This authentic, historical, 120 year old stone miner's cottage takes you back to 'Yesteryear' but with all modern comforts. Fully self-contained. Recently renovated. Sleeps 4 in two bedrooms. Comfortable lounge with DVD library. Full kitchen facilities. Quiet area. Spa. Heating and cooling and close to attractions and shops. Enclosed backyard/garden, BBQ and secure parking in back yard for 4 cars, a boat, and room for a pony (if you happen to bring one!). Close to attractions.
A MINER'S REST was built in 1896 and is a true stone miner's cottage. While we have restored the house keeping the historical side of things intact, you will not lack for comfort or pleasure!
Our costs are $140 per night per couple,
$25 for each extra adult guest pn and $10 per child pn.
SPECIALS: Stay 4 nights & get a $50 discount for the 5th night OR.....
Stay 5 nights and have the 6th for free!
A Longer stay? Let us discuss a good discount for you!
ST PAT'S RACES WEEKEND - $200 per night. 3 night minimum stay
WHAT'S 'A MINER'S REST' LIKE?
"WHAT WONDERFUL ACCOMMODATION! When arrived the first time, we opened the door to find a beautifully restored little gem. This was what we'd hoped for. This was what we imagined we had booked. This was what we got. Thank you!!!..."
- Jessica& Corey, Sept 16
* The cottage is beautiful, historical, fresh and is always presented in a SPOTLESS condition for you and your family
* Close to main shopping centre and 4mts to local shops
* The 'Lavender' heritage bedroom has a queen bed. The 'Rose' bedroom has two single beds and a fold out. Sleeps 4/5
* You sleep in soft Egyptian 400 count linen and plenty of soft towels available also
* There is cool aircon and cosy heating in winter to make your stay perfectly comfortable
* You can watch a movie on the flat screened TV with a huge selection of DVDs for kids and adults in the stretch-out comfortable lounge room
* Or perhaps enjoy a romantic candlelight Spa after the kids have splashed around and gone to bed
* The full kitchen has a dishwasher and complimentary tea, coffee, milk, and all condiments supplied
* Full laundry with washing powder and spray starch etc there for you
* You can Watch the sunset as you barbeque on the back verandah with family and friends..
* Or enjoy a game of cricket or footy in the large back yard.
* It's close to the new BH Village shopping centre, Centro shopping centre, tourist centre, art galleries, clubs and 'pubs', attractions and just a short walk to 'Takeaways'
* Off street secure parking for 3/4 cars and a boat
Broken Hill is an exciting town and the cottage is not far from the things you may want to see.
We do advise a car though as you may want to visit Silverton 23kms away or the Menindee lakes 1 hour away.
We do love to chat with our guests when they book if it's possible so we can answer any questions they may have, or if guests prefer, we can organise everything by email.
We are only a phone call away if you need us.
Keys are kept for guests in a key safe and available anytime.
We have been very lucky owners, as in the last 8 years we have only had guests who respect the property, surrounding neighbours and leave the cottage as they found it.
We do allow pets at - a cost of $20 per stay - only if owners are fastidious in caring for their pets and can vouch for their behavior.
We are people who have fallen in love with restoring old houses.
'A Miner's Rest' circa 1896, and 'Ella's Place' circa 1903 are just two of our restorations that will give you a taste of outback Australia and the miner's life as it used to be in the 1800's, but with the comfort of all 'mod cons'.