ผู้เข้าพัก 8 คน
*Feel like you have the entire Sierra Nevada to yourself *1 mile to Bass Lake *23 miles to Yosemite *Gated, 9-acre retreat is nested in U.S. National Forest *NO neighbors *Views of distant, granite peaks *3 decks with flowering gardens & fountain *2 well-appointed cabins total 2,600 square feet *Pet-free & smoke-free *Sterns & Foster mattresses: 2 king, 2 queen & 1 full *High-speed, wireless Internet *ASUS router for multiple streams *New HVAC with NEST *Books, games & movies!
This place has the "WOW" factor and is a destination in itself. The expansive views, extreme privacy, and forest setting are unsurpassed. Two houses total 2,600 square feet and comfortably fit 8 people. Cabin is 1,800 square feet with two bedrooms, a loft bedroom, and one bathroom. Cottage is 800 square feet with one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchenette, and a sitting room. Ideal for families as grandparents can stay in the cottage. There are three decks for relaxing, barbecuing, and stargazing.
The houses were built in the 1940s and they really have their own personality. The wood walls and old brick fireplace are so warm and inviting. The slight ripples in the hand-poured glass of the massive windows in the living room harken back to simpler times. Sitting on the wrap-around deck is a perfect way to start or end your day. I love to watch birds singing and bathing in the fountain; to look at the Peckinpah Mountain range at sunset; and to see the Milky Way framed by towering Ponderosa Pines at night. The property is so quiet and peaceful --allowing you to really relax and sleep soundly at night.
Access to all areas with the exception of two locked closets and one locked storage shed.
I sincerely wish I could meet you and thank you for choosing my childhood home for your trip. However, I am not on the property during guest stays. My Mom's best friends host the property and maintain the beautiful, landscaped grounds. They live nearby and visit the property during every stay to ensure guests' comfort and that house rules are being honored.
There are only two bathrooms: one in each cabin. The loft bedroom is accessed through the master bedroom. The property is most comfortable when used by six people: 4 in the cabin and 2 in the cottage. This place is ideal for travelers who need peace and quiet in a comfortable, rustic setting.
You are renting a private, long-loved, family home. I grew up here and all my memories of my lost parents are here. Please treat it with the same care and respect you would show to your best friend's home. By renting this property, you are agreeing to the following rules.
1. Check-in is after 4:00 P.M. PST and Check-out is by 11:00 A.M. PST. No Early Check-ins or Late Check-outs without my written permission.
2. Smoking is not allowed at the property under any conditions.
3. Pets or Animals are not permitted on the property under any conditions.
4. Fires or Candles are not permitted under any conditions. Exceptions include the Weber grill (all year) and the fireplace (in winter only).
5. Maximum Occupancy- The maximum number of guests on the property (at any time during your stay) is limited to eight (8) persons (i.e., adults and children). An additional charge/penalty of $25.00 per person per night for guests in addition to eight (8) will be charged to the reservation.
6. The property may not be used for filming, parties, social gatherings, wedding parties, or events.
7. Guests may have three (3) cars parked on the property. Boat trailers may be parked across the street on owner's property.
8. Damage/Security Deposit- A damage/security deposit of $750 is required. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; and is fully refundable within three (3) days of departure, provided none of the Rental Rules and Regulations are violated and the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. Stains on sheets, blankets, carpet, or furniture are considered to be damage, not normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets, or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All food and trash are placed in outside containers, and dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
d. No linens, blankets, pillows, or towels are lost or damaged.
e. No interior items are lost, broken, torn, or stolen.
f. The renter(s) is not evicted by the owner (or onsite host) or local law enforcement.
g. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
h. The unit is left locked.
i. Keys are returned to the lock box on the front door.
j. Heating and air-condition units are turned off.
9. Inclusive Fees - Price includes a one-time, linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
10. No Daily Maid Service - While linens and bath towels are included in the houses, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
11. Acts of Nature, War, Terrorism, or other unforeseen events – No refunds will be given for electrical outages, floods, earthquakes, fire, snow, rain, heat, cold, temperature changes, wind, war, or terrorist caused events.
12. Falsified Reservations - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
13. Storm Policy/Road Conditions – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy, steep, and contain hazards. Roads are well maintained. However, I highly recommend four-wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. I do not refund due to road conditions.
14. This property is privately owned; the Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for theft or loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Renter(s) including damage to vehicles or its contents. By accepting this Rental Agreement, it is confirmed that all Renters are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
15. Written Exceptions - Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing, in advance.
**By renting this property through Airbnb, you agree to all of the above rules.**
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
I am a mother of eight-year-old twins and an economics professor. (And this is why no one will stand next to me at a cocktail party :-) !) Seriously, I enjoy learning new things and meeting new people. I love hiking in the Sierras with my friends and family. Just looking at maps of Bass Lake, Yosemite, and the Eastern Sierra makes me smile. My favorite poet is Robert Frost. My favorite Buddha is Amitayus and my favorite Saint is Agnes. I listen to alternative and classic rock. Watching GOT is my guilty pleasure.
I am hosting my childhood home on airbnb. The property has only been sold once in the past 50 years. The original owner worked at the North Fork Mill and hand-built these two homes in the 1940s. He lived in the cottage while building the cabin. My parents spent many years upgrading the houses and landscaping the property. I miss them and wish they could see how much their grandchildren love this place. It has been an incredible blessing to take my children to the same places where I hiked, swam, and played as a child! I owe a debt of gratitude to my guests as they help me invest in this old, special place.