The house has a 220 amp electrical system that was very recently updated, inspected and approved by local officials. The brand new 100 gallon Rheem water heater was depleted of hot water during their 4 day stay. This is not surprising knowing that the house was overloaded with so many guests taking showers, running the washing machine and having 25 loads of dishes washed in the dishwasher during their four day stay.
We were notified of the hot water issue, at 8:00 pm, on the evening of the fourth day of their stay. The 100 gallon water heater self-heated during the night and their was plenty of hot water the following morning. Even though they ALL came to the conclusion that the hot water was shut off, ALL of them reached an incorrect conclusion, as the remote system has not yet be set up.
The house has a brand new 20,000 btu LG Electronic air conditioner. When they called us the first time, we found the circuits were tripped and the house temperature was 60 degrees on the second floor and 58 degrees on the first floor. They admitted that they had hairdryers, toaster, microwave, ceiling fans, lights, heat lamps, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer all running at the same time. At the time of our arrival, there were five cars in the driveway and at least 10 people in the house.
The problem of excessive usage continued, as they repeatedly tripped the circuit breakers. We contacted our electrician regarding this matter and were informed that only extreme and severe overloading would cause this problem.
With regard to insects, the property is sprayed for insects by a professional exterminator, routinely. There are citronella candles available for use on the deck, if preferred.
At the beginning of their stay, they were reminded of our house policies; no pets, no smoking and no parties. Clearly, these folks like to have parties. Consequently, they will not be welcome at our house, again!