Hempel House is a beautiful example of a period, courtyard house from the colonial era with a 50ft swimming pool! Less than 10mins to Galle Fort and 15mins to Unawatuna. Tropical, green and lovely!
The large garden is well established with many fruit tree's and the House set around a courtyard pond with turtles & fish.
Hempel House has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. 3 bedrooms have En-suite bathrooms and 3 bedrooms are AC equipped.
A lovely courtyard house in Galle, with a 50ft swimming pool. Close to Galle Fort and Unawatuna. Tropical, green and lovely.
This is a delightful example of a period house from the colonial era. It is set around a courtyard featuring a pond with tropical fish, turtles and sweet scented frangipani tree at its centre.
It has been tastefully restored by the Hempel Family who have been living there for the last 10 years.
The house is surrounded by a lush tropical garden which is a bird watchers paradise. There are mongoose and monitor lizards with squirrels and monkeys darting amongst the trees.
Whether having a lazy breakfast of Nalani’s delicious egg hoppers, or a long lunch of Sri Lankan curry, sambals and chutneys, (all from local produce or catch of the day) this is a place to relax and unwind. The open dining room faces onto the jungle, where women collecting firewood and buffalo stroll past.
Guests can swim in our 50 ft swimming pool or at Thalpe beach just fifteen minutes away.
At sunset, stroll through village streets and past corner shop vendors. Light an oil lamp at the local Buddhist temple, view a private show of Kandyian dances performing the devil dance under the stars, or just listen to the night sounds of the crickets, watching the fireflies with a glass of chilled wine in hand.
At the end of a long day, curl up in one of the antique four poster beds knowing the house is secure under the watchful eye of Hapugala our nightwatchman, 2 dogs and Minky the cat.
Attractions and distance:
- 15 minutes from Unawatuna and the beaches of Thalpe.
- If you are feeling more active the shops, restaurants and hotels of UNESCO world heritage protected Galle Fort are just ten minutes away while the surf beaches are within 20 to 30 minutes.
- Half an hour away from the lovely surf town and beach of Hikkaduwa.
- A beautiful upstairs master bedroom (AC) with inside outside bathroom.
- Two further double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms (Two with A/C).
- One single bedroom
- Sleeps 7 Adults and extra matress can be arranged if required.
- Two living rooms.
- Outside/inside dining area.
- Fully equipped modern kitchen.
- Washing machine.
- 50 ft Swimming Pool and Ambalama
- Wifi Internet
- Cook and house lady. Gardner and night security.
- Baby sitters by separate arrangement.
Lounge around the swimming pool, read one of our many books sitting in the living room or just simply have a rest watching the turtles in the pond!
Emma or Eduard will be there to meet you and will pop in from time to time to give you any information you need and see how you are. But other than that we leave you to your holiday!
Please note there are 2 dogs and 1 cat at the property.
Relaxed. Follow the Golden Rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 75 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น