THIS WEEK REDUCED PRICE :-)
Cozy timber home with great deck and garden, set in the Tirimoana Reserve surrounded by native bush and hills, 100m from the sea of Queen Charlotte Sound and the famous Queen Charlotte walking-track. Great place to relax and enjoy nature and the sea.
The house is a Lockwood build home, which is the strongest and safest building type in New Zealand. No earthquake problems here :-)
OFFER: Contact me if you are interested in a sailing trip in the Queen Charlotte Sounds.
Lovely solid timber home with great deck overlooking the garden. A peaceful and tranquil setting in the Tirimoana Reserve with native bush, trees, stream and surrounded by green wooded hills and the sounds of the Bell Birds and Tui's. Located in New Zealand's Maritime Reserve "The Marlborough Sounds" in Tirimoana & Anakiwa, at the end of the Queen Charlotte Sound and just 10 minutes walk away from The Queen Charlotte Track. This is one of the most beautiful areas in one of the most beautiful countries in the world! I am sure you will enjoy the scenery & the natural feel of the accommodation. The house is only 100 meters from the sea.
You will have your own private self contained space comprising of:
- 2 Bedrooms (bedding and towels are provided).
- Lounge & dining area
- Toilet & Bathroom
- Kitchenette with 2 hob, microwave, oven, fridge (limited space)
You can also use the BBQ on the deck where there is an outside dining area. There is free coffee, teas, cookies, WiFi internet, DVD's, books, & tourist info/leaflets. (Please see below under 'Guest Access' for more info).
The host lives in the front part of the house in a separate area with a separate entrance.
Highly recommended local activities are: Walking - especially 'The Queen Charlotte Track' just 10 minutes walk away - one of the most famous New Zealand walking tracks (72km long). There is an easy-going and beautiful foreshore track in front of the house along the bay for an hour stroll. Other activities are mountain biking, kayaking, swimming, wind- or kite-surfing, paragliding or … best of all - come sail the Sounds with me!
An amazing variety of bird species are here all year round especially the Tui and Bellbirds with their beautiful and distinct bird song which you can hear from our garden. There are often Spoonbills, oyster catchers, herons and black swans in the bay and we sometimes see Dusky dolphins and seals in the bay too. There are usually eagle rays in the bay throughout the summer. Watch out before you dive in! We even had a humpback whale, pilot whales and Orca’s in the bay over the last few years. But they are very rare.
Fishing & diving is very good in the outer Sounds and one of the best in New Zealand and obviously snorkeling is pretty good too. There are glow-worms only 300 meters away from the house. These are good to go see during a night walk - I can show you.
THINGS TO DO:
- I can take you sailing (weather permitted) in my sailing boat which is moored here in the bay. We usually sail to 'Lochmara Lodge' in Lochmara Bay (see photo) - a small scenic waterfront resort in The Marlborough Sounds with lovely views and a great arty cafe and grounds to enjoy a coffee or drink and maybe have a swim there and meet 'Banjo' the talking parrot!
- There is swimming in the sea here near the accommodation or from the Anakiwa jetty.
- Windsurfing and kite-surfing in the bay in front of the house is excellent (depending on the sea-breeze).
- Kayaking is great to do here - The local tour company "Sea Kayak Adventures" (15 mins walk from here) rents out kayaks and mountain bikes and does organized trips from Anakiwa and other local destinations.
- Have a coffee or ice cream at the "Green Caravan Cafe" next to the 'Outward Bound' school (about 10 minutes walk along the foreshore) and watch the daily water taxi's arrive at the Anakiwa jetty to pick up the tourists that come off the Queen Charlotte Track. It’s such an amazing good holiday spot!
- Fishing, boating, water skiing and snorkeling is all great.
- There are several good walking tracks in the neighborhood in addition to The Queen Charlotte Track - The 'Cullen Loop' track is a nice scenic 1 hour walk with views over Havelock and The Sounds (about 20 mins drive away). The “Waikakaho/Cullen Creek Walkway” near Linkwater (10 mins drive away) is the old gold-miner’s track that runs through some spectacular landscapes.
- There is a para-gliding take-off from the hill behind the house that I regularly fliy from. You are welcome to walk up the hill with me to see the amazing view or learn about the basics of para-gliding by having some ground control exercises (weather permitted).
- The harbor city PICTON (30 minutes drive) is always nice for a day trip with sea view cafés, restaurants, pubs, marina, gift shops, museum, aquarium, cinema, pharmacy, i-site and some good walking tracks. 'The Snout' walking track in Picton is very scenic with excellent views of the Marlborough Sounds. Picton is also the home of 'The Edwin Fox Maritime Centre' where you can see and learn about the history of the world's second oldest surviving merchant sailing ship - 'The Edwin Fox.'
- The coastal village of HAVELOCK (20 minutes drive) has a nice restaurant called "The Mussel Pot" famous and well recommended for its green lip mussels. Havelock calls itself the "mussel capital of the world". There is a marina where you'll find the pleasant waterfront cafe/restaurant 'The Slip Inn' which serves good local food. Havelock is also home to 'The Pelorus Mail Boat' which is a great way to explore the Marlborough Sounds and the 'Greenshell Mussel Cruise' to learn more about the Havelock mussel farms and enjoy freshly steamed mussels with a glass of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. There is a museum here, pharmacy, a few shops, cafes, pub and an i-site.
- LINKWATER (10 mins drive) has a pub and petrol/gas station where you can also buy basic grocery items.
- The province main city BLENHEIM is about 50km away. The main tourist attraction there are the numerous and famous wineries and vineyards and the Makana chocolate factory & shop.
- Port Underwood has a spectacular coast-line with amazing beautiful sandy beaches. Some of these are good for surfing. Just search Ocean-bay, Robinhood-bay or the famous and most beautiful Whitesbay near Rarangi. All just about an hour drive away from here.
- And than there is the Pelorus-Bridge Reserve, (40 mins drive away and on route to Nelson). Scenes of the movie “THE HOBBIT” were shot here. Great place to go for walks along the river and across the swing-bridge.
In fact, there are so many things to do here. Ask any New Zealander about the Marlborough Sounds … they will tell you that they just love it and they come here for their holiday.
That says it all!
This is a fully self contained and private guest area attached to the hosts' house with a separate entrance for a total of 5 people (or if you come with up to 6, there is a possibility of an extra single mattress, but space is limited).
The accommodation includes:
One bedroom with a queen bed, wardrobe, heater, bedside lamps and a sliding door with access to a private deck & seating. A second bedroom with a bunk bed to sleep up to 3 people (double at the bottom and single at the top) with bedside lamps, wardrobe, heater, table top/work surface with chair and a DVD player. Bedding and towels are provided. The bedrooms are located next to each other. There is a private guest lounge and dining area with DVD player & DVD's (no TV) books, games, tourist info & leaflets, tea and coffee making facilities, a guest kitchenette with an electric hob/cooktop with 2 hotplates, microwave, small oven & grill, toaster and fridge, guest toilet & bathroom including toiletries. The gas BBQ on the deck is also available to use where there is a lovely outside seating & dining area overlooking the garden and Tirimoana reserve with a little stream and wooded hills. Free WiFi internet and free coffee, teas & cookies. There is also a baby/toddler's high chair if required. Laundry facilities are also available.
Your host, Marcel, lives in the front part of the house in a separate area with a separate entrance.
I like to give our guests space and privacy and let you have a peaceful and relaxing stay here but I am also happy to chat and give travel tips and local information.
Come sailing with me, or I can help organize kayaking, mountain biking, walks and other local activities.
There is parking space for cars and boat trailers in front of the accommodation. There is a boat ramp only 200 meter from here (usable at high tide only) and a boat ramp 1 km away usable all tides (depending on the size of your boat/trailer).
Check-in is after 3PM and check out is 10AM - please let me know roughly what time you think you will arrive.
No smoking inside the house please.
Children & pets are welcome, as long as you keep them reasonably well behaved :-)
Please keep the space clean and tidy and wash-up after cooking. There's a rubbish and a recycling box in the kitchenette.
We usually try to clean the bins regularly, but we'll try not to disturb you too much during your stay!
Most importantly - We just want you to have a great and relaxing time here! :-)
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 148 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
I am just a nice guy who enjoys meeting people and likes to share this beautiful place. People are truly amazing and everyone has a story to tell - KARMA.
I love travelling, nature and the outdoors, which is why I love living here. I regularly go bike, swimm, sail, windsurf, paraglide or kayak - especially when there are dolphins in the bay. To see some videos, search in YouTube for "DOLPHINS TIRIMOANA". ... how lucky I am that I found this place and am able to live here :-)
I moved from The Netherlands to New Zealand in 2005 . I speak 3 languages; English, German & Dutch. Free flying is my life passion. Paragliding above the Marlborough Sounds is truly an amazing experience :-) For paragliding videos, search in YouTube for "PARAGLIDE - TIRIMOANA".
I enjoy taking guests out sailing on the Queen Charlotte Sound. It's a great way to show you the beauty of the Sounds and a great way to get to know each other. Just come and enjoy the moment, enjoy "The Power of Now" :-)