ผู้เข้าพัก 3 คน
This 650 square ft garden apt has sunny windows on 3 sides and a private fenced yard. I live in the flat upstairs but I don't wear shoes inside, so you will only hear quiet footsteps on your ceiling. Cats OK. No dogs.
Welcome to your family-sized sunny garden apartment with a back yard entrance. It's in the bottom floor of a sunny, remodeled 2-story Queen Anne Cottage (with 3 apartments altogether).
The price above includes wifi, water and trash pickup. It also includes PG&E (gas and electric) up to $50/month. If you use lots of heat and the PG&E bill exceeds $50/month, you'll be responsible for the overage on that one bill.
In addition to the monthly discount, if you rent this apt for at least 3 calendar months (including Oct, Nov, and Dec) I'll give you an additional $50/mo discount.
If you want me to, I'll launder your sheets and towels twice a month.
Your entrance is in the fenced back yard, which has fruit trees, bamboos, and a table with chairs.
- 650 square feet (bigger than many 2-bedroom apartments)
- Sunny windows on three sides
- Two closets, including a huge bedroom closet
- Extra large kitchen with huge sunny window
- Offstreet parking for 1 car (but not covered or gated)
- Easy street parking for other cars
- New double pane windows
- New heater
- New pergo flooring (looks like hardwood)
- New paint
- New fridge
- New stainless steel kitchen sink
- New bathroom vanity
- New faucets, doorknobs, ceiling lights, etc
There's a queen sized sofa bed in your living room (with a Sealy Posturpedic mattress), as well as a queen sized Swedish foam mattress in your bedroom. Your bathroom is big, sunny, and has a full sized bathtub. And if you like to sit outside, there's a table and chairs in the fenced back yard.
It's in a safe and quiet part of Oakland, minutes from Berkeley and Rockridge (an upscale neighborhood with great ethnic restaurants.)
- Quiet street with trees, not a through street
- The only people who drive here are the neighbors.
- Area is very flat, so it's easy to bike around town.
The UC Berkeley campus is about 2 miles away. If you want to take a bus there, you can catch the AC transit bus one block from my house. It's also an easy bike ride (2 miles away).
It's about 1 mile from the nearest BART subway stations (Ashby or Rockridge), and a little more than a mile from Whole Foods and the locally famous Berkeley Bowl.
If you walk 3 blocks east to Telegraph Ave and turn north, you'll find:
Addis Ethiopian Restaurant
Saysetha Thai Restaurant
Cafe Colucci (Ethiopian Restaurant)
57th St Gallery (jazz night club)
Jumpin' Java Cafe
And if you walk 7 blocks south -- to the Temescal neighborhood -- you can enjoy:
Abesha Ethiopian Restaurant
Juhu Beach Club (Indian Restaurant)
Temescal Produce Market
La Calaca Loca Taqueria
Genova (Italian) Delicatessen
Round Table Pizza
The Cheese Shop
There are also two Farmer's Market's in walking distance. Every Tuesday from 2 - 6:30pm, you can walk to the South Berkeley Farmer's Market. And every Sunday from 10am-1pm, you can walk to the Temescal Farmer's Market. Both are VERY festive, with a variety of live musicians, music groups, and vendors selling freshly made ethnic food.
The AC Transit bus (which stops one block away) can take you to the subway station, the grocery store, or the UC Berkeley campus.
By car, you'll be about 8 minutes from the Bay bridge. There’s plenty of space to park on our street, and no permit is required.
For your personal laundry, there are two door-to-door laundry services nearby that will pick up your laundry, wash, dry, fold, and return it the next day: Hambrick Laundry and J&L Laundry. Two weeks of laundry is about $30.
Hambrick Laundry (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
J&L Laundry (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (Open Tues-Sat)
If you're on a budget, my ex-girlfriend (for whom ambiance is very important!) recommends Washingtown. It is 11 blocks away at 3215 Adeline St in Berkeley. It is clean, there is parking, there are large skylights and plants inside.
In order to provide you (and every guest) with a spic-and-span apartment, I charge a one time $100 cleaning fee regardless of how long you stay. If you have cats, add another $50 for cleaning (due to cat hair and dander).
However, if you stay for longer than a month, I'll pay my cleaning lady to clean your garden apartment once a month while you're here.
Do you need a bicycle while you're here? if you're going to stay here for at least a month, I can arrange a bicycle for you.
If you stay here for more than a month, Airbnb only collects one month's rent at a time. If you have questions about the exact cost (with Airbnb fees), please call Airbnb. Their area code is 855, the next three digits are 424, and the last four digits are 7262.
ABOUT YOUR ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE DATES
You can avoid the 14% Oakland occupancy tax by booking for at least 31 nights.
If you stay for 3 calendar months or more, we can discuss a small discount.
When I break up a calendar month (for example, renting the suite from the 1st to the 25th), it's hard to rent out the leftover portions of that month. It's even harder when someone rents from the 15th of one month through the 20th of the next. That leaves me with two partial calendar months, increasing the risk of vacancies.
For these reasons:
I prefer renting to people who book the suite for one or more *calendar* months (i.e from the 1st day of a month to the 1st day of the following month).
So if you are planning to arrive or depart on dates other than the first of a month (or the last day of a month), I will ask you if you have any flexibility to change at least one of those dates to the first of a month.
1) There's just one gas heater in the living room. I installed two wall vents so heat from the living room could flow into the bedroom. It works great. However, it means sounds from your living room and kitchen are now more audible from your bedroom, and vice versa.
2) I live upstairs with 1-2 other Airbnb guests. Except for occasional singing and piano playing (before 10pm), we don't play loud music or TV. We also don't wear shoes inside.
But you will still hear us walking around. You will also hear water running when we shower or flush the upstairs toilet. And you'll hear us opening and closing our back door.
In the past, most of my downstairs guests and tenants were used to living in apartments or multi-family houses. So this was no big deal.
But if you're a light sleeper or noise-sensitive, please see my other listing for a 2-room suite with private bathroom in my flat *upstairs*. That would probably fit you better!
3) When the upstairs guests come and go, you will see them walking along the side of the house, right outside your kitchen window.
4) We provide the first roll of paper towels and toilet paper. However, once you move in, we no longer provide these supplies. We don't provide dish washing liquid, sponges, trash bags, or similar supplies either.
5) If you want us to, we will launder your sheets and towels twice a month.
6) When tree branches or significant weeds intrude on the walkway from your front door to your parking spot, we will trim them.
However, to keep our costs down (and pass the savings onto you), we only hire a gardener to weed the rest of our yard, trim trees and bushes, and pick up bamboo shreds every 2-3 months. So our yard is "overgrown" more often than not.
7) If you don't have pets, the cleaning fee is $100. However, if you have 1 or 2 cats, the cleaning fee is $150 (due to the cat hair and dander). Either way, the security deposit is $1,200. Absolutely no dogs.
If your stay is 30 days or more, our relationship becomes a standard landlord/tenant relationship under California law.
So at Airbnb's suggestion, I will send you a signed 1-page lease once your booking request is approved, and ask for your signature. This will confirm the start and end dates of your lease term. So please only send a booking request if this works for you.
OK, here are the official house rules:
1) Keep the volume of TV, music, etc, moderate so it's not heard upstairs.
2) Turn off the heat when opening windows
3) Please don’t let animals inside, unless you have prior permission.
4) Please don’t wear wet or muddy shoes in the house
5) Please don’t smoke anything, anywhere on the premises
6) Please don't slam your front door, since it can be heard upstairs.
7) Please cooperate with letting host show your studio (with 24 hours notice) between 9am-6pm on weekdays. This is rare, but it's possible prospective future guests may want to take a quick look.
8) Take necessary steps to prevent insects from showing up:
a. Keep foods or liquids that might attract insects in sealed containers
b. Keep fruit in sealed containers or on the back deck
c. Put compost in the green bucket or a sealed container in the freezer
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 16 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
Hi I'm Trevor. I and my assistants Deanna and Dawna are the property managers for these rentals. I live in one unit of the North Oakland triplex.