The Medieval Palazzo Accarigi sits in the most strategic position of Siena city center: overlooking Piazza del Campo, and between the COSTARELLA dei Barbieri, the most suggestive entrance to the Il Campo square and Via Di Città- the most prestigious street.
It's very quiet, safe & it offers privacy
Highest-quality noise reducing windows. Bath Amenities provided.
Final cleaning included
Plan to stay more days: use this flat as a base to explore Siena province
Ideal for honeymoons & anniversaries
Please keep in mind there is NO AN ELEVATOR and there are 46 STEPS
(2 flights up)
A TIME TRAVEL EXPERIENCE in a flat (40 sq. m./ 430 ft²) LOCATED DIRECTLY on the Piazza del Campo
This is a self-catering flat in a grade listed historic building: it is not a bed and breakfast.
Please keep in mind there is not an elevator and there are 46 steps.
Once the residence of the aristocratic Accarigi family, this is a historic Palazzo-Tower of Medieval implant
YOU WILL BE IN:
• In the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage site.
• On the Second floor (Third American) of a Medieval «Palazzo»: 46 steps/ no elevator
• The entrance is in via Di Città, the most elegant street since Middle-Ages
•In Piazza del Campo, Siena.
•In one of the 10 most beautiful squares in the whole world.
• In one of the biggest Medieval squares in the world
•In the Square where the famous rite 'Palio' is held twice a year
• In a grade listed building
Everything will be at your doorstep and within a walking distance.
ACCOMMODATION (40 sq. m./ 430 ft²):
•The kitchen corner, dining/lounge areas with views over Piazza Il Campo.
•Shower room made of original Sienise travertine marble.
•Bedroom opens out to dramatic views on Piazza Il Campo
(Queen bed 160X200).
Hair dryer and high-quality cotton Bath Towels Set are provided and:
• No cleaning fees
• Utilities (water; gas and electricity)
•Central heating is included
•Fan (no air-conditioning)
Because the grade-listed building overlooks Piazza del Campo, we can't get the authorization to install air-conditioning.
•High-quality bed linen
To enjoy a Good Night's Sleep:
•A quality, comfortable, thick mattress
•Highest Quality Noise-Reduction windows of last generation:
since Piazza del Campo can be extremely noisy at night, this is essential
• Window shutters and curtains
TO PREPARE YOUR BREAKFAST, A TEA, OR JUST FOR A LIGHT MEAL:
• A brand new basic kitchen corner
•American coffee machine
From both of the windows you will enjoy:
•Expansive view of Piazza il Campo
•Dramatic view of Il Mangia Tower
The view from the windows is so magnificent to look unreal; you will feel like being in an ancient theatre, but out of time.
And the more you will watch the Piazza, the more you will experience its magnetism.
•Exclusive historical location
•Original ‘frescoes’ (original old mural paintings)
• Original old mural paintings, of ancient lime, on the walls
•High-quality handmade upholstery fabric (silk, damask, linen)
•Sienise travertine and botticino marble in the shower room
•Pietra di Rapolano travertine in the kitchen
•Parquet made of wood oak
LAST RENOVATIONS (apartment only/not the inside of the building):
• Completely renovated and restored by the very best masters
The 700-Year-Old Palazzo Accarigi was once the residence of the aristocratic and powerful Accarigi family.
The Palazzo was erected for the Accarigi family in the XIV century and
it is part of its 800-Year-Old stone Tower, the Monumental Building Torre detta delle Sette Seghinelle.
A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE ACCARIGI FAMILY
The Accarigi belonged to ‘I Grandi of Siena’ and they were part of the Government of the IX, who ruled the city from 1278 till 1355 and made up of the wealthiest Sienese families.
The IX, Siena’s most successful and long-lived Government, ruled the city during its period of greatest power and glory, and the Accarigi were part of the Sienese Guelphic alliance and later of the Patriciate of Siena (1753).
The 800-Year-Old stone Tower, the Torre detta delle Sette Seghinelle part of Palazzo Accarigi, was owned till 1305 (circa), by the notorious Florentine Nobleman Musciatto de Franzesi, banker, and personal advisor to the French King Philip IV, Pope Boniface VIII, and Charles the II of Naples.
Mentioned as a character in the first novel of the Decameron - the greatest work of Giovanni Boccaccio and considered the masterpiece of classical early Italian prose - Franzesi was one of the 'I % in his day.
The Torre detta delle Sette Seghinelle is one of the finest Towers still standing in Siena, a witness of a bygone age.
Both the Palazzo Accarigi and its Tower are bound to the Government office of Monuments and Fine Arts Department, an associated organization of the Italian Ministry of Heritage and Cultural Activities.
•There are 46 steps.
•Since it is a Medieval grade-listed Palazzo, with its authentic old architecture, THERE IS NO ELEVATOR.
•We strongly suggest keeping your luggage light.
THE INTERNAL GATE
There is an ancient wrought iron gate, for a safer stay.
Even if the gate is ancient, it has a modern bank-like security system
HOW TO REACH PALAZZO ACCARIGI
• Given the fact Palazzo Accarigi is just in the heart of a UNESCO World Heritage site, it is also in a ZTL Y (controlled traffic zone), a restricted traffic zone, severely controlled by municipal police and by a network of video cameras, it is not possible to get to the building by car. There are outlying parking lots and taxis to take you the rest of the way and that can leave you right in front of the Tower of Palazzo Accarigi.
• We love your comfort! Since Siena is a hilltown, where you have to going up and coming down all the time, and where you have many stairs and narrow steep streets everywhere, it is very challenging to walk while carrying your luggage. Once you get to Siena, we strongly recommend for your comfort to take a taxi, so that it can bring you almost right to the front door: in front of the Tower of Palazzo Accarigi.
Other than showing you the flat when you arrive, I'll completely respect your privacy and leave you alone.
I do respect your privacy to the utmost, yet should you need anything, you can always contact me during your stay through the Airbnb platform message, or SMS and I will be more than happy to help you.
I will welcome you at the check-in, waiting for you at the II floor (III American - 2 flights up), inside the apartment.
WHO SHOULD CHOOSE THIS PLACE
This place has been very popular among couples traveling for their Honeymoon or to celebrate their anniversary.
It is also the ideal place to stay for History buffs, as for Gothic lover or for a city-break.
It is also an ideal place to stay while visiting the Siena province with its record of four UNESCO sites (Siena, San Gimignano, Pienza, the area of the Val D’Orcia) together with its wonderful countryside
SOMETHING ABOUT SIENA....
• Siena is defined “The eternal Middle-Ages”.
• It is also called "The Gothic dream".
• Here, it seems time stopped in the 13th Century, the period when it began to develop its immense artistic and architectural legacy.
SOMETHING ABOUT SIENA UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE....
• Siena has the record of as much as 4 UNESCO site:
1 Siena city center (all)
2 San Gimignano (Siena province)
3 Pienza (Siena province)
4 The area of Val d’Orcia (Siena province)
In Siena, the eternal Middle Ages, you can live the Gothic dream while visiting its magnificent Medieval heritage.
Every Cultural site is at your doorstep and within a walking distance.
HISTORICAL SITES AT YOUR DOORSTEP
In a less then a couple of minutes, among many other places, you can reach:
•the Duomo ‘Cathedral’
• the Torre del Mangia
• the Santa Maria della Scala Museum
Plan to stay in Siena more days and use this flat as a base to explore its magnificent province.
Siena has the world record of UNESCO World Heritage site: 4 sites, Siena city center, San Gimignano, Pienza and la Val D'Orcia.
If you plan coming without a car, we will be more than happy to recommend you experienced tour leaders which organize daily-tours around Siena, so that you will be able to easily visit all these fairy-tales places!
THE SIENISE COUNTRYSIDE
Siena is the best place for those who love food and wine.
In the Sienese countryside, you can visit a typical wine cellar, and taste Chianti Classico wine and extra virgin olive oil or reach the Terme spa complex at Rapolano Terme, in the south of the province of Siena.
WHAT TO VISIT IN TUSCANY
Siena sits in the most strategical position in Tuscany, because it is just at the center of it, so it is the best place to stay to visit all the beauty of Tuscany and for this reason, you can easily reach every area.
• Check in from 15.00 to 18:00. Please inform us in advance of your arrival time (there is no reception and we do not live on site)
• Check-in is not possible after 18.00
• In respect of the Italian Rental Regulation, there is a - short Rental/Agreement For Touristic Purposes traslated in English (between owner and renter) to fill/sign at your arrival
• The property can host up to 2 adults only (not kids/ not an infant)
• It is forbidden to bring other people inside the building/apartment
• This is a walk up place and you will need to carry your luggage up 2
floors (46 steps/ there is not an elevator).
• There are other people living in the same building: they expect common areas of the building to be always very quiet.
• If you want to to throw the garbage: it is possible to bring it downstairs/just outside and just in front of the building , only within the City centre permitted time: from 07:00 am (not before) until 09.00 am (not later)
• To keep the Palazzo always a safe place, when you leave the building always makes sure you close the main door downstairs (kindly close it)
• Please do not lean anything from the apartment windowsill
• Bikes inside the Palazzo not allowed
• Please do not smoke
• This place is in a ZTL (controlled traffic zone), so it is not possible to get to there by car, but a taxi can leave you just right at the building
Whatever the reason, I’d love to hear from you. Please drop me a line.
I am the apartment owner and I will welcome you at the check-in, waiting for you inside the apartment at the II floor (III floor American).
I respect people's privacy to the utmost, yet should you need anything, you can always contact me per email or SMS during your stay and I will be more than happy to help you.
If you would like me to, I would love to recommend where you can have great Tuscan food, where to have breakfast, wine-tasting or even the best gelato in Siena...
If you plan to stay in Siena more days, you could very easily use this flat as a base to explore its magnificent province. Siena has the world record of 4 UNESCO World Heritage site: Siena city center, San Gimignano, Pienza and Val D'Orcia. And even if you plan coming without a car, I will be more than happy to recommend you experienced tour leaders which organize daily-tours around Siena, so that you will be able anyway to reach all these fairy-tales places without any trouble.
Besides that, I will be more than happy to recommend you what you can't miss visiting in Siena city center. I know a brilliant touristic guide who would explain you Sienese History in the most charming way and who would bring you in the less known spots; a top-notch Cooking School where you would enjoy taking cooking classes and if you are a wine lover.. you can't miss a Wine School very close to the apartment. But there is a lot more than this you can do, depending on the time of the year you are coming.
So if you would like me to - I would love sharing with you what I know and that - hopefully- can make your stay in Siena somehow more special.
In such an ancient building... "There are things that tie them to a place, very much like they do to us. Some remain tethered to a patch of land, a time and date, the spilling of blood, a terrible crime... There are others, others that hold onto an emotion, a drive, loss, revenge, or love. Those, they never go away." - Crimson Peak, 2015
"... Una casa così antica col tempo diventa una creatura viva, comincia a trattenere le cose [...]" - Crimson Peak, 2015