Quiet, cozy, inspiring, art-filled: fivespot is a relaxing destination for a week or weekend. Perfect for couples or small families, you'll enjoy the sauna and outdoor shower, claw-foot bathtub, and fireplace. Just light a match and enjoy!
Fivespot is just 15 minutes to Kings Canyon - Sequoia National Park in California's spectacular Sierra Nevada. Giant sequoia trees, jaw-dropping Kings Canyon, High Sierra hikes: all yours without the crowds you'd find in Yosemite.
The cabin: cute, homey, comfortable, wi-fi, classic book collection, fireplace, sauna, artful tilework, outdoor shower, covered patio, hummingbird feeders, fresh flowers, a quirky, international knick-knack collection, full kitchen, BBQ, laundry. Built in the 1940s, it was completely renovated in 2008.
Although fivespot is most definitely a mountain retreat - it's one hour to the nearest grocery store, one-half hour to the nearest gas station - you won't be alone. We live in the house next door (although your privacy is assured) and can give advice on the best Park trails and experiences. We lived in New York City for many years and know how valuable it is to tap into local expertise, so you can get the most out of your vacation.
And you won't be roughing it at fivespot. It's a clean, comfortable, delightful place that induces a calm and quiet state in almost every guest!
The sauna, outdoor shower, laundry facilities, access to 3 acres of property, in addition to all the other cabin amenities, are available to guests and not shared with anyone.
Bachrun and I live in the house next door to the cabin, but they are separated by a fence and an elevation difference (fivespot is higher up on the slope than our house) and fivespot's back patio is completely private.
We like to meet our guests when they arrive, and we are just next door if anything is needed.
1. This is a NON SMOKING, NO INCENSE BURNING cabin. Smoking is permitted only on the porch or patio surrounding the cabin. Absolutely NO SMOKING or NO INCENSE BURNING inside the cabin or beyond the porch or patio. Be extremely careful with fire of any kind at all times of year.
2. Pets are NOT PERMITTED.
3. Children under the age of 12 may not be left alone at the property.
4. DAMAGES OR THEFT: If, upon inspection of the premises after your departure, damage beyond normal wear and tear is discovered to the cabin or its contents, or any theft is discovered, you will be charged for repair or replacement costs.
5. INTERNET SERVICE: Data is limited in this mountainous, rural area. 500MB of data per day of stay is free; usage over the total daily limit can be purchased for $15/GB. There is a phone in the cabin for free long-distance and local phone calls. International calls may only be made using a calling card.
6. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE: While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate but is available for an additional fee.
7. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
8. WATER AND SEPTIC: This cabin is on a well and septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clogs the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to two hundred dollars ($200).
9. This cabin is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
10. This agreement does not establish tenancy at this cabin.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 12 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
Loving California after a 17-year stint in NYC. Husband Bachrun is an artist (his work and sensibility defines fivespot and Merrynook). I'm at work facilitating contemporary art events at the HATCHERY, an abandoned commune site near our home.