect your stay, please inform us prior to confirming your booking so that we can advise as to the suitability of our property.
We will advise if we feel that our property is not suitable and will try and recommend an alternative.
7. EXTRA VISITORS: For insurance purposes, only the contracted Guest(s) as listed on the Reservation Confirmation email may be onsite at the property. As such, parties, meetings, over-occupancy, etc., are expressly forbidden. Violation of this clause will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
8. PETS/SMOKING: No pets. No smoking. Pets or smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
9. COMPORTMENT: Guest(s) will peacefully and quietly occupy the premises and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to the neighbours. Guest(s) will not permit activities on the premises that are contrary to any law, ordinance and/or applicable health or fire provisions. Violation of these conditions will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
10. PARKING: Parking for up to three cars is provided at the property and is also available on the street in front of the property.
11. LATE PAYMENTS: If Final Payment is not received at least 60 days prior to your arrival, your reservation will be cancelled so that we can attempt to re-rent the property and, hopefully, refund your monies as described below.
12. PROPERTY UNAVAILABLE: If your chosen property, due to an act of God, major outage, etc., is not available upon arrival, we will promptly refund your payment in full.
13. CANCELLATION BY JEXCEL GROUP LTD.: Once your booking is confirmed, we will not accept any other offers -- no matter how financially attractive -- for your chosen dates. Your reservation is guaranteed.
14. CANCELLATION BY GUEST: Guest may cancel a reservation at any time, for any reason. In the event of you cancelling, any refund to you will only be made in accordance with section 15.
15. CANCELLATION REFUND: The amount of refund depends upon us re-letting the property. It will range from a full refund (minus the Cancellation Fee) if we are able to re-let for the whole period and the same rate, to no refund if we cannot re-let at all. The sooner cancellation plans are communicated, the more time will be available to re-let the property for an equal number of days, generating a maximum refund. (As of July 2008, we have reduced our Cancellation Fee to €100 plus any credit card/bank fees.)
16. TRAVEL INSURANCE: Please purchase travel insurance to protect yourself from unexpected changes in plans or the unavailability of the property in accordance with section 12.
17. LOST ITEMS: Please contact us promptly if you believe you have left personal belongings at the property after check-out. Items left on the premises will be held for 30 days before being donated to charity or discarded. Any valuables left at the property are left at your own risk.
18. SPECIAL ACCESS: The property is not equipped for the elderly or handicapped. Although some complementary child-safety features may be provided, Jexcel Group Ltd. is not liable for the safety of children.
19. REPORTING PROBLEMS: Guest agrees to promptly report to Jexcel Group Ltd. or his appointed agent any and all mechanical, electrical, plumbing or other problems with the premises.
20. OWNER ACCESS: With a minimum of 24 hours notice, Jexcel Group Ltd. or any appointed agent of his, shall have the right to enter and inspect the premises at reasonable times to ensure maintenance and safety and to show to prospective tenants or buyers. In an emergency, Jexcel Group Ltd. or any agent appointed by him may enter at any time without securing prior permission of Guest(s).
21. RESIDENTIAL USE/SUBLETTING: The premises shall be used for residential purposes only. Guest may not let, sublet, or assign this rental agreement.
22. TENANCY LIMITS: This agreement does not create a long-term tenancy for the property. Guest(s) can be removed from the property without process of law if they do not depart at the check-out day and time indicated in the "Reservation Confirmation" email and this agreement..
23. LIABILITY: Jexcel Group Ltd. will not be liable to the Guest(s) for any loss, damage or injury incurred at the property, or through the use of any equipment or facilities, other than death or personal injury arising as a consequence of the gross negligence of the owner. Under no circumstances will Jexcel Group Ltd.'s liability exceed the amount paid by the tenant for the rental period.
24. YOUR CONTRACT: A binding contract between the party leader and Jexcel Group Ltd. comes into existence when we dispatch our confirmation to the party leader. These contracts, and all matters arising out of it, are governed by English law. Jurisdiction is within the courts of the United Kingdom.
25. CHANGES MADE BY YOU: Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify us by email as soon as possible. While we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet any such requests.
Ex. London city worker, retired to restore this house and experience Catalan life! Now working on an old wooden yacht in Sandwich, Kent. Four children at school & university.