Ideal for honeymoons or romantic breaks at any time of the year, Sea Cloud is a cosy nest perched high on a bluff, with breath-taking panoramic views of the ocean. Couples can relax in their private cottage retreat—far off-the-beaten track, it’s a place to unwind, as you sit on the deck or take a soak in your open-air hot tub under the stars. You can expect a quiet stay, with a cliffside view of the surf, soaring hawks, and migrating whales.
A Lovely Get-Away
Sea Cloud, one of our two spectacular cliffside cottages (the other is Shangri-La), is magical, the perfect setting to celebrate Valentine's Day, a proposal, or a most romantic honeymoon (maybe in that order!).
Overlooking Whitesboro Cove, guests can sit on the deck gazing out on the Pacific Ocean that stretches as far as the eye can see; think long, lazy days basking in the sun, right up to a beautiful sun set. The weather is nearly always temperate, and each season has its attractions. Visit during the winter months and look forward to beautiful blue skies; visit during the summer and expect a break from inland high temperatures. Enjoy the light-filled contemporary cottage with amenities and details designed to make your stay comfortable and trouble-free. (Please note that the nightly price for this cottage includes all taxes.)
On the walls of Sea Cloud are photographs from films shot in the area, for movie productions have often been attracted to the area by its beauty and New England flavor. Guests can either eat in or take a short walk to the Zagat-rated Ledford House restaurant (a local favorite since 1986). A few more footsteps will take you to the Albion village market, post office, and supply store. On Sundays, guests can drop in on the Albion Farmer's Market, where you can purchase freshly grown local produce, jam, fruit, and artisanal products.
Our Sea Cloud cottage is about 10 minutes drive south of lovely Mendocino village and 20 minutes south of historic Fort Bragg. In Mendocino, you’ll find world-class restaurants, art galleries, fine shopping, a pub, bookstores, toy stores, a museum, and more. In Ft. Bragg, you can explore the restored historic downtown, and stroll along the newly created cliffside promenades. There’s even a movie theater. Noyo Harbor has several restaurants featuring local catches. Farther north are more beaches and the quaint seaside village of Westport.
To the south of Albion village is Navarro Beach and the picturesque hamlet of Elk. To the north are Little River and Big River beaches. Hiking trails abound in Van Damme and Russian Gulch State Parks; take a walk along Big River; canoe on Albion River; take a whale-watching trip, or ride the Skunk train. The area also provides swimming, ocean kayaking, tennis, and paddle-surfing.
Heritage House restaurant and the Albion River Inn, both highly rated, are just across historic Albion bridge—both with spectacular views. The former also has nice walks on its tended grounds, with even a staircase to a hidden mini-beach. Guests can enjoy a great breakfast at Circa '62, where your four-legged canine friends are welcome.
Last but not least the wonderful wineries of Anderson Valley are a short drive away on Highway 128, a lovely scenic road through redwood forests and the quaint towns of Philo and Boonville.
There are several festivals in the area every year; the two most popular are: The Mendocino Film Festival (June) and The Mendocino Music Festival (July).
Whatever the reason for your visit, you can expect to fall under the Northern California Pacific Coast spell (just like it happened to us!).
Convenient parking, private hot tub and deck. Telescope.
Please note per Internet: If you have Verizon, your phone will work. But given the location, it is difficult to impossible to get Internet. We have a company that is working on it, but it may not be functioning till the end of the year (2017).
We will welcome you to your cottage, and then it's all yours. If needed, we are available for suggestions and recommendations, and always around via email or mobile (we live nearby).
There are few things guests will want to know:
Dogs are allowed, but we do not allow cats or any other kind of pets.
PLEASE NOTE THAT your rate includes the 11% occupancy tax.
Smoking Policy: The entire property is non-smoking, including decks, porches and grounds. A minimum $300.00 fee will be levied for smoking in a guest room.
Direct TV works well. Although Internet reception has been poor, as of circa end of September 2017, we will have a new provider and service should be much, much better.
There is no direct access to any beaches from the cottage—the bluff is steep with no improved or accessible trails down. However, there are several beaches within a few minutes drive.
We have another cottage on the bluff, Shangri-La, but the two cottages are separated from each other, and private.
Minimum two-night stay. During holidays, minimum stays may be longer.
- We encourage guests to maintain the peaceful, quiet atmosphere.
- No more than 2 people can sleep in the cottage.
- PLEASE NOTE: Even though Airbnb states "no charge for extra guests" the cottage is suitable for only one couple.
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Given the weather characteristics of the coast, such as wind and dryness, the area is very susceptible to fire. For the safety of our guests THERE IS NO BBQ/Grill at Shangri-La—and the use of any type of open flame apparatus, including, but not limited to charcoal, candles, incense, matches, lighters, and any kind of smoking (all leading causes of fires) are strictly prohibited.
- California’s north coast has limited cell-phone service. However, in the towns of Mendocino and Fort Bragg, you will be able to get normal coverage. For your convenience, Shangri-La has a landline (and Internet as of late Sept. 2017).
- Daily housekeeping service is NOT provided in this vacation cottage, except for stays longer than 3 nights—only upon request--and for an extra fee of $50 (clean towels, bed made, surfaces wiped, and floor cleaned).
- Minimum stay is usually 2 nights, BUT there are minimum-stay restrictions during holiday periods: 3 nights for holidays (Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Christmas, New Year’s) and 4 nights over Thanksgiving. Most Monday nights are “blacked” out—for an easier and thorough maintenance of the cottage—but if you need a Monday to start or end your stay, please contact us, and we will do our best to make it happen. Also, stays longer than 6 nights are possible upon approval.
- Check-in time is from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM, but if you will be arriving later, please let us know so that we can properly check you in to your cottage. Same for early arrivals; if the room is available and ready, then we will do our best to accommodate you. Check out time is at noon.
เจ้าของที่พักรายนี้มี 1 ความคิดเห็นสำหรับที่พักอื่นดูรีวิวอื่น
It all started in 1998 when my mother-in-law gave me (Geneviève) a book of recipes by Margaret Fox where she explain how she opened Café Beaujolais in Mendocino. I like to cook, and I loved both the recipes and the story. My husband, Jonathan, surprised me with a trip to Mendocino and a fine meal at Café Beaujolais to celebrate my birthday… it was fate. For almost two decades, we’d come back to Mendocino every year—sometimes twice a year, to spend time together and enjoy the magic of the Pacific Ocean.
After living and raising our two daughters in Petaluma we decided to move to the Mendocino area--Albion!
I'm a retired nurse; Jonathan, is a writer. We live about 100 yards from the Shangri-La cottage. I've lived in California for nearly 25 years, but I'm originally from France, and love hosting our two cottages.