Our two story winterized cottage nestled into hillside has all there is to offer including full bath, kitchen, 3 bedrooms in lower level, with stunning west facing views from walkout out master bedroom and living room with massive wrap around deck.
Open concept cottage with stunning west facing views of Annis Lake. Large wrap around deck with gates for child safety. Tastefully landscaped with large natural stone steps down to level area perfect for playing catch, or kicking the ball. Enjoy crystal clear water for swimming or relaxing by while listening to the lapping water. For the chilly summer nights there are two outdoor fireplaces - an enclosed one on the back patio and an in ground one down by the water.
We have 4 beds in 3 separate bedrooms -
-Bedroom 1 features a luxurious King Size bed of the highest quality.
-Bedroom 2 features a Queen bed that is also of excellent quality.
-Bedroom 3 features two beds - a firm but comfortable double bed an(URL HIDDEN)twin.
90 minutes to Halifax
45 minutes to Historic Lunenburg
25 minutes to Bridgewater
There is a well stocked store under 10 minutes away with Gas, fresh bread and baked goods, a small NSLC and even pizza and donairs on Friday and Saturday nights!
We supply copious amounts games and puzzles for quiet evening or rainy days. There is a television available with DVD player. Some movies supplied including children's movies and shows.
CONNECTIVITY: There is no wi-fi or internet access of any kind. Cell phone signal is quite poor in the area but we have installed a cellular signal booster. It works quite well in the living room for Bell and Telus (most report full signal), but Rogers only get 25-50% signal. It works excellent for texting, decent for phone calls and browsing. Should you suspect that the signal booster isn't working, simply unplug it and plug it back in again (it is plugged into the top of the stove) as this will often improve the performance.
FOOD - There is a full kitchen with microwave, toaster, and coffee maker (filters provided). We also have plenty of aluminum foil. We don't leave much behind and are not willing to guarantee any type food on site, but if you forget a staple and you find it in our cupboard (eg. white sugar, tea bags) feel free to take a small amount to get you by. There is a propane BBQ, and will always have a spare full tank on the deck right beside the BBQ outside.
GARBAGE - There is a dump site at the corner of Labelle Road and Sun Haven Dr. that will take all garbage, recycling and compost. We respectfully ask that all garbage and recycling be taken to this dump site when you leave.
TOWELS AND TOILETRIES: There are white towels for shower/bathroom use and beach towels (various colors and sizes) available in the main floor bathroom. There is also a fresh bar of soap. Please bring any other toiletries you may need.
We will not initiate any contact during your stay, but will provide you with phone numbers for both Ruth and Marco and encourage you to contact us if there is any questions we can answer or do anything to improve your stay.
-The lake does not allow any motorized boats.
-There is no wi-fi or cable TV. There is a selection of movies on DVD.
-Heated mattress pads are on all beds from November until April.
-There is an automatic pellet stove (new 2015) and pellets provided for use from November until April.
Here are some simple rules for your safety and convenience:
1) No smoking in the cottage. Should you wish to smoke, anywhere outdoors is fine as long as you don't litter on the property.
2) Pets - Although we will allow pets, we are not pet owners and would ask that if your pet is the type that leaves a large amount hair or any other remnants that they remain on the lower floor (there is outside access) and that they remain off the beds and furniture. Any damage to the premises (eg. stains on carpet, damage to furniture, damage to trim) caused by pets are the responsibility of the renter and may cause loss of security deposit.
3) Please use life-jackets (there are 2 universal adult and 1 child available in the master bedroom closet) if you choose to use the canoe and take great care when exploring our beautiful waterfront. There are stone steps going into the water, please remember that wet stone is very slippery and no children should be left alone anywhere near the waterfront for any amount of time. There is a swimming raft that is in about 25 feet of water. We ask that great care be taken when jumping off the raft, look before you leap and make sure no one is swimming around the raft - it moves a lot when someone dives.
4) Footwear is recommended on the deck and exterior.
5) The water is drawn from the lake and is filtered, which makes it safe for brushing teeth and taking showers. We recommend bringing spring water for drinking - it can be purchased at the local store in Greenfield about 5 minutes from the cottage.
6) No gas powered boats are allowed in our lake. You can use a small trolling motor if you bring you own fishing boat (the boat launch is on the adjoining property).
This is our private cottage where we are building our memories as a family, please respect our space so that we can all enjoy it. Renters that respect our cottage will be rewarded with preferred rates on subsequent visits and a good review.
Ruth is a mom, crafter, and lives the dream working in her art.
Marco is a dad, electronics enthusiast, and manages an retail store that fuels his inner nerd.
We have a young son who thrives in nature and loves the cottage life.
We are excited to welcome families into our cottage to build new memories.