Come enjoy our cabin in Big Bear Lake. Vintage skis, cedar ceiling, historic maps and rustic hunting decor take you back to old Big Bear. We are right around the corner from Holloway's Marina and walking distance to Alpine Slide, restaurants and Mountain Brewery. The Village and ski slopes are only a short drive away. After some adventure come back and relax in the hot tub, grill on the back deck, play some ping pong in the garage, and enjoy a vast DVD/streaming library. Trained dogs considered.
This cozy well appointed 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom cabin is perfect for families and friends and can comfortably sleep 6 people (Big Bear Lake City states we can only accommodate up to 5 people and 3 cars per signage). The living room and kitchen feature wood floors and are connected with a small counter which creates an open feel whether people are cooking, playing one of many available board games or watching streaming movies on the Roku (Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix) or DVDs on the 46" TV mounted above the wood burning fireplace. Both bedrooms are upstairs with carpeted floors - one room has a queen size Alexander Signature Series memory foam bed and Easy Breather natural pillows from Nest Bedding and is connected to the half bath and the other room has two full size beds - an Alexander Signature Hybrid and a Love Bed from Nest Bedding, both with Easy Breather natural pillows - with access to the front balcony. Each bedroom has a 32" Roku TV with streaming services (Amazon Prime and Hulu) mounted on the wall. The full bath with tub/shower is downstairs off the kitchen. Wall heater and wood burning fireplace to keep you warm and cozy in the winter. While a ceiling fan in the living room and standalone fans in each bedroom help keep the air moving during the summer months. Big Bear summers are typically an escape from the heat and don't require A/C, so open the windows and enjoy the mountain breeze.
Garage is equipped with a washer and dryer to keep everything clean and dry after a day on the trail or hitting the slopes. Enjoy a game of ping pong in the garage or take a break waiting your turn on the love seat couch and hand crafted coffee table. Garage is only heated to prevent freezing so it can get a little chilly during winter - nothing a jacket or sweatshirt can't fix!
There are two decks (front and back) where you can enjoy the outdoors and grill. Electric grill makes it super easy so you don't have to worry about charcoal or running out of propane. Six-person spa is located on the back deck.
You won't be disappointed with this lovely, inviting cabin near the lake and ski resorts.
Trained small dogs considered. No cats.
Wireless Internet provided.
Bedding and towels provided.
Detailed house manual with pictures hopefully makes everything work as if you were at home!
Guests will have access to a well equipped kitchen including grind and brew coffee maker to enjoy fresh whole beans (we love our coffee!!!), six-person hot tub, ping pong table in garage (garage is not heated), washer/dryer, easy electric grill, decks, outdoor seating, DVDs, board games and more! If it's there, it's yours to use!!!
We pride ourselves on having great interactions with our guests, but this is your getaway so we'll keep it to a quick check-in unless you need us. Feel free to reach out with any questions at any time! We are available via airbnb messaging, email or phone and typically respond very quickly. Please feel free to leave a review at the end of your stay. We appreciate guest feedback and positive reviews on airbnb!!!
PIN code doors for easy access personalized with your phone number (seven digits excluding area code). No need to search for keys, remember to send them back or worry about losing them in the lake or snow. Last minute bookings made super easy!
If you're arriving late please let us know and we'll leave some lights on for ya and turn up the heat in the winter!!!
Check out bigbear com to see what events are going on when you're in town.
Our rules are simple:
- Treat our home the way you'd want your home treated (or your mom's house).
- Respect our neighbors. Many are full time residents.
- Small, house-trained dogs are allowed (no cats, sorry!).
- No Smoking.
- Take your trash with you when you leave to the Clean Big Bear sites on your way out of town.
The city of Big Bear Lake, airbnb dispute resolution and our insurance company prefer the much much longer version:
This Guest Occupancy Agreement and Exhibit A (the “Agreement”), entered into this ___th day of ___________, 20__ by and between Kristen (“Homeowner”) and __________________ (“Guest”). For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
Primary Guest Name:_____________________
CA Drivers Lic #:_____________________
The Property is located at: disclosed by airbnb after booking
1. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Adults and Children (under age 18). The maximum number of guests is limited to five (5) persons.
2. Term of the Agreement: The occupancy begins at 3:00 p.m. on the “Check-in Date” (4:00pm between December 15 and January 10) and ends at 11:00 a.m. on the “Check-out Date”. No refunds are issued for late check-in or early departure.
3. Rental Rate and Fees: Rent shall be payable upon execution and delivery of this Lease Agreement by agreed upon means or through the respective booking site’s policy.
4. Security Deposit: The Security Deposit or Rental Insurance provided by booking site is required to protect Homeowner from loss or damage to the Property, including the house, its furniture and other contents located on the Property. Any damage to the Property during the term of the lease or additional cleaning required will be paid from the security deposit and the balance remaining, if any, will be refunded to Guest within 15 days after the Check-out date or per the respective booking site’s policy. Guest will be responsible for any excess cost of repair or replacement required as a result of damage caused by the Rental Party or other invitees during the lease term, and Guest shall pay the same promptly to Homeowner upon written request, provided such written request is accompanied by documentation of such excess costs of repair or replacement.
5. Rental Rules: Guest and all members of the Rental Party shall abide by all local, state and federal laws and regulations at all times in conjunction with the rental of the property. Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. At the termination of this Agreement, Guest shall quietly yield up the Property in good and habitable condition in all respects, as it was when the Guest took possession.
6. Liability: Guest and all members of the Rental Party personally assume all risks of property loss or damage and physical injury or death that exist or may exist in connection with use or occupancy of the Property. Guest and all members of the Rental Party release Homeowner and any other owners of the Property from any claim for damage, accident or injury that and any members of the Rental Party may sustain from use or occupancy of the Property during the term of this Agreement and agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Homeowner and any other owners of the Property from any claim, action or proceeding by Guest and all members of the Rental Party, their family, estate, heirs or assigns related to a claim for damage, accident or injury during the use or occupancy of the Property.
a. Use of any hot tub, and/or fireplace carries risk that may result in serious injury or death. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 12 ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE HOT TUB AT ANY TIME. Supervise all other children at all times to decrease risk of injury, death or drowning. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) state that becoming overheated in a hot tub is not recommended during pregnancy. Elderly persons and anyone subject to heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, strokes, epilepsy or similar afflictions should not enter the hot tub without consulting their physician. Never use a spa while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or if you are taking medications of any kind, or being treated for any illness. The spa should be kept at a temperature less than 104 degrees for personal safety and all bathers must shower before and after use to decrease the possibility of skin problems. DO NOT SIT OR WALK ON THE SPA COVER, or it will collapse.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner and their agents, upon request, to enter the property at all times for purposes of repair, improvement, and inspection.
8. Other: Guest shall not assign the lease or sublet the Property. The terms of this Agreement will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, San Bernardino County.
9. Cancellation Policy: The Reservation Deposit is required upon execution and delivery of this Agreement. The Reservation Deposit shall be nonrefundable and is forfeited if not used or the respective booking site’s refund/cancellation policy.
10. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are by check, credit card or associated booking site’s method.
This Agreement shall be deemed accepted by Homeowner upon Guest complete acceptance and signing of this Agreement, and confirmation of receipt of all rental amounts due and as evidenced by the issuance of airbnb Confirmation number ________.
EXHIBIT A: RENTAL RULES
The city of Big Bear Lake has the following requirements for overnight guests. This property is located within a residential community and controlled by City Ordinances regulating the Transient Occupancy of Private Homes. This Property is permitted for a maximum of five (5) occupants. Any violations of Law or excess occupancy of the property may result in civil fines and/or immediate forfeiture of the rented property without refund.
1. Maximum number of permitted overnight guests is five (5).
2. Maximum number of vehicles allowed to be parked on the property is three (3).
3. Guests will respect the neighborhood at all times and quiet will prevail from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am.
4. There is no on street parking in Big Bear Lake. The city may fine or tow vehicles that block snow plow equipment and/or are parked illegally.
5. Guests will not have any open fires and comply with any Fire Department restrictions.
6. The City of Big Bear Lake requires that trash is removed by the guests. You will be charged $15.00 per bag of trash that is left on this property. Put ashes in the ash bucket or leave in the fireplace. Trash can be dropped at Big Bear disposal: 39690 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315 or 41974 Garstin Dr, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315. Please keep all trash indoors to prevent feeding the wildlife.
In addition, the following are house rules to ensure your own safe and comfortable stay (and keep our insurance company satisfied) and to provide the same for the renters following you.
1. Checkout time is 11:00 am. Failure to abide by this may result in a charge of a full days rent, which may exceed the average nightly rate of the agreement.
2. Absolutely no smoking permitted inside this property. Failure to abide by this rule will result in full loss of Security Deposit.
3. People other than those in the Guest party and above the occupancy limit may not stay overnight in the property. Any person on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are subject to over occupancy charges of $100 per night per person over the agreed upon occupancy.
4. The Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the Property. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the Property.
5. All furnishings are to be kept in good order. Use appliances only for their intended uses. Household items (towels, utensils, games, etc.) are not to be removed from the Property.
6. Small (under 15 lbs) house trained dogs are permitted only with prior approval.
7. There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the rental rate, but we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home.
8. Hot tub rules:
a. Use the hot tub at your own risk.
b. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person. DO NOT WALK OR STAND ON COVER as it may break.
c. Open and Close hot tub appropriately as described on the instructions located on the hot tub and in the House Manual.
d. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
e. Set the tub to 104 F or lower on Checkin and return to 80 F on Checkout.
f. DO NOT TURN OFF THE HOT TUB AT ANY TIME.
g. Six (6) person maximum hot tub occupancy.
h. No food or drink shall be allowed in the hot tub.
i. No body lotions shall be allowed in the hot tub.
j. Rinse off before entry.
k. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to use the hot tub at any time. All others must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
l. Hot tub will be left in the same condition as it was found upon entry of the lease agreement.
m. If the hot tub is damaged or hot tub water is otherwise mistreated during my tenancy then I will be charged a minimum $100 fee. NO SUBSTANCES MAY BE ADDED TO OR MISTAKENLY SPILLED INTO THE WATER THIS WILL RESULTS IN A MINIMUM $100 DRAIN AND FLUSH FEE. If upon arrival, I find that the hot tub has been previously misused, or water is not clear and free of foreign substances, I understand it is my responsibility to immediately contact the Homeowner, otherwise I will be responsible for any fees.
n. Lock hot tub with cable and lock for child safety and return key to welcome pouch folder (lost key is subject to $40 replacement charge).
9. Roads in Big Bear are well maintained. However, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not provide refunds due to road or storm conditions.
10. Disclaimer: This property is located in the mountains and surrounded by wildlife including but not limited to: raccoons, squirrels, coyotes, snakes, bears, cougars, deers, fleas, ticks, ants, mosquitos and many other insects and animals. Please keep trash indoors until it is properly disposed of, as previously mentioned. Please take extreme caution with pets around the cabin. Any Guest claims of infestation are taken seriously and will be referred to a professional for further evaluation if no evidence of infestation or Guest is found to be the cause of such infestation then Guest will be charged for all damages and incurred charges. Be cautious of allergies especially during spring, summer and fall seasons. Be cautious of snow and ice on the ground, stairs, decks, walkways, driveways and overhead especially during fall, winter and spring seasons.
Hard copy House Manual with instructions is available at the cabin.
Hello All! I am thrilled to share our family cabin with you as it has already created many wonderful memories for my family and me. Having grown up in the flat lands of Texas and then marrying a San Bernardino Mountain native, I have found that I love escaping the day-to-day Los Angeles lifestyle by retreating to this cabin for the weekend. I've loved getting to know the neighbors and look forward to sharing this gem in the woods with our special airbnb guests!