This relaxed, ideally located cabin provides two bedrooms, two decks, grill, full kitchen and living room. Base here for hiking, fishing, kayaking and otherwise enjoying the forests, wilderness areas and mountain wildlife. We are 40 miles northwest of Fort Collins, CO. Your travel route from Fort Collins will be on the State Scenic and Historic Byway that follows the winding path of the The Wild and Scenic Cache la Poudre River (not to be confused with the Estes park area).
Very few cabins this size are available in the Poudre Canyon, especially a complete house and property like this one. One room with a queen bed and another with twin beds accommodate four nicely.
Virtually every Colorado mountain activity, summer or winter is nearby. Access to several wilderness areas are just up the road, as well as several forest trails. Lake and river fishing are just as close. The cabin property is not located directly on the Poudre River but river access is available at many locations along the scenic river route. There are local convenience stores nearby that provide fishing licenses, some fishing supplies, snacks and souvenirs. A summer outdoor food patio, a full restaurant with lounge, and a liquor store are in the vicinity.
The owners live nearby to provide assistance and offer area information, but also cherish your privacy as much as you do. Likely we'll be around while you're here, and if not, a contact who knows the property will be available.
Bring layers of clothes. We're at 7300 feet elevation, so it can be the full gamut of weather. Hikes can take you to 10,000 feet with completely different weather. Colorado nights with no interfering city light will give you views of the stars you'll never forget. Nights are chilly. Lucky you'll have a nice fireplace.
Cell Phone service in the mountainous Poudre Canyon (West Highway 14) hardly exists. In our immediate area, Verizon and other Verizon supported phones will have service at Cozy Cabin. If needed, a private area in our home is available for making non-Verizon supported calls.
Additional packing, shopping and cabin information will be emailed to you once a booking is confirmed. Hopefully, this information will be useful to you (and guests) as you plan your stay.
* Our cabin is very precious to us so tell us a little about YOURSELF and about YOUR GUEST/S who will accompany you when you request information or a reservation through Airbnb.
* Cozy Cabin is allergy-friendly, so NO SMOKING (of any kind) in cabin or indoor porch.
* NO VAPING in Cozy Cabin or indoor porch.
* Children must be SUPERVISED at all times.
* Rent for two nights or more.
* Renting a full property means you and your guest/s have lots of space and privacy to stretch out, relax and enjoy. However, renting a full property also means reserving enough time before your departure to leave Cozy Cabin in good shape. The kitchen, especially, needs to be left with counters and appliances cleaned, dishes and cookware washed, dried and stored. The low $20 cleaning fee assures you clean sheets, clean towels, useful amenities and maintained premises.
* Respect quiet time after 10 PM.
* Respect Neighbor's "Private Property" signage.
Ken and Kristine have lived on the Poudre for more than three decades and love the mountains. Our motto is "work hard, tell the truth, and be nice." Kristine managed the Rustic Resort for many years, and Ken is a non-profit executive. We are passionate about the nearby wilderness areas and volunteer to protect it, educate visitors about Leave No Trace principals, and love to see people come enjoy all our home territory has to offer.